***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have wait times been like for NRJ at park opening. Say arrival to park at 9:30am when it has a 9am opening?

Based on the wait time tracking that has been done on this thread, that seems to be about the worst time to get in line as the waits spike shortly after opening as everyone heads there

Now things keep evolving so we don't know if this will continue but it seemed like unless you were towards the front of the rope drop line it was better to wait until like mid/late afternoon

What have wait times been like for NRJ at park opening. Say arrival to park at 9:30am when it has a 9am opening?

Based on the wait time tracking that has been done on this thread, that seems to be about the worst time to get in line as the waits spike shortly after opening as everyone heads there

Now things keep evolving so we don't know if this will continue but it seemed like unless you were towards the front of the rope drop line it was better to wait until like mid/late afternoon

::yes::

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...rmation-thread.3587311/page-355#post-57726337

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...rmation-thread.3587311/page-355#post-57726423

We visited AK and Pandora on Tuesday the 13th. We arrived at the park in the afternoon and had no problems with parking. Our FP+ for FoP was for 4:15 and we essentially walked right on with it. There was no line to get into Pandora, and we entered from Africa. I was in spot 16 for the first ride. While FoP is well done and a fun ride, I really feel like it's overhyped. It's a motion simulator with a wrap around screen, set in a theatre with atypical seats. The talk about the seats is overblown, IMO. It's like straddling a bicycle, but you don't actually go anywhere. A screen opens and you're shown a very beautiful, immersive movie, with lots of wind blowing in your face, smells piped in, and an occasional spray of water. Very fun ride, but not particularly innovative beyond the seat.

We left Pandora after riding and had dinner at Tiffins, then did the safari and EE a couple of times before returning to Pandora. My family wanted to ride FoP a second time, so we braved the 125 minute posted wait time and got in line around 10:25 pm. They were not closing the SB line to non-resort guests when we got in line. The ride went down for 20ish minutes while we were in the cave, but we ended up back outside by midnight, so even with the stoppage we only waited about 90 minutes, much lower than the posted wait time. That second time, I think I was in seat 11 and I noticed no difference in the movie experience from when I was in 16.

After we rode FoP, we noticed the River ride had a 15 minute posted wait. It was NOT 15 minutes...we walked right on, had a boat to ourselves, and the CM told us we could stay on for a re-ride if we wanted to. It's a very beautiful ride, but it's pretty uneventful. No small drops like on Pirates, and very short. My son said it reminds him of the Donald boat ride in Epcot (in the Mexican pavilion) and that is more accurate than comparing it to Pirates, IMO. Very nice, but not worth a long wait.

Overall, Pandora didn't really wow me. I walked away thinking it was a neat addition to the park, but after reading all the hype on here I was underwhelmed. I think that avid Disneyphiles will love it and the general public is pretty agnostic about it. It was a big topic of conversation in the hot tub at the resort, and no one we talked to was overly impressed.

I did see wait times until 1:00 am last night on other rides beside Pandora. Were they open or was the app wrong?
Sounds like your app wasn't refreshing. I was looking at wait times after 11:00 last night since I was in line for FOP at that time and wanted to make sure the wait time wasn't going up from the stated 120 minutes. Only FOP and NRJ were showing wait times on the app since they were the only rides open.

If one were to buy a banshee early in the morning and then take it out and leave it in the car all day while you tour the parks, would it survive un-damaged? Not sure what they're made of but looks like soft rubber.
Is this store not participating in package pickup? Just send it to front of park for pick up on way out.

If one were to buy a banshee early in the morning and then take it out and leave it in the car all day while you tour the parks, would it survive un-damaged? Not sure what they're made of but looks like soft rubber.

You can likely send it to the front of the park for later pick up. Usually those items are available about 3-4 hours after you send them to the front.

But there's no reason to think it wouldn't be fine in the car unless you're leaving it out on the dashboard. All of these Disney items they sell have came delivered in an hot truck. The heat will be fine

We visited AK and Pandora on Tuesday the 13th. We arrived at the park in the afternoon and had no problems with parking. Our FP+ for FoP was for 4:15 and we essentially walked right on with it. There was no line to get into Pandora, and we entered from Africa. I was in spot 16 for the first ride. While FoP is well done and a fun ride, I really feel like it's overhyped. It's a motion simulator with a wrap around screen, set in a theatre with atypical seats. The talk about the seats is overblown, IMO. It's like straddling a bicycle, but you don't actually go anywhere. A screen opens and you're shown a very beautiful, immersive movie, with lots of wind blowing in your face, smells piped in, and an occasional spray of water. Very fun ride, but not particularly innovative beyond the seat.

Agreed. I'm glad I experienced it once and I didn't mind waiting 2 hours in line the first time just to look at all the amazing detail in the cue, but I would never wait more than 30mins to do this ride again. It a very pretty movie but at the end of the day it's just a motion sim with a bit more movement and fancier seats. I much prefer traditional rides and it's pretty disappointing that motion sim seems to the be the way attractions are going these days.

I finally made it to to Animal Kingdom today to check out Pandora. I had a FP for FoP and right as the ride was about to start we got evacuated. On the plus side they gave us two FP's to use on any attractions, so we got to ride the River Journey too. Nice ride, but felt bad for those people waiting 2 hours for it today. We went back and used our second FP for FoP and actually made it on this time! It's definitely a great ride and will be a must do going forward. That guy in the preshow video is horrible though. Unfortunately, it was sad to see that some of the seats were already broken. All in all Pandora is a great addition to AK. I wish it wasn't so hot today and I had more time so I could explore more.

Thanks for the info - so it looks like AK EMH in August will begin at 8 AM. If I get there around 7:00 or 7:15 would your guess be that would be OK? We're not getting a car this time around so I also want to know how early I'll be able to get a bus from the Boardwalk for that 8 o'clock opening? Otherwise I can just take an Uber. Thanks!

What are the experiences of those who have ridden Flight of Passage during evening EMH? How long is the line? Could you do both FOP and the River Journey during EMH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!