Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2016 Thread (Jan. 14-17, 2016)

MeridaAndAngus

If you had a chance to change your fate would you
I started planning for the Star Wars 2016 half weekend, and figured it was time to get an "official" 2016 thread going.

Who else is in? This will be DH's first rD race and our first race together - very excited!

I'm in for the challenge. No 5k this year, they're just too expensive now. Going down Fri sometime until Sun after the race. Booked a room at BW Park Place, but might move to Eden Roc.

I am planning on doing the half. I have already booked a room at BW Park Place. This will be my first half and am about to do an 8k :)

I'm planning on registering myself for the challenge and DD for the kids race. This will be her last year doing the kids race. I have a room booked at BW Stovalls but plan on actually staying at PPH if I can afford it. We'll probably drive down Thursday when DD gets out of school. Come home Monday! I hope its as much fun as it was last year!

We were going to do Avengers but decided against it. So if I can get people in, we're going to do this weekend as a family. DH and DS, the 5K definitely. For me, not sure. I'm so OUT of love with the Half distance, and with a delicate stomach I get really iffy about long races during vacations, but.... And I'm also semi-planning on a race, two, or even three for Princess with my cousin, so if I did that Half and I did this Half, well, obviously it's C2C.

Still very much in the air on this. :)

Thanks for starting the thread.

I'm tempted to do the 5K or 10K. But I keep telling myself I'm going to cut back on the runDisney events so I can branch out and do some others in SoCal that I really want to do. But I'm definitely considering it!

If I can get in, I'm going to go for the Rebel Challenge doing both the 10K and the 1/2. Looking forward to it!

My husband is for sure doing the Rebel Challenge. I'm deciding if I'm doing the Rebel or just the 10K or just the Half.

He wants to maintain legacy for this race. I need to decide if I want to do that as well.

i am planning to convince hubby for a Jan 2016 trip so I can do the challenge! I am doing Tink this mother's day weekend and know I will be hooked since it is my first disney run!
i have already booked a hotel room -- hope hubby will do the 5K, will register little one for kid race too -- i'd like to make star wars a true family event.

I'm planning on being there. Not sure yet if I'm going to try for the Challenge or stay with the 1/2 distance, but it will also be my first trip to Cali and DL, so definitely excited!

For anyone that did the inaugural race last year, do you remember if the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay was still up during that time in January? I'm contemplating having the family come with me on the trip since flights are reasonable and I know my kids would love to see that. I finally got to see it when I ran the Avengers 1/2 marathon and loved it.

For anyone that did the inaugural race last year, do you remember if the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay was still up during that time in January? I'm contemplating having the family come with me on the trip since flights are reasonable and I know my kids would love to see that. I finally got to see it when I ran the Avengers 1/2 marathon and loved it.

Haunted Mansion was down during last year's race to have the decorations removed.

Small World still had the Holiday Overlay Though. Pictures of it are in my trip report in my signature.

Haunted Mansion was down during last year's race to have the decorations removed.

Small World still had the Holiday Overlay Though. Pictures of it are in my trip report in my signature.

Yup HM was down to remove the overlay and it was like that for Tink the last 2 years also. And though Small World did have the Overlay on still inside the ride, by the day of the marathon they had covered the outside of the ride with tarps for the most part. This was not the case however the last two years at Tink. IASW overlay was still on the inside and the beautiful holiday lights were still on the outside with no tarps up.

I'm planning on the challenge plus the 5k with DS8. Haven't done any of the DL races yet so looking forward to this one. And DS is a huge SW fan so its a good fit. Very much in the middle of planning for SWW next month...cant wait! This will be the front end of my coast to coast with Princess.

I'll be at the Star Wars Celebration this weekend and I got an AP to DL in anticipation of the Star Wars 1/2 weekend so I've definitely got SW and DL fever!

This might be a stupid question but here goes......Is early registration for annual passholders limited to races at the park for which you have a pass??? As in - my annual pass at WDW doesn't allow me to register early for run disney events at DL????
TIA

This might be a stupid question but here goes......Is early registration for annual passholders limited to races at the park for which you have a pass??? As in - my annual pass at WDW doesn't allow me to register early for run disney events at DL????
TIA

If you have a WDW pass, you will still be able to attempt early registration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!