***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long can we expect to wait in line for Flight of Passage WITH a FP on a lower crowd level day (level 4)?

Ok, thank you! We have a FP for Everest right at opening at 9am so once that's used then I can just keep refreshing like a madwoman for the rest of the day then, I guess. There was nothing available for the day I'm going at ANY time to snag as one of my 1st 3... Today was my 30 day (I'm offsite).
It will be super hard to get a FP for FOP, it's just still super popular. This summer we stayed off site and wasn't able to get one. We waited 2+ hours in the line. It was worth it but I've never waited that long for any rides. It was tough.

How long can we expect to wait in line for Flight of Passage WITH a FP on a lower crowd level day (level 4)?
Usually about 15-20 minutes, including 2 preshows (under 5 min each). However, if a theater is down (or was earlier in the day), I have waited as long as 40 minutes. Also, once, we went through both preshows, then into the chamber, then they had technical issues and we had to go back in the line area and then go through both preshows again (ugh) before riding. But I'd say most times I've ridden it's been around 25 minutes total from stepping in line to getting off the ride.

If we want to see Pandora at night how much time should we plan to spend? would we have enough time to check things out between a 4:50 Tiffins reservation (ROL package) and an 8:45 ROL show.

If we want to see Pandora at night how much time should we plan to spend? would we have enough time to check things out between a 4:50 Tiffins reservation (ROL package) and an 8:45 ROL show.
That sounds like plenty of time!

Apologies if this has been discussed in this thread. Is going at closing still a good idea or does everyone now have that same idea?

Initially, I was anti rope drop after looking at the videos, the sea of people was giving me anxiety. That said, we have a group of 11 and will likely decide if we're willing to do RD the night before based on the kids, etc. If we don't RD, my plan was to try the closing thing or sadly skip FoP all together as the kids will likely combust in any line longer than an hour. Our one day at AK is 2/21, so I am expecting it to be busy as it's presidents week.

Apologies if this has been discussed in this thread. Is going at closing still a good idea or does everyone now have that same idea?

Initially, I was anti rope drop after looking at the videos, the sea of people was giving me anxiety. That said, we have a group of 11 and will likely decide if we're willing to do RD the night before based on the kids, etc. If we don't RD, my plan was to try the closing thing or sadly skip FoP all together as the kids will likely combust in any line longer than an hour. Our one day at AK is 2/21, so I am expecting it to be busy as it's presidents week.

We're going to AK that day for the afternoon/evening to see Pandora at night, RoL, etc., and also hoping the wait at closing won't be super long for Na'vi. We're starting the day at Epcot, it's only a quick 4 night trip so trying to fit a lot into each day.

We're going to AK that day for the afternoon/evening to see Pandora at night, RoL, etc., and also hoping the wait at closing won't be super long for Na'vi. We're starting the day at Epcot, it's only a quick 4 night trip so trying to fit a lot into each day.

I hear you! We've only got two park days (one day MK, one day AK) and I've never been to WDW before :sad: I feel like despite not wanting to wait forever, FoP is a must when I don't know when I'll be going back.

I hear you! We've only got two park days (one day MK, one day AK) and I've never been to WDW before :sad: I feel like despite not wanting to wait forever, FoP is a must when I don't know when I'll be going back.
Rope drop without a fastpass worked great twice for me this week. I went on a 9am opening, and on an 8am extra magic hour opening.
On both days they let us in about a half hour early. On the 9am opening I rode FOP and was finished at 9am. On the 8am opening day I finished the FOP ride at 8:10. That was today. As soon as I got off the ride I saw that the line had gotten so long and heard a cast member say that the wait was now three hours. And it was still before the park opened to everyone.
I also had a fast pass at noon and I got right on the ride with no wait. I've ridden it three times so far. It's fantastic, but I wouldn't stand in a line for three hours for any ride. I prefer to get out to the bus stop an hour and a half before park opening. It works like a charm. It was 29 degrees the first morning I tried this approach. It was quite a sight to see everyone bundled up for winter that morning, all braving the cold for a ride on a banshee!

Let's hope for the best! If the line is too long I'll skip it. my kid would be just as happy going for an ice cream. :lovestruc8-)

Checking almost daily for FoP fastpass. Tried 60 days out and nothing still. Gonna be there first week of March. Odds of getting fastpass for 2 people online?

Last edited:
Checking almost daily for fastpass. Tried 60 days out and nothing still. Gonna be there first week of March. Odds of getting fastpass for 2 people online?
We found fast passes for 3 people, 55 days in advance (after finding no availability 60 days in advance)....... I just kept checking several times a day since the 60 day mark and it suddenly popped up! I almost didn't believe it! Keep trying!!

We found fast passes for 3 people, 55 days in advance (after finding no availability 60 days in advance)....... I just kept checking several times a day since the 60 day mark and it suddenly popped up! I almost didn't believe it! Keep trying!!
Will do. Can you tell me what time of day you found the FP and when was the FP issued? Morning, afternoon etc? I heard to check at 10:30 everyday.

Will do. Can you tell me what time of day you found the FP and when was the FP issued? Morning, afternoon etc? I heard to check at 10:30 everyday.
The fast pass availability popped up about 9:30am. The fast pass time is 11:50am. I had checked a couple times around 9:15am and nothing... Tried again around 9:30am and there it was!

Rope drop without a fastpass worked great twice for me this week. I went on a 9am opening, and on an 8am extra magic hour opening.
On both days they let us in about a half hour early. On the 9am opening I rode FOP and was finished at 9am. On the 8am opening day I finished the FOP ride at 8:10. That was today. As soon as I got off the ride I saw that the line had gotten so long and heard a cast member say that the wait was now three hours. And it was still before the park opened to everyone.
I also had a fast pass at noon and I got right on the ride with no wait. I've ridden it three times so far. It's fantastic, but I wouldn't stand in a line for three hours for any ride. I prefer to get out to the bus stop an hour and a half before park opening. It works like a charm. It was 29 degrees the first morning I tried this approach. It was quite a sight to see everyone bundled up for winter that morning, all braving the cold for a ride on a banshee!

We have a party of 9 for next Thursday. It's EMH 8a-9a - how early should we arrive at Epcot to be able to get FOP and Navi? And which should we do first?

Checking almost daily for FoP fastpass. Tried 60 days out and nothing still. Gonna be there first week of March. Odds of getting fastpass for 2 people online?

I think it's possible, keep checking daily as you have. I have 11 people looking for 2/21 and last week two different times I got sets come up (one for 4 people, one for 2 people). I initially snagged them but freaked out about splitting our group up and messing up our fastpasses for the day, so I modified it back to the original plan. I've checked multiple times a day since then and haven't even had a single pop up. That said, I think you should keep checking as you have, it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts