Official Upcoming RunDisney DISMeets Thread

I am sorry we could not stay longer at DATW but it was a blast and was so happy to meet all of you. @Keels will let you know when we get to Epcot on Friday. Am guessing sometime after 11 am.

@Keels I wanted to apologize that we didn't make it to the happy hour :sad: I was SO excited to go, but I was a total rookie for my races.....I loved the 5K and decided I didn't need to nap, and instead ate breakfast, showered and powered through a full day at the parks. #stupid I was ridiculously exhausted and went to bed at 7 so I'd able to get up for the 10K in the a.m. The next day I was smarter and decided I'd better take a nap in the afternoon...of course my sleepiness from the day before took over and my short nap had me asleep till almost 4:30 just enough time to make it to our ADR and Epcot FPs.

Anyway, long story short, I really enjoyed my first runDisney races ever and I would have LOVED the chance to meet lots of you and share the excitement of the weekend. :( Plus, I was really excited for swag LOL

Hope it was an awesome time!! I'll happily PayPal you for the postage if you have extra swag (or drinks LOL) you want to send to Chicago :rolleyes1:drinking1

Just curious if anything is planned for Dark Side Weekend. I wanted to put it in my calendar since I’m easily distracted during runDisney! :squirrel:

Any meet-ups for Star Wars or W&D??

I’m about to move onto 2019 Marathon Weekend and 2019 Princess Half Weekend.
I don’t think I’d be able to coordinate one but I’d definitely attend a wine and dine one if there is one.

Any meet-ups for Star Wars or W&D??

I’m about to move onto 2019 Marathon Weekend and 2019 Princess Half Weekend.

I don’t think I’d be able to coordinate one but I’d definitely attend a wine and dine one if there is one.
I'm totally new to runDisney but would be up for a meet, just not sure I could plan one myself.

I'm totally new to runDisney but would be up for a meet, just not sure I could plan one myself.
I’m staying at Pop so I’m not sure where would be the best place to do one if people are interested. Maybe in Epcot? Or the Boardwalk?

Would it be easier to work out details once registration opens? I'm still stuck on registration...:confused:

Event-Icons-WDW_200x200.png

2019 WDW Marathon Weekend

Pre-/In-Race Meet-Ups:

Official RunDISers 10K Fuel Stop
Meet-Up Date: Friday, Jan. 11
Meet-Up Time: During 10K
Meet-Up Location: Epcot Resort Loop, tables outside Stormalong Bay under the Shipwreck Slide
Meet-Up Host: @Keels

Post-Race Meet-Ups:

Hurricane Hannah's Happy Hour!
Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 11
Meet-Up Time: 3 p.m.
Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
More Info: Join Keels for some fun in the sun as we all catch-up before the long races of the weekend. Drinks are on her - at least for a bit!! To kick off Carnival season, THERE WILL BE KING CAKE!!
Attendees: @rteetz; @CDKG; @ZellyB; @Chris-Mo; @Bree; @garneska +1; @LdyStormy76; @lhermiston; @mrsg00fy +2; @UNCBear24; @Princess KP

Official 2019 "Drinking Around the World"
Meet-Up Date:
Monday, Jan. 14
Meet-Up Time: 11:15 a.m. (aka Margarita Rope Drop)
Meet-Up Location: Start in Mexico @ Le Cava del Tequila; @rteetz gets his face painted in Africa; Lunch - Via Napoli, 1:30ish p.m.
More Info: Marathon Weekend is done ... now it's time for the REAL challenge - Drinking Around the World! Personalized lanyards will be provided to track your progress, and we'll see what you get if you complete the Challenge!
Attendees: @rteetz; @AFwifelife +1; @Neon Cactus; @CDKG; @Chaitali; @ZellyB; @Chris-Mo; @Bree; @LSUlakes; @garneska +1; @lhermiston; @mrsg00fy; @Princess KP; @TCB in FLA; @camaker; @tigger536

Last edited:
I’m at POFQ Fri-Sun for SWDS & Poly Sat-Mon for W&D. POFQ isn’t exactly the best for a meet up. Trader Sams doesn’t open until 4pm. I think Tambu lounge opens earlier. Depending on my DD’s fall soccer schedule and Tambu’s hours I might be able to arrange a meet up for W&D. I won’t know until September-ish though.

I’m at POFQ Fri-Sun for SWDS & Poly Sat-Mon for W&D. POFQ isn’t exactly the best for a meet up. Trader Sams doesn’t open until 4pm. I think Tambu lounge opens earlier. Depending on my DD’s fall soccer schedule and Tambu’s hours I might be able to arrange a meet up for W&D. I won’t know until September-ish though.
Otherwise we could go to the Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach? Ample Hills for Ice Cream, Hurricane Hannahs, Beaches and Cream? Just some ideas. The Epcot resorts are usually easy to get to since they are attached to a park.

Otherwise we could go to the Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach? Ample Hills for Ice Cream, Hurricane Hannahs, Beaches and Cream? Just some ideas. The Epcot resorts are usually easy to get to since they are attached to a park.

You had me at ice cream!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!