***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got off, first FOP available was 8/31 3:30, grabbed it, after making other FPs, took a look, it was back to 6:45 PM on 8/31. Chance I'm not going to fit, so later availability was no big deal to me, going to check out Pandora on the 27th, can try test seat then (am riding NRJ on 27th).

My trip is in a few weeks so am starting to take a look at wait times. Looking at AK just before 8 and there was already an 80 minute wait for FOP so obviously they are rope dropping early. I watched that time climb over the next half hour, whereas Na'vi stayed around 10-15 min. Have those who have been noticed this to be typical?

My trip is in a few weeks so am starting to take a look at wait times. Looking at AK just before 8 and there was already an 80 minute wait for FOP so obviously they are rope dropping early. I watched that time climb over the next half hour, whereas Na'vi stayed around 10-15 min. Have those who have been noticed this to be typical?
Yes, this is typical

No FOP FP for us on our first AK day (2nd park day of trip). Was up and online to make them at 60 days yesterday as soon as it opened up.

Just got off, first FOP available was 8/31 3:30, grabbed it, after making other FPs, took a look, it was back to 6:45 PM on 8/31. Chance I'm not going to fit, so later availability was no big deal to me, going to check out Pandora on the 27th, can try test seat then (am riding NRJ on 27th).

Appreciate the FP+ updates because I'm making FP selections on Monday.

We are going for 5 days with hoppers, including 2 days for FPs at AK.

I need feedback on my current plan:
FP Navi on the first of the AK days
FP FoP for the second AK day, which is the last day of the trip (our last day, we have to leave AK by 2 pm, so hoping we can get a FP early enough).

To see the queue, I just added to our plans a morning EMH 8:00 - 9:00 am just for FoP, and then we'll hop to DHS. If we arrive to AK at 7:30, what time would be the earliest to start the FPs at DHS? 10:30 - 11:30? Should I assume that we'll be out of FoP by 9 am? I may purchase the express bus transport just for this day.

Thanks! If those times hold true I will be a very happy camper, especially if the rest of the park early ride times stay where they have been.

For those having trouble getting fop fp, I say keep checking. I originally fp Na'vi (at 62 days) and was bummed the earliest I could get was around 11:40 am. FOP were even later. After reading here and thinking more on it I decided to switch to FOP fp so either that night (62 days) or the next one I started checking and suddenly there was an 11:4Oam FOP. So it can happen. People revamp their days or change their mind.

FP FoP for the second AK day, which is the last day of the trip (our last day, we have to leave AK by 2 pm, so hoping we can get a FP early enough).

To see the queue, I just added to our plans a morning EMH 8:00 - 9:00 am just for FoP, and then we'll hop to DHS. If we arrive to AK at 7:30, what time would be the earliest to start the FPs at DHS? 10:30 - 11:30? Should I assume that we'll be out of FoP by 9 am? I may purchase the express bus transport just for this day.
For the 5th day I think you can get a FP for FoP anytime of the day you desire.

I would move my schedule up at least 30 min on your AK EMH morning, or move the HS plans out an hour. To give yourself a cushion. 7:30 is a tad too late really. You are behind the pack. Which is fine if you are ok spending an extra hour at AK. If you want to get done by 9:00 for sure, get to AK by 7:00.

60 days out for 7/2 there was only a 6pm slot after that checked again zilch
That's bizarre, as 7/2 was the first day I booked at exactly 60 days out and I had my pick of many times! Mind you, I didn't look at morning options at all, as I only wanted evening, but I had plenty of available times from 1pm on. Mine was a party of 2 - maybe that makes a difference? IDK.

For the 5th day I think you can get a FP for FoP anytime of the day you desire.

I would move my schedule up at least 30 min on your AK EMH morning, or move the HS plans out an hour. To give yourself a cushion. 7:30 is a tad too late really. You are behind the pack. Which is fine if you are ok spending an extra hour at AK. If you want to get done by 9:00 for sure, get to AK by 7:00.

I was going to say the same things. If you get to AK ~1 hour before opening then I think your plans would work, but at only 1/2 hour, you might be ok, but you could be looking at a 60+ min wait. Even with that if you literally just do FoP you would probably be able to make it to DHS before the end of that window (especially if you do have the express transportation) but I think to be safer I would try to be there a bit earlier

That's bizarre, as 7/2 was the first day I booked at exactly 60 days out and I had my pick of many times! Mind you, I didn't look at morning options at all, as I only wanted evening, but I had plenty of available times from 1pm on. Mine was a party of 2 - maybe that makes a difference? IDK.
One difference could be party size. A party of 2 will have way more choices than say a party of 6. Not knowing how many each group is looking for of course, just tossing out one possibility of the differences.

Then again, we are talking about Disney's Tech. There may well be no reason for it at all

This makes sense now. I was wondering what was going on as I was having difficulty getting normal FP for safari and Everest and was wondering if it was going to be more crowded than I thought. We are going for the first time in August to attend the Halloween party.

I wondered about bigger crowds, but I found so much FP availability for other parks except AK. We had an easier time getting FP for SDMT than safari. Plus, free dining has been offered the last week in August for some time, I believe. Last year it was for Visa cardholders 8/14/16 and everyone starting 8/23/16, which is almost the same as this year, so I don't see that having any impact. I've seen a lot of people getting FP for 2 days at AK where I don't think they would have typically done that before. And I agree with someone who said people are probably trying to get early FP for AK, so they can get Pandora done in the mornings and do something else in the afternoon. Perhaps the party would bring in a few more, but I think more people who can travel when most kids are starting school would be more likely to wait another week til F&W Festival begins.

I wondered about bigger crowds, but I found so much FP availability for other parks except AK. We had an easier time getting FP for SDMT than safari. Plus, free dining has been offered the last week in August for some time, I believe. Last year it was for Visa cardholders 8/14/16 and everyone starting 8/23/16, which is almost the same as this year, so I don't see that having any impact. I've seen a lot of people getting FP for 2 days at AK where I don't think they would have typically done that before. And I agree with someone who said people are probably trying to get early FP for AK, so they can get Pandora done in the mornings and do something else in the afternoon. Perhaps the party would bring in a few more, but I think more people who can travel when most kids are starting school would be more likely to wait another week til F&W Festival begins.
The number of people who will go to Disney to attend a Halloween party in August is quite small. I mean, the ones there may go, don't get me wrong (I bought tickets myself but we are going for my birthday) but I just don't see lots of folks looking at the schedule and saying "hey honey, Disney is doing a Halloween party in August, let's plan a trip". I mean, how many are thinking Halloween then?

Maybe, maybe not. We went in late July last year, and were shocked to have low crowds. Not low-high, but lower. Lower than I'd seen them since January 2009. So you never know...
We did too. Took DGD right before she went back to school (they go back first of August). We found it avg crowds so maybe my definition of low is different than others. Seemed just like our June trip this year and our July trip the year before.

No the later in August you go the less busy it gets. I don't think people have been real clear on exactly what day in their trip they've been finding FP. Saying they found them when they look when their window opens doesn't indicate much. Most people can find a FP at some point during their trip since most trips are more than 3 days. That's why it's very important to know how far in to the trip they are finding the FP.

I don't know about Orange County schools, but Polk county schools start early this year, August 10th. So weekdays should start thinning out then.

I don't know about Orange County schools, but Polk county schools start early this year, August 10th. So weekdays should start thinning out then.

Wow! That's early. We don't go back til after Labor Day (actually, the Thurs after Labor Day.) We've noticed for us, the last week of Aug is a great week to travel. We've done things locally the last couple years too, like Omaha and Chicago where local kids have all gone back to school, and during the week things are just dead!

Wow! That's early. We don't go back til after Labor Day (actually, the Thurs after Labor Day.) We've noticed for us, the last week of Aug is a great week to travel. We've done things locally the last couple years too, like Omaha and Chicago where local kids have all gone back to school, and during the week things are just dead!
We'll have already been at school a week by the 10th. Granted, we've been out since a week before Memorial Day too. So it all comes out in the wash.

Yikes, guess we wont be able to get it. I can't book our FP+ until July 2nd for labor day weekend. :(

I am losing hope for any FP at 30 days for my August trip. Fingers crossed my kids will agree to brave RD.

I really don't want to miss out on FOP since this may be our only trip. But the rest of my family may not care as much.

I've been watching this thread as closely as life will allow me to, but I'm hoping you all can help me figure out our Pandora plan. We want to go to AK, primarily for FOP but also to just experience the whole area, on the mornings of Sunday, July 9 and Tuesday, July 11. Both days are 9:00 a.m. opening, with no morning EMH. How early do you think we would need to arrive in order to get on FOP while the standby wait is still less than say 45 minutes? I keep seeing advice for EMH mornings but don't have a handle on how to approach non-EMH mornings.

Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter