OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

I worked yesterday with a new (old) to me tent, putting it up and taking it down. I'm very used to working with my backpacking tent---it's a breeze! But this tent is much bigger, and more comfortable, so I am trying to figure out if there are any timesavers or short cuts that I could use. It still needs to be seam-sealed and sprayed over again on the fly, but should be weather ready by the time I leave for the Fort.

Very nice!

Do you have to take it apart to get it out the door? :D Probably should put the umbrellas down though.

j

Lol yes I'll have to take it apart to get it out the door and into the rv. The top is glued, and the bottom is glued, but the side poles are not glued so I can make it fold flat. I can actually put the umbrellas into multiple different positions depending on sun and each pole that the umbrellas go in have a hole drilled so I have them locked in place with a locking pin so they can't take flight in the wind. I'll let you all know how it does when we actually use it in destin in 18 days!

Our first full day at Disney we are going to MK and my girls are wearing princess dresses (snow white), getting makeovers at BBB, then we have lunch in the castle. I'm wearing a shirt that says "My daughters may be princesses but I'm the queen" and has a pic of the evil queen from snow white on it. I decided I needed a new crown for the occasion and found this beauty on amazon. It is being modeled for your viewing pleasure by the lovely Miss Daisy because she's prettier than I am lol
20170713_083101-1494x2656.jpg

Our first full day at Disney we are going to MK and my girls are wearing princess dresses (snow white), getting makeovers at BBB, then we have lunch in the castle. I'm wearing a shirt that says "My daughters may be princesses but I'm the queen" and has a pic of the evil queen from snow white on it. I decided I needed a new crown for the occasion and found this beauty on amazon. It is being modeled for your viewing pleasure by the lovely Miss Daisy because she's prettier than I am lol
View attachment 252305

Awww, such a cute St Bernard. We had one before and he was a good dog, just they drool on everything, including the ceiling.

We call that "visible love!"
Oh... well then I get LOTS of "Visible Love" from my 130# Yellow Lab.

Not so much ceiling, but cabinets, floors, clothes, furniture, etc.... It more than triples if you have food and he thinks he might get some of it.

Not so much ceiling, but cabinets, floors, clothes, furniture, etc.... It more than triples if you have food and he thinks he might get some of it.

LOL that is a BIG lab! That is how much my saint weighs- 130 pounds!

Under 100 days now (90 days to be exact). Will be finishing our workamping jobs at a campground in PA in mid September. We will then head to MD for a while to be near our kids and grandkids. Should be heading to Florida Oct 12th. Can hardly wait to be back at the Fort on October 14th!
2016-09-29 14.34.58.jpg

Site 1724 last September

K peeps, I've been very busy getting ready. Just finished making my mickey light in halloween colors for decor on the camper.

Had a moment of panic today cause I realized my 60 day mark actually occurs our last day in destin instead of our first day back home. Already informed dh we will not be breaking camp and heading home at 6 am as usual, I will not risk having no phone signal at 7 to book my fp. So we will instead plan on leaving at 730 after I've finished booking. He shouldn't complain, he gets to sleep another hour....

20170713_204658-1494x2656.jpg

lol, love that picture ruthies12! We get that love too from our 175 lb. mastiff!
Joining in, and trying to decide if we will bring her to the Fort in October...she'll be almost 9, and we've noticed she is not as excited to go camping as she used to be...but afraid she would miss us too much if we left her...haven't decided yet.:confused3

K peeps, I've been very busy getting ready. Just finished making my mickey light in halloween colors for decor on the camper

I love your Mickey light!!! I need to figure out some decorations for our campsite! We are tent camping for the first time, and I was thinking maybe some string lights along our rain fly. Not sure if it's safe or not though.

We are tent camping for the first time, and I was thinking maybe some string lights along our rain fly. Not sure if it's safe or not though

We hang string lights on the inside and around the rain fly of our tent and is perfectly safe. We leave the ones on the rain fly on all night to give us a little light for those late night runs to the CS. We use blue string lights on the fly and the clear on inside.

We hang string lights on the inside and around the rain fly of our tent and is perfectly safe. We leave the ones on the rain fly on all night to give us a little light for those late night runs to the CS. We use blue string lights on the fly and the clear on inside.
To be clear... LED and the MINI Christmas lights should be used as they don't (typically) get warm enough to be an issue. Also they should be intended for outdoor use as well.

To be clear... LED and the MINI Christmas lights should be used as they don't (typically) get warm enough to be an issue. Also they should be intended for outdoor use as well.

This is GREAT advice! I think we are going to try to find some orange ones for the outside, and then some clear ones for inside. My list just keeps getting longer! HAHA. But it's okay, because in the end, we will be at DISNEY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter