Official Tinkerbell Half Marathon 2018

KatsMeow715

Earning My Ears
After this weekend, we are one year away from the Tinkerbell Half marathon. This is for those wanting to do the Tink Half, 10K or Pixie Dust challenge in 2018! Personally I'm wanting to do the Pink Coast to Coast Challenge and I am super excited for 2018!!! Anyone else down for a Pixie Dust weekend in Disneyland?

I'm planning to be there! I'm doing the Fairy Tale Challenge at Princess 2018 and have my eye on that pink medal! I'm hoping that the fact that Tink didn't sell out this year is an indication that I don't have to rush to register on the first day this year since Princess cost so much recently it would be good if I could recoup some funds first!

Oh! I've also never been to Disneyland before (I live in Florida and am an AP holder at the World) can anyone give advice as far as what to expect over there? I know it's smaller but I'm so excited to walk the streets Walt walked and all that nostalgic stuff (I'm a total sap) but I don't know how to plan to do it along with a race. Should I plan to do the parks AFTER the half and just stay longer so as not to overdo it? Or would I be ok doing the parks leading up to race day and then racing? Any advice would be appreciated!

I want to do both the 5K and 10K...I was bummed I couldn't sign up at the Expo. I'm working to become a living organ donor over the summer and this race is my carrot to keep moving.

I'm such a planner!

Just got back from Tinker Bell. I'm in for the 5K with the family and I'll be doing the 1/2 to keep my legacy status.

Maybe I missed it....but did anyone actually see an "official" rD date for Tink next year?

PDC #4 for sure.

I'm torn about the 5K. I really want to for character stop reasons, but I'm also concerned about more tests like this year's 5K and being as disappointed as I was this year with the whole thing :(. It also was brutal doing all three with how short my weekend was. I think I was less exhausted doing Dopey last year than I was at a Tink this year doing all three.

Tinker Bell weekend is 05/10/2018-05/13/2018

I'm thinking about doing 5k and 10k! never done this race. Have only done Disneyland Half weekend!

I think registration for tinkerbell may be delayed as well. They previously announced registration for June. Normally they would just put something like " Registration for Tinkerbell Half Marathon will open June XX, 2017 at noon ET/9 a.m. PT. Sign up for an email reminder today!" however if you look at the page, they have "Stay tuned for registration and event information for the 2018 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend."

Think something is up with rundisney events at Disneyland for 2018. Whether it is trouble getting course permits or whatever...

I'm planning on the 2018 Tink half. I'm already signed up for the 2018 Princess half so that will get me my pink coast to coast :)

Has anyone received a "Thanks for participating" email with a link to early register for 2018 Tink? I got one after Light Side this year and registered for 2018, but I suspect maybe they won't do it for Tink given the issues that seem to be delaying registration for 2018 DL races?

I'm going to be there as a part of my year of every Disney half in 2018. I'm already signed up for the Princess Half and so excited for my pink C2C!!!

CaliforniaGirl09 and I are planning to do this in 2019! Are you planning on the 4 at WDW, 4 at DL and the Disneyland Paris half?

Last edited:
Are you planning on the 4 at WDW, 4 at DL and the Disneyland Pari half?
The plan right now is the 4 at WDW and the 4 at DL. I am running Paris this year with DH so if I like it enough and am comfortable with traveling to Europe by myself than I might just add that one too.

Has anyone received a "Thanks for participating" email with a link to early register for 2018 Tink?

No and I've been waiting for it. Definitely doing the PDC next year and probably the 5K with my husband!

I don't think they've officially announced a registration date yet. with the issues going on with Light Side, and the delay in registration for that race, they may hold off on Tink.

I don't think they've officially announced a registration date yet. with the issues going on with Light Side, and the delay in registration for that race, they may hold off on Tink.

Registration date is supposed to be June 27th. Its on the runDisney 17-18 calendar.

Registration date is supposed to be June 27th. Its on the runDisney 17-18 calendar.
I assume you're talking about this one? If so, it's already out of date because Light Side registration didn't happen (except for the repeat runners). Right now the runDisney Tink page just says "Stay tuned for registration and event information for the 2018 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend." So I think it's possible that the date may get pushed back.
run-disney-2017-2018-calendar.jpg

It might get pushed back but it's not totally out of date. All other races have had registration start on time with the exception of Light Side.

I'm not looking to get into an argument about this...but yes, Princess and Dark Side had their registrations happen on time and everything before Light Side on that image is correct.

There is some indication that construction or something with permits from the city of Anaheim held up the formulation (for lack of a better term) of the Light Side course, so it's possible that the same thing could happen with Tink. Maybe they'll get it sorted out by then and have registration on time.

I'm not trying to troll or get anyone riled up, just saying that they may push it back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!