***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

With less than two weeks out, I got both my magic bands and the rest of my Mickey Mail! The only thing left to do is pack and go! I always get so nervous getting from my home to my WDW "Home", and everything in between. As soon as I set my stuff down in that Pop Century room, the worries instantly shed, and the vacation and relaxation can begin. That time can't come soon enough. *heaves a heavy sigh from all the planning!*

With less than two weeks out, I got both my magic bands and the rest of my Mickey Mail! The only thing left to do is pack and go! I always get so nervous getting from my home to my WDW "Home", and everything in between. As soon as I set my stuff down in that Pop Century room, the worries instantly shed, and the vacation and relaxation can begin. That time can't come soon enough. *heaves a heavy sigh from all the planning!*
I'm three weeks out and I've already packed everything but my electronics.

I'm three weeks out and I've already packed everything but my electronics.
To be fair, I would be packed too. But I'm borrowing Mom's luggage! I've had all my stuff I'm going to pack in a big huge laundry basket, ready to shove into a suitcase.

I hope you have a MAGICAL TIME! Good luck with the NEWBIES! Pop Century might be poo-pooed on for being a Value, but it's the perfect resort for us, am I right? :)

This is me, I get anxiety about everything from the start of picking up the rental car for the drive to the airport, the flights, the magical express, our luggage, room location..... to when we get in the room at Pop. Once I'm in the room, I'm ok but I wish I didn't worry so bad about the in between. So I understand!!!

This is me, I get anxiety about everything from the start of picking up the rental car for the drive to the airport, the flights, the magical express, our luggage, room location..... to when we get in the room at Pop. Once I'm in the room, I'm ok but I wish I didn't worry so bad about the in between. So I understand!!!
I hope you have a good time too, prettypatchesmsu! <3 You're arriving the day after I leave, so we won't cross paths to say hello. ^^
As soon as I arrive, I'm keen to have lunch and take a nap or swim in the pool until dinner. Gotta recoup from the anxiety somehow. Perhaps an umbrella drink from Petals. Hmm...!

ugh...not liking the lull before vacation!! Really nothing to do but wait...sigh...
I don't have too much of a lull. Tonight I have a b-day thing for my sister-in-law for her dad's side of the family, Saturday we're taking a few hrs to drive up where we are going for the eclipse because we need to know other routes to take (it's about an hour or so away from us), Sunday we have a day planned with out of town family members with my mother-in-law & step-father-in-law, Monday is the eclipse.

Now after that we don't have anything planned until Labor Day weekend (so that's where my lull will be; waiting for that weekend) where we're going to the lake from Friday-either Monday night (Labor Day) or Tuesday morning and then a few days later it's time for Disney/Universal trip :)

It doesn't matter how many times we've gotten rental cars for vacation I'm always a bit antsy until we have the vehicle and we're driving away and onto to our vacation. I've had a handful of bad experiences so that's why I'm like that.

We were going to have the in-laws take us to the airport but they will be out of town so we'll just drive ourselves and pay for the Parking Spot.

Someone else posted the farmers almanac predictions for September on another board. Thought you guys might like to see it.

SEPTEMBER 2017: temperature 81° (1° above avg.); precipitation 3.5" (2" below avg.); Sep 1-4: Hurricane threat; Sep 5-10: Sunny, hot; Sep 11-17: A few t-storms, turning cooler; Sep 18-22: Sunny north, a few t-storms south; warm; Sep 23-28: T-storms, warm; Sep 29-30: Sunny, cool.

I hope you have a good time too, prettypatchesmsu! <3 You're arriving the day after I leave, so we won't cross paths to say hello. ^^
As soon as I arrive, I'm keen to have lunch and take a nap or swim in the pool until dinner. Gotta recoup from the anxiety somehow. Perhaps an umbrella drink from Petals. Hmm...!
Thank you, I hope you have a magical trip too! And I like your thinking haha! We are planning on going to AK that evening of arrival after resting a bit, we have a FP for ROL and an adult beverage is definitely planned :thumbsup2

Someone else posted the farmers almanac predictions for September on another board. Thought you guys might like to see it.

SEPTEMBER 2017: temperature 81° (1° above avg.); precipitation 3.5" (2" below avg.); Sep 1-4: Hurricane threat; Sep 5-10: Sunny, hot; Sep 11-17: A few t-storms, turning cooler; Sep 18-22: Sunny north, a few t-storms south; warm; Sep 23-28: T-storms, warm; Sep 29-30: Sunny, cool.

Ok so this is pretty good for my trip some thunder storms... anyone got an idea what temperature range would be considered warm and cool?

So excited for everyone getting magic bands, I have to wait till I get to the hotel. I have already got the suitcases together and put Disney specific stuff in the bags and I'm almost done picking up all the little bits I need. My main things are to finish my MNSSHP costumes and finish packing list and spreadsheets for the trip.

Thank you! I'm very prepared for rain, but a hurricane threat does sound spooky. I'm from New England, where our weather changes constantly during the day. I take little stock in a threat from an almanac when it's so unpredictable what it will do, but I'll pay attention when I'm closer and the forecast doesn't change. ;)

I've got rainy day plans, and I am flexible enough to wing it! Torrential downpour can't keep me down, but winds and lightning might!

Ok so this is pretty good for my trip some thunder storms... anyone got an idea what temperature range would be considered warm and cool?

Yeah I'm happy with this too. I'm there 5-10. Hurricanes before I go. Sunshine while I'm there. Thunderstorms after I leave.

I don't know which Tiki god I pleased to get this lucky... but thank you!

Thank you! I'm very prepared for rain, but a hurricane threat does sound spooky. I'm from New England, where our weather changes constantly during the day. I take little stock in a threat from an almanac when it's so unpredictable what it will do, but I'll pay attention when I'm closer and the forecast doesn't change. ;)

I've got rainy day plans, and I am flexible enough to wing it! Torrential downpour can't keep me down, but winds and lightning might!

When are you there?

Aug 29-Sept 6. Still plenty of days in the vacation to get some gorgeous sunshine, in spite of hurricanes. ^^

Yeah these aren't 100% accurate obviously so I wouldn't worry right now at all... just good to be a little aware.

That's why I like to drive. :car: I pretty much control my own destiny. My wife's cousin just got stuck in O'hare for 12 hours flying back from her vacation. I think my head would have exploded! >:( I don't know how Orlando is but we flew to Vegas last year (on Spirit...never again). You have to take a bus and go to a completely different area away from the airport to pick up and drop off your car. What a pain. I've never had trouble getting through TSA but the horror stories I've heard of people taking 2-3 hours to get through? Ugh! That always makes me nervous. No thank you. I'll drive, eat where I want, stop when I want, and enjoy the scenery.

BTW, 37 days!

To be fair, I would be packed too. But I'm borrowing Mom's luggage! I've had all my stuff I'm going to pack in a big huge laundry basket, ready to shove into a suitcase.

I hope you have a MAGICAL TIME! Good luck with the NEWBIES! Pop Century might be poo-pooed on for being a Value, but it's the perfect resort for us, am I right? :)
Well with the report of the Values now getting a sit down restaurant might be pushing all of these out of values. And yeah I've been packing for weeks. I finally finished and repacked again last night. I'll do it one more time before I go.

Does anyone know if I can get a 1/2 gallon of milk at the the All Star Sports resort? My son still likes to have a bottle of milk going to bed at night and wondering if I need to get it before I get to the resort.

I'm not sure on the size of the milk carton but I did see it in the shop at All Star Music on a tour video so I would assume it would be the same for sports also.

- from about 2:20 in it shows the fridge and he walks around so I think you get a second glimpse maybe you'll be able to identify it.

Thanks !!
I don't need a grumpy almost 2 year old. I would think sports is about the same in layout but I am driving down so I can go get it if I need too.

Thanks !!
I don't need a grumpy almost 2 year old. I would think sports is about the same in layout but I am driving down so I can go get it if I need too.

No problem and its good you have a back up plan just in case. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!