OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

Okay, we will get our tickets purchased ASAP! I tried to use Touring Plans, but it seems they only have multi-day options. We are only wanting to go to MNSSHP and one day at Epcot for F&W. Kinda why we have been postponing purchasing tickets.
I didn't realize you were only looking for one-day tickets... Disney is very stingy with discounts on those. I think the best way is to go through Disney directly; Shades of Green has a slight discount (if you're eligible to buy from them), and they're the only discounted one-day, one-park tickets I'm aware of.

I didn't realize you were only looking for one-day tickets... Disney is very stingy with discounts on those. I think the best way is to go through Disney directly; Shades of Green has a slight discount (if you're eligible to buy from them), and they're the only discounted one-day, one-park tickets I'm aware of.

Yea, I did some research last night with my discounts from work. They seem to be really good discounts, but for multiple days. I appreciate the help though!!! We still have about 2 weeks to purchase our tickets, so I am not worrying about fastpasses yet. lol

Your Cart turned out great!! Could make $$$ making them around the beach areas. Your Motor Home is beautiful, & Mickey ears will look great on the door. Do you have a Mickey Lamp?

Thanks!

I do not have a mickey lamp :(

We leave Friday for Destin!! I can't wait, really looking forward to relaxing on the beach. Hope our forecast clears up, lots of rain in the forecast right now.

73 days to Disney!!!!

Last edited:

Your Cart turned out great!! Could make $$$ making them around the beach areas. Your Motor Home is beautiful, & Mickey ears will look great on the door. Do you have a Mickey Lamp?

Is the Mickey Lamp something you can purchase or is it something you can make? I would love to have one!

we will be there 9/30 to 10/09 looking forward to getting away and visiting all the magical things to do at Disney...I am still up in the air about MNSSHP for myself but the rest of that family is all in...so to go or sit back and enjoy the campground... hmmm decisions...decisions...

We'll be there from October 27 through November 17. We like to stay in the 1700 loop and we always rent a golf cart from Kenny @ Tee Time. My kids love TOT at the Fort and I love being able to bring both Halloween and Christmas decorations! We're coming from TX, just south of Dallas. We have 9 day passes and have our 3 ADR's all set for dinner at O'Hana, dinner at 1900 Park Fare, and lunch at Whispering Canyon. We've got 5 kids who will be ages 5-14 while we're there. We do Disney every other fall and just love the Fort. I'm not normally on the boards here until a few months before a trip to catch up on what's new in the World and at the Fort.

Just ate at Another Broken Egg Cafe in Destin and had the lobster and brie omelet = O.M.G.

they also have bottomless mimosas so now I'm back in the camper trying to convince dd4 that a nap is a good idea while dd8 snd dh are gone doing their snuba dive.

20170801_094748-2656x1494.jpg

ruthies12, I love the pictures! How did the cart work out that U made?

The cart was a colossal failure! It was soooo hard to push on the sand, it just sank and the wheels didn't want to turn. We ended up just using it to pull behind the bike and then transferring everything to a store bought beach cart once we got to the beach.

It was really, really difficult to pull behind the bike too though, it was too heavy and not balanced right. All week long I was berating myself for how out of shape I was while riding the bike to and from the beach, until the last night when we went down without all the stuff and riding the bike was so much easier I couldn't believe it and then I realized it wasn't me being out of shape, it was pulling that dang cart that made it so hard!

I brought all of it back home but I think I'm scrapping it. Next year we'll use the regular old bike cart that we have and transfer to a beach cart when we get there. It would be nice to have one cart that would do both, but it ain't looking like it's happening

they also have bottomless mimosas so now I'm back in the camper trying to convince dd4 that a nap is a good idea.

Hmmm. I'm familiar with that line of reasoning. :drinking1

Topsail pictures look nice. Very hard to reserve IIRC. But those pictures make me want to try again.

Bama Ed

Topsail pictures look nice. Very hard to reserve IIRC. But those pictures make me want to try again.
We got lucky and found a site for Labor Day weekend at Topsail. We have never been, but have heard it's nice and Ruthies pictures seem to confirm that (thanks). We will be taking our new travel trailer; only had it 3 weeks now and this will be the longest trip yet. We're taking it to The Fort for the first time in early October (60 days from today).

dalir,

Congrats on the new camper. I won't ask how you snagged Topsail for Labor Day. Last Fall I was just playing around on the reservation site at the 11 month window and couldn't find anything. Nice job.

As nice as Topsail is (I've driven through when staying in Destin), the Fort is MUCH nicer... Except for the no ocean part. :-)

Sounds like you are going to have a great September and October with the new RV.

j

Made our FP selections this morning! We are headed to MNSSHP on Oct 9 and I scored 2 FP for the 4-7 time period. We really want to ride 7DMT, and unfortunately, there was only 1 time available, 5:10-6:10, so only 1 other FP would work. The other one we got was for PP from 4:05-5:05. Hopefully we can get some Pixie Dust and score 1 other FP after we ride 7DMT, as long as we get there early, so it's before 6!

Our other park day is Epcot on Oct 11. We plan to rope drop Soarin, so we got FP for SE, TT, and Turtle Talk. We want to try to get everything in Future World done early, so we can spend the majority of the day in World Showcase since, let's be honest, we are only going for the food. And wine. :rotfl2:

60 more days!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!