Official Wine & Dine 2018

I've got several others interested in doing 5k, but wanted to know how quickly these runs fill up. I know I've heard horror stories in the past that it does so VERY quickly, and they do not have active accounts and will need time to go through the "long" process.

I've got several others interested in doing 5k, but wanted to know how quickly these runs fill up. I know I've heard horror stories in the past that it does so VERY quickly, and they do not have active accounts and will need time to go through the "long" process.

They generally do and no one knows what it'll be like this year since this is the first registration since they cancelled DL. They can sign up for active accounts tomorrow if they wanted and they should do it before registration day. Anyone that wants to register for a RD race should be logging in to an active account not registering for that along with registering for the race, too many things could go wrong.

I am in as long as I can get registered. We booked Yacht Club for the weekend and will move down to French Quarter for the rest of the week. Now I just need to wait to register and get my vacation time approved once March comes.

My best friend from high school and I are planning to run our first Run Disney event during Wine and Dine... definitely the 10k and maybe the 5k too. Two questions:

1) One the RunDisney site, it refers to RunDisney travel partners to book hotels/tickets at a discounted rate. How discounted is this rate??? Or is it better to just book now through the WDW site?

2) Is it possible for just one of us to register both of us for the race or do we each need to register ourselves??

Thanks for your help... I am WDW pro but new to the RunDisney stuff!!

My best friend from high school and I are planning to run our first Run Disney event during Wine and Dine... definitely the 10k and maybe the 5k too. Two questions:

1) One the RunDisney site, it refers to RunDisney travel partners to book hotels/tickets at a discounted rate. How discounted is this rate??? Or is it better to just book now through the WDW site?

2) Is it possible for just one of us to register both of us for the race or do we each need to register ourselves??

Thanks for your help... I am WDW pro but new to the RunDisney stuff!!
1) I can’t answer cause I’m an AP and have booked my room ala carte through Disney
2) you will each need to have your own active accounts... so if one person were to register they would need to log out and log back in

OK, so I'm getting the impression its a very good idea to book and hold a room prior to registration? If so another dilemma, my go to resort (CB) is under all that construction, and I've heard horror stories about the morning of lines for buses to the runs so I don't want to do All-Star, any suggestions?

OK, so I'm getting the impression its a very good idea to book and hold a room prior to registration? If so another dilemma, my go to resort (CB) is under all that construction, and I've heard horror stories about the morning of lines for buses to the runs so I don't want to do All-Star, any suggestions?

Port Orleans French Quarter is nice for a moderate resort. I have friends that have stayed there for various race weekends with no complaints. We're DVC owners so we tend to stay DVC.

I booked Coronado Springs for the week. They do have some construction going but nothing like CB.

I stayed at CBR for Dark Side and it was ok, but the quick service was often closed when we need it which bothered me. I prefer French Quarter or Riverside for race weekends on the moderate level. But yes, I would definitely book something prior to r. You can always cancel it if you change you mind or are not able to register.

With the past 2 years I booked resort the day I registered are pickings already bad that I should do it now and not wait for March? Doing AS Movies again (worked for 16 & 17’s 10k with no drama)

I booked our room in November...and even then the choices weren't what we originally decided on.

We normally book with the military discount. I called the week after W&D this year and it took me a few months to be able to book anything I was happy with. I check in every couple weeks to see if something we like better is available. I'm happy with our resort (bucket list check!) but would like to be in the Epcot area as that was so convenient last year.

I like the mimosa plans...

In getting acclimated to running before November, I signed up for a somewhat local 5k in April. I'm doing that one with my oldest, and there's another one in May that is sponsored by one of the neighborhood schools. I'll take both kids to that one.

Would you folks suggest we also do another 5k in September or early October ahead of Wine and Dine? New to this, don't want to overdo it. We could just run on our own instead.

I'm going to start training using a couch to 5k or similar. I went to a running store and had my gait analyzed and now have a new pair of shoes. I'm pretty excited.

I've booked a room on cash in case my waitlist doesn't come through. I'm going to register both kids for the 5k, and also the kids' runs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!