*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

I booked through SIlver airways. Not sure about them since they are fairly new, but they are the newest nonstop flight from my tiny town. Saves me having to drive 3 hours to Nashville.

I've flown Silver from Pensacola to Orlando. Tiny planes and pretty loud, but ok I guess...except that one time ME got me to my flight late and they wouldn't let me check a bag or board an hour before my flight because they were overweight. But at least it paid for my next flight after that disastrous one! LOL!

Spirit just released their fares through November 3. Southwest releases tomorrow.

I checked Spirit for 11/2 which is the day we have to fly out. Out of Atlantic City it's $312 for a morning non stop flight. Our of Philadelphia it's $257 for a morning non stop flight. Out of Baltimore $58. I'm going to wait to see what Southwest has tomorrow and decide then. Looks like we may be making the 2 hour drive to Baltimore. If the difference were smaller I would pay the extra and fly out of Philadelphia but that's a huge savings. Didn't think it would be worth flying out of Baltimore for just two people. I thought wrong!!!!

Jersey Week really drives up the prices!

I drive two hours to Baltimore because the prices are so much better and even with my commute there I get to Orlando faster with a nonstop flight. Just works best for me. I've flown to both Orlando and L.A. out of BWI.

So glad I found this thread!

We recently booked a WDW trip for Nov. 10th - 17th. We were there in 2016, but with Pandora and soon TSL opening, there will be some new things to discover! We are going to be staying at POP Century this time around.

It's a trip for firsts. We have never stayed in November before, never been to POP, and never gone to MVMCP before. Any tips on those subjects plus crowd of temperature outlooks is appreciated! My family (husband and daughter who will be 7) loves Christmas and after enjoying the Halloween party during our last stay, I knew that I wanted to see Disney World at Christmas time.

I bought our tickets on Southwest out of Philadelphia for $156 each. Same flight on Southwest out of Baltimore was $143. It's a bit more than I wanted to pay but I'm ok with it. I figured if I got the $58 flight on Spirit out of Baltimore I would still have to pay the $9 fare club at $60, pay for our bags at $50, drive and pay tolls at about $25 and then get a hotel for the night at $80 so I wouldn't be saving anything. If the four of us were flying it would be worth it to go out of Baltimore but not for just two people. I'm also a bit nervous to fly Spirit. I've heard way too many horror stories.

Once flights are out for the rest of November I will either fly back home into Philly or Baltimore. My SO can pick me up in Baltimore since we are flying in on a Sunday. I was hesitant to fly out of Baltimore to MCO before seeing prices for return flights. I would hate to have my car in Baltimore and the flights be the same price or cheaper flying back into Philly. If I fly out of Baltimore to MCO I would have to fly back home into Baltimore.

It's a 6 am flight so we land at 8:25 am. My plan is to hit the MK, go back to the room for a nap in the afternoon some time and then hit the MK in the evening again. I will change my request at POFQ to "first available room" so we can nap in the afternoon.

Last edited:

I bought the flight within minutes of them being released. That same flight is now $369 per person!!!! So glad I jumped on it!

@Newsies :) I didn’t see my trip on the roll call but wanted to make sure I get to be part of the fun over here!
OKW 11/22/18-12/2/18 can’t wait!!! :jumping1:

We recently booked a WDW trip for Nov. 10th - 17th. We were there in 2016, but with Pandora and soon TSL opening, there will be some new things to discover! We are going to be staying at POP Century this time around.

It's a trip for firsts. We have never stayed in November before, never been to POP, and never gone to MVMCP before. Any tips on those subjects plus crowd of temperature outlooks is appreciated! My family (husband and daughter who will be 7) loves Christmas and after enjoying the Halloween party during our last stay, I knew that I wanted to see Disney World at Christmas time.

Oops! Sorry about that, kangamangus :blush:

Welcome both of you to the roll call!

Mousekeeping!
Hey all!

This is a "mousekeeping" post of sorts, just to check-in with you all since I haven't been around a whole lot. For those of you who don't know, I'm a full-time college student with a part-time job on campus and a very active role in my sorority, so I've been kept busy this semester so far. Right now I'm home for spring break with my family in NJ. We were hit with a massive snowstorm yesterday, so the power has been out for about 20 hours now ( :sad2: ), but I've got my laptop hooked up to my phone's Hot Spot for a little bit. So I have a little time to talk and touch base with you all!

First of all, we are now 61 November party-goers strong! That's amazing! Welcome, welcome again everyone! party:

I've been sort of "objective" in the planning realm of this thread so far. But for those of you who haven't planned a Novemeber trip before, we're approaching the time where Disney starts releasing information for the Halloween and Christmas season (Woop woop, MVMCP details coming up in a month!! :woohoo:). I will absolutely keep you updated when dates for special events. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Candlelight Processional packages were released in June last year? Late March-Late June tends to be the period of time where Disney releases most of their winter park plans, so we're coming up on a busy time period! I promise to be more active here as this semester begins to slowly calm down.

I'm not a RUNDisney person, but if I'm not wrong, there are a few of us in this thread planning on running a Disney race in November! I believe it's the Wine & Dine Half. If there are any "official" threads for the W&DH, please feel free to link me to it so I can add it to the top of the original thread!

That's all I have right now. Happy planning! We're only 8 months out!

anigif_enhanced-4873-1413322871-19.gif

-Kaitlyn

I bought the flight within minutes of them being released. That same flight is now $369 per person!!!! So glad I jumped on it!
Keep an eye on the prices, literally all the way up until you leave. SW doesn't charge change fees and if you're flight comes up cheaper you can get the price difference. They won't let you know that the price has dropped but if you catch it, you can get the difference put into travel vouchers for future flights. I changed and/or got a better rate at least 10 times last year.

Keep an eye on the prices, literally all the way up until you leave. SW doesn't charge change fees and if you're flight comes up cheaper you can get the price difference. They won't let you know that the price has dropped but if you catch it, you can get the difference put into travel vouchers for future flights. I changed and/or got a better rate at least 10 times last year.

Yup that's my plan! It just dropped again to $201. I've saved every time I've booked through SWA.

We did our first MVMCP last year(with our DD7)and I would suggest making the early part of the day a resort or half park day, resting up for a couple hours and then going back for the party. We went to MK ALL DAY and stayed for the party. Our DD7 is extremely energetic and loved every minute of it with no meltdowns or even the slightest hint of crankiness but our friends DD7 doesn't have quite the same energy level or stamina and, while she didn't have any major meltdowns, definitely showed signs of wear and tear in the afternoon and towards the end of the night.

It all depends on your child's demeanor/stamina/etc. but if we do the MVMCP again this year, I think we will only go to party like right when they first start letting people in.

Yup that's my plan! It just dropped again to $201. I've saved every time I've booked through SWA.

I literally checked the SW app on my phone like 4, 5, sometimes 6 times a day, lol. It really paid off. We originally booked for roughly $170 round trip per person and ended up being $68 down/$25 back!!!! It's crazy how airline prices fluctuate from day to day and, seriously, hour to hour.

My plan for MVMCP is to sleep in, pool time and then hit the park at 4 pm. It'll be our very first time. We are super excited.

I literally checked the SW app on my phone like 4, 5, sometimes 6 times a day, lol. It really paid off. We originally booked for roughly $170 round trip per person and ended up being $68 down/$25 back!!!! It's crazy how airline prices fluctuate from day to day and, seriously, hour to hour.

My return home is 11/11. Those dates are being released May 31. I'm hoping I can get a change credit before that and use it on my return flights!

I bought our tickets on Southwest out of Philadelphia for $156 each. Same flight on Southwest out of Baltimore was $143. It's a bit more than I wanted to pay but I'm ok with it. I figured if I got the $58 flight on Spirit out of Baltimore I would still have to pay the $9 fare club at $60, pay for our bags at $50, drive and pay tolls at about $25 and then get a hotel for the night at $80 so I wouldn't be saving anything. If the four of us were flying it would be worth it to go out of Baltimore but not for just two people. I'm also a bit nervous to fly Spirit. I've heard way too many horror stories.

I checked prices this morning as well and the $143 for opening day from BWI to MCO was about $50+ more than I paid last year! Roundtrip out of Harrisburg is sitting at $388 right now so I guess SW out of BWI is better, but man it kills me to drive that far and not save money doing it. But the biggest perk is to fly direct and I'd have to connect so it's actually less travel time by driving to BWI. I don't know. I didn't buy today like I did last year. It's up to $176 now. I think I might just play the Southwest stalking game.

We're taking our first November trip this year! We have a large group (18) at SOG from 11/23-12/1. This is our 4th trip and I can't wait to start planning!

Hi! Add me to the WDW November 2018 travelers list! I'm still debating number of days and resorts. I was originally torn between waiting for the F&W schedule to come out and trying to go the last week of F&W, but think I'd rather go the week before Thanksgiving and do MVMCP instead. Such tough choices!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts