Official Wine & Dine 2018

I am not paying outrageous prices for any other airline so Southwest it is for me! Also plenty of other airlines have issues.

I'm fascinated by this because SW is always more expensive than any other option I have from the DFW area, and I still can't fly non-stop to most places even without the Wright Amendment. :confused3

You'd think for an airline based in Dallas, they'd try to be competitive with other lines in the area, but nope.

I'm fascinated by this because SW is always more expensive than any other option I have from the DFW area, and I still can't fly non-stop to most places even without the Wright Amendment. :confused3

You'd think for an airline based in Dallas, they'd try to be competitive with other lines in the area, but nope.
I can regularly get a round trip flight for MCO for under $300 is not even close to $200. I also don't have to pay baggage fees like other airlines. We don't exactly have a huge airport in Milwaukee either.

I can regularly get a round trip flight for MCO for under $300 is not even close to $200. I also don't have to pay baggage fees like other airlines. We don't exactly have a huge airport in Milwaukee either.

Sure. I've looked at it and even with paying to check bags on AA (even though I don't have to), it's still cheaper than SW for me most times ... plus, I'm a brat and I like to have a seat assigned to me. :rotfl2:

I’ve never had a problem with the seating on southwest.

As someone who usually flies solo, I agree. I'm not picky and even on airlines where I do get to chose my seat months in advance, I am usually asked by another passenger or an air steward/ess if I wouldn't mind switching so a family can be seated together.

And as a chronic over packer, the two free check bags works for me.

I just wish they offered more non-stop flights from either of my airports to places I want to go.

I'm flying SW for the first time to go back to Memphis for a weekend. I'm not looking forward to it

Me either. I love Southwest and fly them often. I don't really care where I sit on a flight and when we fly with the kid we get on early enough to get seats together and we shoot for the very back of the plane anyway. The only time I don't fly them is when someone else has a direct that is not ridiculously more expensive.

My DH and I like aisle seats on planes so we tend not to book SW. Once in awhile he has to fly on SW for work, but he pays an upgrade fee to be in group A 1-15. I think it’s $40 per flight for him to do it, but he gets reimbursed for it from work.

I am not paying outrageous prices for any other airline so Southwest it is for me! Also plenty of other airlines have issues.

With how high prices have been on SW out of Baltimore my husband and I did a little cost comparison for this trip. In the past I've gotten round trip flights on SW for W&D weekend right around $200, maybe a little less. So even driving to Baltimore (an hour and a half further than Harrisburg) and paying for parking I normally save money since I'm not paying to check bags and I get to MCO faster. For this trip the flights are so expensive on SW that my husband said he'd drive me to Harrisburg (last time I flew out of there I paid to park for the week) and while I have to take a super early flight and connect it's cheaper for me than SW. I'm still waiting to see what prices are at the end of the month for the return to decide, but right now I'm thinking AA out of Harrisburg will be my best bet!

I haven't had problems with seating on SW either.

Hello! A few friends and I are in for the 10k this year. Looking forward to catching up on the discussions.

As for Southwest...that's our usual go to however this year we may train down and fly back as the flight down right now is more than usual. We'll see. :)

I wonder if this year will be the final year or if this weekend will go on hiatus in 19 due to the expectation of galaxy’s edge crowds

I wonder if this year will be the final year or if this weekend will go on hiatus in 19 due to the expectation of galaxy’s edge crowds
It likely at least won’t run through the land due to crowds. This land will be handled differently than how we have seen things before.

Its be great if at least one race ran through there....maybe SW half?
Possible but I am not sure they will want that unless they go through there within the first few miles. Also based on how this land will be so "in theme" I am not sure they will want you running through it. Its going to be quite the difference in operation.

I think it will eventually go through there - but (obviously) for Star Wars first ... plus, they're going to need plenty of time to see how it operates (like Pandora) in the dark/early morning hours to make sure that it's not hazardous for runners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter