Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Anyone having luck with FOP fast passes inside the 60 days? We couldn't get one on our first available day for either day we looked so we're checking every now and again but no luck. Just curious if there's a time when the system recycles or something or if anyone is having any luck since this group will be there around the same time. Thanks.

I finally got two today for October 26th, but it's not at all a preferred time (I want my husband to have a chance to ride it, but the availability window is RIGHT at the exact time of a weekly conference call he has for work, so #WompWomp). I never had this much trouble getting SDMT or FEA FP+s when the came out. I know demand is high, but after riding it once the weekend that Pandora opened, I'm operating under the impression that this ride has the lowest throughput of any ride Disney has EVER done. The only thing about it they built to handle masses of people is the 6-hour long queue ...

I finally got two today for October 26th, but it's not at all a preferred time (I want my husband to have a chance to ride it, but the availability window is RIGHT at the exact time of a weekly conference call he has for work, so #WompWomp). I never had this much trouble getting SDMT or FEA FP+s when the came out. I know demand is high, but after riding it once the weekend that Pandora opened, I'm operating under the impression that this ride has the lowest throughput of any ride Disney has EVER done. The only thing about it they built to handle masses of people is the 6-hour long queue ...
Same experience regarding Fastpass+, it is the first time I just can't get one. But now, you have given me a tiny bit of hope, I never rode FOP. I wish you best of luck changing time for yours.

I suppose since we need to be up super early for two of our mornings (and thus have to go to bed super early) quiet would probably be our #1 request. 2nd would probably be close to bus stop then food court. I look at the AS Sport thread here (https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-all-star-sports-resort-information-questions.1565088/) and while there was a map, it wasn't super helpful for figuring out room requests. Allears.net lists the Surfs Up buildings as the only preferred. Since those are next to the main pool, the only way to get quiet is on the back side. Also, when I go to into my MDE account and start check-in the two boxes for room request options are blank. I click on them and the only option is <select>. So I can't even see what my options are.

We've done AllStar Sports several times. I like the hoops section be we are close to the parking lot and the surfs up pool. The race transportation is on the right side of the building if you're facing the front of the resort. The buses line up in the turnaround just before the lobby awning entrance. We did the football section as well, and it was considered preferred on the end towards the lobby. But hoops is quiet and on the right side of the resort for runners. Let me know if any other thoughts!

Anyone having luck with FOP fast passes inside the 60 days? We couldn't get one on our first available day for either day we looked so we're checking every now and again but no luck. Just curious if there's a time when the system recycles or something or if anyone is having any luck since this group will be there around the same time. Thanks.
I was only able to get 60+5. I've read the occasional account of people checking incessantly finding a FP or a few within the 60 days.

If you're into splurging, there's that new evening AK tour that gives FP access to FoP, NRJ, safari, etc. It ist cheap, though!!!

I'd been trying to get a Frozen ride FP for early in the morning since my FP window opened. I just recently read that they don't start FP for that ride until 11 because World Showcase isn't technically fully opened but that you can ride it at rope drop and there are no FP people up until 11ish. Well that works for me! I know standy lines move faster withouth FP. So now I have one less thing to keep worrying about. Will just keep my schedule as is and rope drop that sucker.

I wish I could check FP availability for other parks than what I already have chosen. I've given up on the Pandora rides but I like to be nosey and check. But I also don't want to give up my FP at my other park just to check.

I'd been trying to get a Frozen ride FP for early in the morning since my FP window opened. I just recently read that they don't start FP for that ride until 11 because World Showcase isn't technically fully opened but that you can ride it at rope drop and there are no FP people up until 11ish. Well that works for me! I know standy lines move faster withouth FP. So now I have one less thing to keep worrying about. Will just keep my schedule as is and rope drop that sucker.

I wish I could check FP availability for other parks than what I already have chosen. I've given up on the Pandora rides but I like to be nosey and check. But I also don't want to give up my FP at my other park just to check.

I need to book rest of my crews FP today once they get their tickets so I can check on stuff if you want.

I need to book rest of my crews FP today once they get their tickets so I can check on stuff if you want.

I don't want you to have to go out of your way. But if you notice any Navi River evening times popping up wed 11/1 through Friday let me know. I'm guess I won't totally change my plans but I'm just super curious. We may end up just standby for that one or trying for same day FP (realizing that may be hard to get.)

This is painfully obvious even without Keels' experience in the park. I was just glancing at wait times the other day. Mine Train was 45 minutes, Toy Story Mania was 35, Frozen was 45 and FOP was 140 while Everest was 5 minutes. I have seen people say several times that the posted time overestimates, one can hope.

We're going to AK the night we arrive (Thursday) after getting to the Expo to see ROL...then going back Saturday. Normally we'd be there at open and just dash right over even with the 10k that morning, but of course it's EMH starting at 8 AM that day. DOH.

This is painfully obvious even without Keels' experience in the park. I was just glancing at wait times the other day. Mine Train was 45 minutes, Toy Story Mania was 35, Frozen was 45 and FOP was 140 while Everest was 5 minutes. I have seen people say several times that the posted time overestimates, one can hope.

We're going to AK the night we arrive (Thursday) after getting to the Expo to see ROL...then going back Saturday. Normally we'd be there at open and just dash right over even with the 10k that morning, but of course it's EMH starting at 8 AM that day. DOH.
We're doing ROL Thursday as well as Navi

I don't want you to have to go out of your way. But if you notice any Navi River evening times popping up wed 11/1 through Friday let me know. I'm guess I won't totally change my plans but I'm just super curious. We may end up just standby for that one or trying for same day FP (realizing that may be hard to get.)

You can get Na'vi every one of those days with multiple openings to choose from.
11/1 - starting at 1:05 p.m. through 6:35 p.m.
11/2 - starting at 12:20 p.m. through 6:25 p.m.
11/3 - starting at 11:25 a.m. through 6:30 p.m.

Don't give up hope on scoring FOP FP+ they just extended hours for my October trip and I was able to get a 710pm. For the first weekend in Nov., I would expect those 8pm closings move to at least 830, probably 9. Just check everyday to see if hours got extended. Good luck!

I picked a theme for 10k outfit today. I'm going with a Dole Whip theme. I'm not going to dress in costume but I bought a raw threads shirt that says "Will run for... (and then a picture of a dole whip). Plus I bought a matching hair bow. Very excited that it's all settled. Its Disney but I'll still be able to wear my favorite running clothes.

Couple of questions. This will be our first runDisney event. My wife, daughter and I are running the 5k and I wanted to make sure we are in the same corral (wife is running 10k/half too but that's too much running for me on vacation). Do I need to request corral placement in advance? Also wondering what kind of crowds I should expect when we go to the expo for packet pick up. Current plan is to go around 12:30 or so on Thursday November 2. Thanks!

Couple of questions. This will be our first runDisney event. My wife, daughter and I are running the 5k and I wanted to make sure we are in the same corral (wife is running 10k/half too but that's too much running for me on vacation). Do I need to request corral placement in advance? Also wondering what kind of crowds I should expect when we go to the expo for packet pick up. Current plan is to go around 12:30 or so on Thursday November 2. Thanks!

If you aren't in the same corral already, you can all shift back to the last corral in your group. (Anyone can move to a 'slower' corral, whereas moving to a 'faster' corral is not allowed.)

Wine & Dine expo isn't usually a mad house, except right when they first open. Should be easy peasy.

For the 5k they asked at time of registration what your estimated pace per mile is (it was like a list of time ranges and you just clicked on the on your wanted.) They will corral people based on that choice. The good news is that if you all picked something different you can still all be in the same corral together. However you can't move up a corral from your bib assignment to be with your family...you can only move back to be with them. So in this scenario if Wife has corral A, husband B and daughter C...You can all start in C together. But the C person can't go up to B etc. Only move back!

If you go to your active.com and sign in and choose "my events". The Wald Disney Wine N Dine weekend should show up and there should be a link that says "view my registration." Click on it and it will show you what estimated time that you picked. Here's what mine looks like copy and pasted; it's midway down the page.

What is your anticipated pace per mile? 8:01 - 9:00 minutes

Two months to go! - how's everyone's training going?
Slightly derailed by Hurricane Irma: missed a long run and a few short runs thanks to evacuating, losing power, recovering. Nothing I couldn't afford to miss, though, and if we can stay storm-free from here on out in FL, I can pick back up.

@flav Just a suggestion but you can do what I did for my half. While I'm inside a park (or approaching it) I took my phone out and held it in my hand as I ran so I'd be ready. There tends to be more characters inside the parks (like Epcot for instance.) So I was ready for any picture taking. Any outside the park mileage I shoved my phone back in my armband. I though to myself that if there was anything outside the park there'd probably be a line and then I'd have time to take my phone back out.
:thumbsup2 This is exactly what I do, too!

Hi, I'm Jenna. First time posting on here. First time going to WDW. Doing the Lumiere Challenge. Getting my Coast to Coast. I've only ever done runs at Disneyland. Aside from having to get up what seems like soooooo much earlier to make it on time, is there anything important I should know?

Hi, I'm Jenna. First time posting on here. First time going to WDW. Doing the Lumiere Challenge. Getting my Coast to Coast. I've only ever done runs at Disneyland. Aside from having to get up what seems like soooooo much earlier to make it on time, is there anything important I should know?

Hey, Jenna!

The ease of getting to the races and the expo is the biggest difference between running at the two places! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the bus setup at your hotel to get to the Expo and then to the race start line. :D

Welcome to running the right coast!

Much like Disneyland is more consolidated than Walt Disney World, the runDisney events follow similar use of space. Whereas DLR races have security, bag check and runner staging in one small area with a short walk to the corrals, WDW takes "advantage" of their space and has a long trek (think a mile at minimum) from security until your corral.

I think that Keels and jeanigor covered the key differences. All I have to say is :welcome:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!