***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
About FOP --

For those who have done it, tell me -- how intense is this ride? Wondering if we should get a FP for my 70 year old mother -- no body size issues, just someone who does not love simulators/rocky motion/motion sensitivity. She is great with something smooth like Soarin, but Star Tours is awful for her (and me.)

When you kept checking back did you make a fast pass for something else and then try to modify it to FOP? I've done the constant search for dining reservations but never for Fast Passes.
When I first checked and there were no FOP, I booked my 2 tier 2 FP's and left my 3rd FP open. So when FOP became available I didn't have to modify anything, just add it.

About FOP --

For those who have done it, tell me -- how intense is this ride? Wondering if we should get a FP for my 70 year old mother -- no body size issues, just someone who does not love simulators/rocky motion/motion sensitivity. She is great with something smooth like Soarin, but Star Tours is awful for her (and me.)
Go for it. Super smooth ride and it doesn't feel like any other simulator rides I have ever been on. Not anything like ST.

When I first checked and there were no FOP, I booked my 2 tier 2 FP's and left my 3rd FP open. So when FOP became available I didn't have to modify anything, just add it.
Hmm right now I have three booked. Do you think my chances of getting something from modifying will go down and I should cancel one of them?

Hmm right now I have three booked. Do you think my chances of getting something from modifying will go down and I should cancel one of them?
Just keep modifying. You don't want to cancel anything. It won't change your chances of getting one.

Maybe try canceling one of your least wanted FP's and check for FOP. If it's still not available then add the one you cancelled back. I purposely left my 3rd FP open so I wouldn't have to modify.

Go for it. Super smooth ride and it doesn't feel like any other simulator rides I have ever been on. Not anything like ST.
Thank you. This is good to know. I was wondering if it was more Star Tours or more Soarin. I feel more confident trying for the FP now.

When I went in May a couple weeks before they released a ton of Frozen fast passes, think that could happen for FOP or picking up a cancelled one is my best bet? Do people actually cancel these things?

When I went in May a couple weeks before they released a ton of Frozen fast passes, think that could happen for FOP or picking up a cancelled one is my best bet? Do people actually cancel these things?
That was a one time thing with FEA. Not something that happens normally at all. And not to be counted on for certain.

About FOP --

Thank you. This is good to know. I was wondering if it was more Star Tours or more Soarin. I feel more confident trying for the FP now.

Just keep in mind that the seat is like a motorcycle and must be straddled. Watch the videos re loading that are linked in the first post of this spread. Will your mother be comfortable with that? FoP to me is like a very smooth Star Tours and more intense Soarin'.

BTW DH & I are 67 and love it!

Dont know if this has been posted yet but another amazing video posted on Youtube with 180 degree views of FOP during the ride.

This video is the first video I have seen that pretty much shows exactly how the ride works.

It is pretty amazing.

180 degree view of FOP

I can begin my fast passes in a couple of months. I hear it's really hard to get a fast pass for flight of passage (pandora) Is this true?

I can begin my fast passes in a couple of months. I hear it's really hard to get a fast pass for flight of passage (pandora) Is this true?

It's definitely the FP+ of the moment and it "sells out" fast. My best advice is, when your FP+ window opens, book them for your AK day first! You stand a better chance of getting a coveted FOP FP+ the later in your trip!

About FOP --

FoP is a very smooth ride. The ride vehicles are attached to the floor and the entire floor tilts to match the movement of the film. But if your mother has any problems with motion sickness then she might want to check some videos of the ride to see if she could handle it. The ride has you flying very fast down waterfalls, through the forest, etc. It is a very intense few minutes and it was a little too much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter