OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

How are people feeling about crowd levels Nov 12-18?

It's supposed to be "lower" according to crowd calendars but I am getting nervous based on lack of ADR availability and also hotel occupancy...

Thoughts?
We are there from November 9-17 and I think the 9-12 or 13th might be busy but I think the 14-17 should still (hopefully) be lighter crowds. The only day we had trouble getting the ADR we wanted was on November 10th but the rest seemed easy to get and my kids picked harder ones like 'Ohana, CRT and BOG. :) I think you picked a good time to go!

I'm super happy with all of my FP times except 7DMT, which is on day 2 of my trip. I wanted one in mid-morning or early afternoon but I couldn't get one until 3:25. I'm 51 days out and I can't stop myself from checking every day for a new time, even though all FP have been issued! I'm really ridiculous, to be honest - talk about a first world problem. I do wonder, though, as I get closer to the date... do you think other people will cancel within the few days before we leave so some will open back up at an earlier time? Have any of you had good luck in shifting times on FP that were previously not available?
I wasn't able to get fp's for 7DMT during my 1st trip because we only had one day in MK on day 2 and the attraction was still pretty new. I checked morning of and got them for 9:25am! So it is a possibility. I don't know how often that happens, but I've heard things open up day of. I would definitely keep checking! You never know when someone's plans will change as ADR's open up and the dates get closer :)

Last edited:
Last Wednesday was my fastpass day. I leave to get kids to school at 7:25. So, I just got my Pandora FP+s. I didn't really have time for anything else. I filled in some Thursday, then the rest Friday. Didn't have trouble with anything else. Just that silly FoP! LOL.

Today was FP+ day, only problem was FOP which I could not get on any day 11/18-11/22 :( so went with Na'vi instead, even tried looking at single FP's and there was nothing on FOP. BUT was able to get everything else I wanted and generally during the times I wanted, including 7dmt twice. Overall pretty good and had all 15 FP's booked by 7:25am. :)

Today was FP+ day, only problem was FOP which I could not get on any day 11/18-11/22 :( so went with Na'vi instead, even tried looking at single FP's and there was nothing on FOP. BUT was able to get everything else I wanted and generally during the times I wanted, including 7dmt twice. Overall pretty good and had all 15 FP's booked by 7:25am. :)
I know FOP is crazy I did mine on Monday and couldn't get one till day 6. Keep checking as it gets closer and while your at Disney. Plans change sometimes last minute so keep checking and good luck.

Would anyone happen to know if the Minnie Vans will be running from POP? I planned to use the Minnie Van for my Bon Voyage breakfast from Pop Century, I thought they were resort wide but now I heard they aren't...

Would anyone happen to know if the Minnie Vans will be running from POP? I planned to use the Minnie Van for my Bon Voyage breakfast from Pop Century, I thought they were resort wide but now I heard they aren't...
We called Disney the other day to see if we could use the Minnie Vans from ASMU and they told us only at the deluxe resorts for now. That was a phone CM, so maybe they were wrong. She did offer some other transportation that we could pay for.

Yesterday dd5 said she wanted to eat in the castle again. I had to break the news to her that it wasn't happening this trip. She was a little disappointed but then I told her about our Bon Voyage breakfast which she is now excited for.

Alright so I reworked some plans with dh which will most likely change when I go to make fast passes.

11/24 arrive at night

11/25 Go to EMH at AK. Get fast passes for Safari, Everest, and Pandora (long shot I know but maybe someone will cancel. I only need 2 FOP and the other 2 would be Navi) if don't get FP then rope drop Pandora at EMH. Park hop to HS. Going to try to do Toy Story, Star Tours, Frozen Sing-a-long, and the Little Mermaid. 6:55pm ADR @ Cape May

11/26 PPO BOG breakfast. Get fastpasses for 7Dwarves, Peter Pan, and Haunted Masion. 5:15pm ADR @'ohana Go back to the Boardwalk

11/27 PPO Garden Grill. Boys go to Soarin' while girls go to Frozen if dd5 doesn't want to do Soarin' (she didn't want to last trip). Get fast passes for Nemo, Spaceship Earth, and Test Track. Hmmm I might change the Nemo fast pass for Mission Space. Possibly hop over to MK if family is up for it.

11/28 10:10 ROL Tusker House. Get fastpasses for FOP, Everest and Rapids.

11/29 10am 1900 ADR. Get to MK around 12. Fast pass Pirates, Splash and Big Thunder Mountain. Watch the daytime parade. Try to stay for HEA.

11/30 Rope Drop MK. Fastpass 7DMT, Space Mountain and Buzz. 5:30 ADR at Whispering Canyon

12/1 9:15am Bon Voyage breakfast then take the International Gateway to Epcot. Get Frozen fast pass for 11ish. Hang out in the World Showcase and watch storytellers. 6:30 ADR for Via Napoli to eat pizza.

12/2 Epcot get fast pass for Frozen early. Either hop over to HS if we didn't get enough on our first day or hop over to MK.

12/3 Departure

We're trying to leave our nights open in case we want to hop over to a park for a night show.

Hi guys! I'm going with my 3 year old daughter and her dad for our 2nd trip. There is more pressure this time! Our DD is 43 inches tall so FOP is out for us Here's what I've got so far:

Monday 11-13: plane lands at 1:15pm and will be staying at Contemporary. Epcot is first!
Mission space 3:40
Soarin' 4:40
Seas with Nemo 5:55
Via Napoli 8:30pm

Tues 11/14 AK
Kilimanjaro safari 10:10
Na'vi river 11:15
Kali river rapid 12:50
Tusker house 6:35 (not sure I want to keep this. Still on the fence. Need input here since we were out of AK by 5pm last year)

Wednesday 11/15 MK day 1
BOG 9:50
Haunted mansion 11:15
Peter Pan 12:25
Buzz 1:40 (not that excited about this ride. Love TSM more)
Skipper dinner 5:20 Never tried this. I like their silly jokes on the jungle cruise but open to other suggestions. I will be destroying a turkey leg for lunch

Thurs 11/16 HS
Akershus 8:20--taking boat to HS
TSM 10:55
Frozen sing a long 12:30 (open to tossing this)
Sci Fi 2pm
ToT 3:50

Fri 11/17 MK day 2
Kona cafe 8:40
BTMR 9:50
Splash 11:20
7DMT 12:30

Plane leaves at 6:35pm

Thank you guys!

:tinker:

So I just snagged a BOG ADR for 9:50am! So excited! Also kind of sad because I now have to jig my park days around again as with BOG and CP on 25/11, it seems far more logical to do MK on day 4 and AK on day 1. But I don't kknow if I can wait that long to see my beloved castle! It makes sense logically but I'm being incredibly sentimental.

I have such first world problems right now.

So I just snagged a BOG ADR for 9:50am! So excited! Also kind of sad because I now have to jig my park days around again as with BOG and CP on 25/11, it seems far more logical to do MK on day 4 and AK on day 1. But I don't kknow if I can wait that long to see my beloved castle! It makes sense logically but I'm being incredibly sentimental.

I have such first world problems right now.
Ermahgerd, my name is Emma Rose! :P
I wish I could do character meals, but not only do I have enough allergies to stack up Genie's columns A and B, I have soooo much sensory issues. I'm so happy for you, though!!! :sunny:

Ermahgerd, my name is Emma Rose! :P
I wish I could do character meals, but not only do I have enough allergies to stack up Genie's columns A and B, I have soooo much sensory issues. I'm so happy for you, though!!! :sunny:

Thank you! My name is kind of a play on character names from one of my favourite musicals: Wicked! I am an Emma though lol

(BTW I love the lyrics in your signature. I have to do a cabaret set once a week as part of my job and Get Happy is my 2nd song!)

About my siggie: Thank you. :tongue:
And I was kind of thinking your username was a Wicked reference...hahahaha! :-)
Edit: Oh, Nessarose...:P Didn't realize that until a few seconds ago.

Last edited:
I have no idea what to do on one of our hopping days. Here's the plan so far:

Monday, 11/20:

RD at HS (TSMM for sure) --spend morning to early afternoon there.
Head to Epcot (maybe after a little break at BC)
FEA FP 5:30
Meet Snow White? (on our list of characters we have not met yet)
Via Napoli 7pm
Illuminations

Not sure if I should keep that FEA FP since we plan to RD it on 11/18. We are spending Thankskgiving day at HS, so we have FP there for that day.

What would you do?

Our cousins flight got pushed back, they will land at MCO at 5:45pm we are staying at WL. Do you think they will be able to make a 7:45pm reservation at Park Fare?

Monday, 11/20:

Via Napoli 7pm
Illuminations

Not sure if I should keep that FEA FP since we plan to RD it on 11/18. We are spending Thankskgiving day at HS, so we have FP there for that day.

What would you do?

If you didn't fp FEA, what would you fast pass? We had the same dilemma but I decided to get the FEA fastpasses because if we don't fp that we would do either test track or Soarin. I know that if I change my mind later, there won't be a FEA available so I'm booking that one now. Test Track and Soarin are easier to get closer to the day or day of.

So we reworked our days again. We are going to hop over to MK on 11/27. We also have an extra TS since i'm cancelling my Sci-Fi ADR. DH had the bright idea of getting a Be Our Guest on 11/27 for dinner. That won't be hard at all. :badpc: I told him that'd be really hard to get but I'll look. Another option would be to get a Crystal Palace dinner but the reviews are pretty bad or booking a Crystal Palace breakfast on 11/30 but it'd have to be early.

He also had the idea of moving our Ohana day to 11/27 so I could book a BOG on 11/26 before the MVMCP started since we don't have tickets. Yeah no. That's not happening.

I setup an alert for BOG but I decided that I'm not going to obsessively search for it. If we get it great. If not we'll just figure something else out.

Monday, 11/20:

Via Napoli 7pm
Illuminations

What would you do?
I would keep it for now. That way you could rope drop TT or Soarin and FP the other. You can also try for 4ths and 5ths once you use it, but FEA is hard to come by.

Our cousins flight got pushed back, they will land at MCO at 5:45pm we are staying at WL. Do you think they will be able to make a 7:45pm reservation at Park Fare?

Oh no! That's cutting it close but I've read that if some of your party shows up for your ADR you don't get charged the $10pp cancellation fee for the rest. So if you keep it and they don't make it you don't get the fee. I'm not sure if that was your main concern or if you'd rather move back the 1900.

Monday, 11/20:

Via Napoli 7pm
Illuminations

What would you do?

I say keep it! Unless there's a different FP you'd rather have, I don't see a reason for you to cancel FEA now. You can always cancel it day off if you're plans take you elsewhere and try to grab something else at the time. This is why I'm not a big fan of FP+ and how you have to get them in advanced, the day of rarely goes how I imagine it will 60 days out haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!