*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

I keep forgetting to post here! DH, DS16, DS13 and I will be at SSR 11/17-22 and CSR 11/22-26 (until I change something lol). This will be our 3rd Thanksgiving spent in WDW, we love it! DH and I also have a short trip in Sept. to look forward to but I can't wait for our longer Nov. trip. Have some ADR's done like BOG dinner and Boma for T-day but have to work on more. Looking forward to planning with you guys :)

I keep forgetting to post here! DH, DS16, DS13 and I will be at SSR 11/17-22 and CSR 11/22-26 (until I change something lol). This will be our 3rd Thanksgiving spent in WDW, we love it! DH and I also have a short trip in Sept. to look forward to but I can't wait for our longer Nov. trip. Have some ADR's done like BOG dinner and Boma for T-day but have to work on more. Looking forward to planning with you guys :)
Hi Ariane! I’m glad to see you are planning yet another Turkey day trip! We’ll be arriving in Orlando the Tuesday after thanksgiving, and heading to Universal and Seaworld. We will be checking into Disney Dec 1st.

Stayed up all night back in April for FD, was worth it!! We are headed down for our first ever thanksgiving trip! Doing a split stay, Yacht Club 11/22/18 to 11/24/18, then checking into our package at Caribbean Beach 11/24/18 to 12/1/18. Crossing fingers that Centertown/dining options are closer to finished when we get there!!

Stayed up all night back in April for FD, was worth it!! We are headed down for our first ever thanksgiving trip! Doing a split stay, Yacht Club 11/22/18 to 11/24/18, then checking into our package at Caribbean Beach 11/24/18 to 12/1/18. Crossing fingers that Centertown/dining options are closer to finished when we get there!!

Welcome both of you!! You've been added to the roll call!!

DH, DD(19) and I are going to WDW to see our other DD(20), who's in the college internship program. We'll be there Nov 11-17, staying at ASMo (probably) unless we can get a great deal on another resort with DD's CM discount.

DH, DD(19) and I are going to WDW to see our other DD(20), who's in the college internship program. We'll be there Nov 11-17, staying at ASMo (probably) unless we can get a great deal on another resort with DD's CM discount.

Welcome to the roll call!

Hi Ariane! I’m glad to see you are planning yet another Turkey day trip! We’ll be arriving in Orlando the Tuesday after thanksgiving, and heading to Universal and Seaworld. We will be checking into Disney Dec 1st.
Hi there, and thank you! We love those Thanksgiving trips, can't wait :goodvibes Your trip sounds awesome with Uni and SeaWorld thrown in, haven't been to SW in years but I was at Uni in Feb. Pretty sure we're going to do one day there in Nov. and possibly try to see Blue Man Group! Are you staying at a Unjversal resort at all?

Mousekeeping!
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know that post #1 has been updated with Candlelight Processional information, which was released yesterday. Check it out if you want to know more about the CP!

Mousekeeping!
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know that post #1 has been updated with Candlelight Processional information, which was released yesterday. Check it out if you want to know more about the CP!

Thank you so much!

Mousekeeping!
Thanks! Now that the partial list is out we have set our CP date for 12/3 so we can see Neil Patrick Harris. I am so excited!!:cheer2:

I read today that the Christmas Parade filming will be 30 Nov and 1 Dec. How much does it effect the parks? What should I expect? We are planning on Epcot on the 30th and MK on the 1st. Thanks!

Looking forward to our stay at BLT 11/16-11/24. We are a big group staying in 3 Villas. It will be about 3 years since we visited DW. Much to celebrate as my brother-in-law is now cancer free! Perfect place to celebrate with family!

Welcome to the roll call!!

I read today that the Christmas Parade filming will be 30 Nov and 1 Dec. How much does it effect the parks? What should I expect? We are planning on Epcot on the 30th and MK on the 1st. Thanks!
Where did you read this? We’re there that week and I thought they taped early November...I’d like to read more about it (and avoid the parks it’ll be happening in if I can).

I think we need a source for this. Everything I see is from 2017 that says that Disney changed their filming schedule, with the parade only from California and the singers etc from Florida...all during early November, like the week of Nov. 3. Still, those announcements weren't made until October anyway. I presume it would be the same this year. The holiday specials that they air are now split into two parts, also, with the first part airing on Thanksgiving and the second part airing on Christmas, so, clearly they would have to wrap prior to Thanksgiving.

We unknowingly went to MK back on our mid November 2015 trip the day they were filming the performances. It definitely made navigating the park tricky, once we realized what was going on, we had to avoid the hub area most of the day. But beyond that, I don’t recall wait times being through the roof or the park being much more busy than normal. I feel like the majority of the guests, like us, probably didn’t even realize it was scheduled for that day. And the ones who did know, were at the castle watching the show! And that does sound late for filming, we were there around veteran’s day, 11/11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter