Official Tinkerbell Half Marathon 2018

giphy.gif

I am getting so impatient!! Please just put me out of my misery rD!

right?!? Damn it, runDisney!

Facebook helpfully reminded me that I registered a year ago today for the 2017 races. *deep sigh*

we have booked a trip this december and am still waiting for an announcement about Tink!
not sure when I am going to give up and move our dates!

Hey @roxymama - maybe they're clearing out inventory so they can get new stuff for next year's race! :confused3

In all seriousness, I get it and it's another sign that this race and SWLS may not happen. Even the Disney expo vendors don't want to hold on to the inventory for an unknown race.

wine and dine official event guide is out and there is no mention of any races at DL past Avengers :(

wine and dine official event guide is out and there is no mention of any races at DL past Avengers :(

:(
It looks like they changed it from listing the future races and dates to what races still have availability.
(Wine and Dine, Super Heroes/Avengers, WDW Marathon, and Star Wars Dark Side)
Ugh.

:(
It looks like they changed it from listing the future races and dates to what races still have availability.
(Wine and Dine, Super Heroes/Avengers, WDW Marathon, and Star Wars Dark Side)
Ugh.

That's sort of a sneaky way of doing it. I just wish they would let us know so we can get on with our lives and plan other racecations/vacations. Maui is calling. :beach:

It's official...sorry everyone. :(

https://www.rundisney.com/blog/articles/run-disney/

We have heard from many of you over the past few months regarding registration for runDisney race weekends at Disneyland Resort. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our runDisney race events and want to share the following update with you.

Given the level of construction to support the ongoing Disneyland Resort expansion, we have been working hard to determine how we can continue providing our West Coast participants with the best possible runDisney experience, which is designed around the ability to run throughout our resorts while enjoying entertainment offerings and characters.

After careful consideration and weighing all possibilities, we have made the very difficult decision to place all runDisney race weekends at Disneyland Resort on hiatus beginning in 2018. This includes the associated Coast to Coast Race Challenges.

Anyone who has registered for one of these races will be contacted directly by runDisney today by email and will receive a full refund for registration fees and for any commemorative items they may have purchased.

While news of this hiatus is sad to share, we are so thankful for the magic and memories you have helped create at our race weekends through the years. We look forward to hosting the upcoming Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend at Disneyland Resort November 9-12, and we hope to see many of you there.

We encourage runners to continue to visit runDisney.com for other race opportunities. A full schedule of races at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Paris are currently still being offered, in addition to our virtual race series. Guests with questions can contact rundisney@disneysports.com.

Last edited:
Sigh. I really wanted to do the 10K to motivate me to keep moving after organ donation surgery. Wine & Dine would work, but I liked the Tink weekend.

Thankfully I can cancel the hotel room, but still. Boo!

Sigh. I really wanted to do the 10K to motivate me to keep moving after organ donation surgery. Wine & Dine would work, but I liked the Tink weekend.

Thankfully I can cancel the hotel room, but still. Boo!
That's amazing that you are doing that! Best wishes for a safe surgery and recovery. :lovestruc

well its crappy news, i am going to miss mothers day and tink in disneyland......
le sigh
i bought APs for DH and DS based on running tink in 2017 and 2018, at least we can cancel our hotel room for that week!

:sad:

Well, I guess it's time to try out an east coast race! Probably won't be able to until 2019.

What a bummer. This year's tinkerbell race was my first rundisney race and I was so looking forward to doing it every year!

So, I emailed RunDisney last week sometime asking what the heck was going on with all the Disneyland races next year; today I got this response back:

"Thank you for inquiring about runDisney events at Disneyland Resort.

After careful consideration and weighing all possibilities, we have made the very difficult decision to place all runDisney race weekends at Disneyland Resort on hiatus beginning in 2018 due to construction to support the ongoing Disneyland Resort expansion.

We greatly appreciate your interest in these events, and we encourage runners to continue to visit runDisney.com for other race opportunities. A full schedule of races at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Paris are currently still being offered, in addition to our virtual race series.

If you have any questions at all, a Disney Cast Member can assist you at 407-939-iRUN (4786), between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., EDT, seven days a week, or you may email us at runDisney@DisneySports.com.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope to see you at one of our future events.

Sincerely,
Your friends at runDisney "

I find the way they have worded this so weird. What the heck do they mean by "hiatus" just that their still deciding, or that that there will be NO races for 2018 at DLR?

Either way, I'd say it sounds like NO run Disney races at DLR will take place in 2018. SO if you're thinking of other plans, I'd make those.

So disappointing....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!