***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

What a busy day so it's a good thing I took the day off from work. My mother in-law has decided to stay at our house and have her plumbing redone in her house while we are gone. Spent most of the day at her house mowing grass, hanging a 100 lb mirror she bought last weekend, fixing the AC in her SUV. We had 2 bales of hay delivered to our house for the horses while we are gone. Moved them to the upper pasture and also moved and cleaned out their 200 gallon water bucket. Since my mother in-law is staying now my wife started cleaning the house like the president is coming. Everything we needed to get done before we depart is almost done!! We need to finish packing tomorrow morning and then load the truck, should not take too long.

I'll take a crazy day at Disney over a day at work any day!!!

I am still busy sewing all the shorts my DD requested before we go - we purchased a range of Disney fabrics, but the pile kept getting bigger and bigger! At some point soon I need to switch my sewing gear for laying out all the documents we need to take with us so I don't miss anything!

8 days for us till we leave - so close!

Hi everyone we head home tomorrow but had a great trip. Crowds were much higher than last year, and our MNSSHP had sold out but we still had a great time. We also finally bit the bullet an bought in to DVC so we now own at Copper creek. :scared: (We have been looking into it for moths and planned on doing it during the trip). So we now have to come more often. :rotfl2:Hope everyone else has amazing trips too. :cheer2:

Hi everyone we head home tomorrow but had a great trip. Crowds were much higher than last year, and our MNSSHP had sold out but we still had a great time. We also finally bit the bullet an bought in to DVC so we now own at Copper creek. :scared: (We have been looking into it for moths and planned on doing it during the trip). So we now have to come more often. :rotfl2:Hope everyone else has amazing trips too. :cheer2:
I bought into Poly. How many points did you do? I only did 60 so I can go every other year.

We did 75 it was the minimum for copper creek. We will probably do every other though we will have to go next year so we doing lose our points for 2017 unless we want to bank with RCI but not too sure yet.
I did 60 and I plan on going next year too. I'm using my 60 points for a three night stay and then I'll bank them for a trip in 2020. I can't wait. I should be getting my welcome packet today.

I bought into Poly. How many points did you do? I only did 60 so I can go every other year.

We did 75 it was the minimum for copper creek. We will probably do every other though we will have to go next year so we doing lose our points for 2017 unless we want to bank with RCI but not too sure yet.

We bought 75 at CCV as well! I went in thinking 60 to do every other year, but the info I had gotten earlier that I could buy 60 at CCV was incorrect. They offered 75 at CCV or 60 at Poly. I really wanted CCV and we were ok with the extra points. We got 2016 points and 2017 (December use year purchased in September) so we have to go next year to use the points, of course! I was tempted to use them to get a 1 BR, but I am afraid I will be addicted.

I did 60 and I plan on going next year too. I'm using my 60 points for a three night stay and then I'll bank them for a trip in 2020. I can't wait. I should be getting my welcome packet today.

So exciting!

I have the next few years already planned out. I plan on just a three night stay at AK and then back in two years, four days at poly and four days at Boardwalk, then in another two years, my Parents and Brother will go to Alauni. Then after that I might do a solo.

Yesterday was great saw Tiana and a couple of Parades. Got hungry so headed to Epcot for some snacks and drinks at F&W you can see my review on what I had here https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...vember-13-2017.3562540/page-146#post-58230507

Missed Space Mountain fast pass and 7D fast pass it's fine best thing about being solo is when you adjust or miss your plans you don't feel like you disappointed anyone and I did ride bunch of these rides with my Kids in August.

Came back to MK for Happily Ever After just made it! Had reservations for Narcosses so I left during Once Upon a Time got there late using the monorail I should have took the resort boat launch lesson learned. Food was great and I took the boat launch back got a ride back all by myself so very quick and then I had to wait 20 minutes for the bus back to CSR.

Not a bad day at all loving my Solo trip. Learning to go with the flow plans are made to be broken no reason to have anxiety over it.

Anyone who is there this week (especially if you've gone in Sept in previous years)...how are crowds? Just wondering how Irma impacted this week.

We just learned another family at our school is going next week same as us...may try to meet up...they had to reschedule because of Irma.

Last edited:
Anyone who is there this week (especially if you've gone in Sept in previous years)...how are crowds? Just wondering how Irma impacted this week.

We just learned another family at our school is going next week same as us...may try to meet up...they had to reschedule because of Irma.

We are here now and have been here many times in September. We are experiencing larger crowds this time. Don't know if it's Irma related, but it's definitely more crowds than we're used to.

We are here now and have been here many times in September. We are experiencing larger crowds this time. Don't know if it's Irma related, but it's definitely more crowds than we're used to.
I can say I was there the week before and a few days after Irma and its my normal time to go and the crowds were way down. I mean I waited only 30 for FOP and didn't wait any longer then five minutes for any other ride. Literally rode frozen back to back five times in a row, used the special door because there was nobody in line. So I would say that until Feb all the crowds will be a little impacted by Irma.

Since people were talking about opting out of housekeeping, thought I would share our experience. We were on the Magical Express Tuesday on our way to FQ when DH got a telephone call from someone at FQ asking if we would mind foregoing daily housekeeping in return for a $60 gift card. We said yes and the GC was on DH's phone before we even arrived! They brought us fresh towels today and replenish soap and coffee. They will change our sheets on the 5th day. There are only two of us, so it worked well for us.

We did the dash for FOP this morning. We arrived at AK at 7:30. We got to stand in the special line for AP holders and were first at the turnstiles. We were released around 8:30 and walked briskly toward the Oasis and left at the Tree of Life. We walked with CMs from there and it only took as long as it took to walk to it to ride it. They skipped the little film that usually plays and just had us go in for the instructional video. Then the ride...just fantastic!! We absolutely were blown away! When we got finished we walked over to navi river ride and walked on that as well. We finished both rides by 9:00! We made our way back out toward Africa and the wait for FOP was 2 1/2 hours already!! I don't think any ride is worth that much of a wait, but that's just me. Hope this helps someone.:flower1:

I can say I was there the week before and a few days after Irma and its my normal time to go and the crowds were way down. I mean I waited only 30 for FOP and didn't wait any longer then five minutes for any other ride. Literally rode frozen back to back five times in a row, used the special door because there was nobody in line. So I would say that until Feb all the crowds will be a little impacted by Irma.

We did our AK day Tuesday and were there for rope drop FOP was a 120 minute wait hubby said nope so it will wait till next trip which is looking like June 2018. Sitting on magical express now :sad:

We are planning on doing rope drop to AK on Monday, I hope there is not a huge line for FoP. Extra magic in the morning so I only have to fight the 6 thousand other people staying on property.

Daughter just got done with her hair appointment. Once the wife and daughter finish packing I can load the truck!! Early departure planned for tomorrow morning!! Orlando here we come !!!

We are planning on doing rope drop to AK on Monday, I hope there is not a huge line for FoP. Extra magic in the morning so I only have to fight the 6 thousand other people staying on property.

Daughter just got done with her hair appointment. Once the wife and daughter finish packing I can load the truck!! Early departure planned for tomorrow morning!! Orlando here we come !!!

I'll be a few hours behind you! We're leaving tomorrow afternoon...but we've got a lot further to drive, so I won't have to worry about getting run over by a big, red Hummer. :car: I'll still have to watch out for some mad man with a stroller Monday morning, though. :laughing:

I'm hoping the same for EMH Monday morning. I'm planning on being there around 7:30. I don't know if I'll be willing to wait 2 hours in line for FoP since I have a FP for later in the week. But I would like to go through the stand by line to see the cool stuff. I dunno. We'll see.

I'll be a few hours behind you! We're leaving tomorrow afternoon...but we've got a lot further to drive, so I won't have to worry about getting run over by a big, red Hummer. :car: I'll still have to watch out for some mad man with a stroller Monday morning, though. :laughing:

I'm hoping the same for EMH Monday morning. I'm planning on being there around 7:30. I don't know if I'll be willing to wait 2 hours in line for FoP since I have a FP for later in the week. But I would like to go through the stand by line to see the cool stuff. I dunno. We'll see.

We're rope dropping Sunday AM... for a 9:00 opening, do you think 7:15 will suffice?

We did our AK day Tuesday and were there for rope drop FOP was a 120 minute wait hubby said nope so it will wait till next trip which is looking like June 2018. Sitting on magical express now :sad:
Those times are not always correct, and I'm sorry but someone can correct me but they are a bit inflated because there are so many people who stop and take pictures that it forces a line and then another person stops to take pictures and so on and so forth. Thats why most people say the wait is actually shorter.

Both of those would be me !!!
The wife just finished packing so I am loading up now!!! It should not take me long. I just hope I can sleep tonight.

We're rope dropping Sunday AM... for a 9:00 opening, do you think 7:15 will suffice?

From what I have heard that should OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter