OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Searching desperately for crt and bog for 11/15. Have my finder set also, haven't gotten an alert yet. :(

This is our 25th Anniversary Celebration and I want EVERYTHING to be perfect. I am spending more on this trip than I did on the wedding! Having to go during Thanksgiving isn't helping the budget much either. Staying at AKL/FWC Cabins/YC and flying First Class, all of which are a secret to DHS. He thinks we are staying at ASMO and have the extra legroom behind first class. LOL
Happy (early) Anniversary!! What an awesome surprise!
We are celebrating 24 years this year-August trip. I have a reservation finder set up on TP (for august) for Cali grill for 7pm. We did V&A in 2004 (amazing!!) but want to try something different. Considered Highway Dine In the Sky as well, and may still do that if the CG doesn't come through.

November feels so close (and yet so far!!). We're going the week after Thanksgiving. My father's 56th birthday is on the 28th! I was hoping to do something special for him, and have reservations for 4:00 at Hoop Dee Doo (his fave) and have been debating if I should get Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets for that night as well. Is it possible to do both in the same night? Also would love any other ideas or suggestions you guys might have to make the day special!

November feels so close (and yet so far!!). We're going the week after Thanksgiving. My father's 56th birthday is on the 28th! I was hoping to do something special for him, and have reservations for 4:00 at Hoop Dee Doo (his fave) and have been debating if I should get Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets for that night as well. Is it possible to do both in the same night? Also would love any other ideas or suggestions you guys might have to make the day special!
It's totally up to you, but if you are thinking about MVMCP and have it in your budget, I would say go for it!

Happy (early) Anniversary!! What an awesome surprise!
We are celebrating 24 years this year-August trip. I have a reservation finder set up on TP (for august) for Cali grill for 7pm. We did V&A in 2004 (amazing!!) but want to try something different. Considered Highway Dine In the Sky as well, and may still do that if the CG doesn't come through.
Happy Anniversary to you as well!

I have a California Grill Brunch reservation that transferred over from the original dates that I am hoping will still fit into our new schedule. We will do HBD, our favorite; HDDR, my DH request; possibly Jiko but my husband's tastes run a bit bland, so not sure on this one. He is a pretty simple guy and would NEVER do V&A, much to my chagrin. He wears a tie every day for work and REFUSES to wear anything but shorts on vacation, unless we are in Alaska! Perhaps Artist Point or the Yachtsman, but he's not big on steak. For our "fancier" dinners we are better off in a park, due to his vacation dress code.

It sounds like all we will be doing is eating. Good thing we aren't spending too much time in the parks this trip.

Will it be a waste for me to get mvmcp tickets? I'm worrying bc my 4year old sleeps early and I don't want to ruin her entire schedule from this trip. i know obviously it's a special occasion but I'm wondering if it will be too much... it's our very first vacation so everything is new for her..: sleeping away from home, plane etc I don't want to totally overwhelm her

Plz no judgement!

Will it be a waste for me to get mvmcp tickets? I'm worrying bc my 4year old sleeps early and I don't want to ruin her entire schedule from this trip. i know obviously it's a special occasion but I'm wondering if it will be too much... it's our very first vacation so everything is new for her..: sleeping away from home, plane etc I don't want to totally overwhelm her

Plz no judgement!

Hi there!

I haven't been to MVMCP but I have been to Not So Scary and I think it really depends on what your child's sleep schedule is. I would look up the time schedule for MVMCP (parade time, fireworks time, castle show etc) and see if you can get most of it done before bedtime but it does start at 6:00 so you can probably cram a lot in depending on what time you need to be done. And keep in mind that the parade and castle show happen multiple times in the night so you can be a little flexible. This article has a time guide to the party at the bottom:

https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-guide/

Plz no judgement!

We had the same fear (travelling with a 2.5yo and a 5.5yo) but decided to get tickets. We are not doing parks the day of the party and the day after we are just going to play it by ear. Probably head to HS later in the day - we have a 5:30 Minnie's Season Dine at the Hollywood and Vine the day after the Christmas Party and I will fast pass Toy Story for late in the day. Not planning on getting much done.

I do think the party is worth it! Walk on rides, dance party with characters, snow on Main Street. It was really fun last time! We brought our 18 month old with us that trip and he did great with the down time before and after!

I will say that my kids are usually in bed and asleep by 6:30pm - 7:00pm so they are not night owls by any means! It is vacation and I try to relax a bit on their 'usual' schedule (easier said than done, ha!)

Plz no judgement!
While I can't speak from experience since it'll be our first time at MVMCP too, my daughter is the same age and I've been thinking about how we can make the event less stressful for all of us. We are planning to go back to the room in the afternoon for a nap and a couple of hours of rest before returning to MK for the party. My daughter's bedtime is usually 8 p.m., but we're making a special exception since it's vacation. At four, my child is also very excited about the idea of staying up late.. haha! I'm thinking there will be so much exciting stuff going on, she'll happily stay awake for a while anyway. We are also not planning to stay until midnight, or however long the party lasts. If she starts getting tired at 10 p.m. or so, we'll just call it a night. As long as we see Elsa light up the castle (8:15 p.m.), the first round of the parade (8:30 p.m.), and some of the fireworks (10 p.m.), I'll still feel like we got the full value for our money.

Plz no judgement!
We didn't have a great experience with the party. It was ok, glad we did it once, but not worth the money for use to repeat. My boys were 2 and 4 at the time, and they are very much night owls, with no set bedtime (I'm very go with the flow!). We went the day we got off our cruise and hit the park early afternoon. They didn't make it to the fireworks. We found the lines very long for characters and definitely not a walk on for rides. The only ride I walked on was Space and that was because I went during the fireworks. They boys liked the cookies/hot chocolate and the "snow" on main street. I definitely wouldn't say don't do it, but if you do, go into it with no expectations :)

Woo! I think we might. Budget isn't a problem, I just don't want to miss a big chunk of the Christmas party if we're still at dinner :D

I would stick with just Hoop Dee Doo. It is a very fun show and I would think that you might want to leave it at that. The 4pm show would be over around 6pm and by the time you got to MK you would loose a lot of party time.

You might want to consider a carriage ride through Fort Wilderness to see the Christmas decorations.

I am so happy to find this thread. I'm new to DIS forums but I've been counting the days til our November trip. We will be there with another family the week before Thanksgiving. This is my first time going to Disney close to the holidays. Usually stick to the summer months. I'm excited to see the park decorated. Bought my tickets to MVMCP already.

I am so happy to find this thread. I'm new to DIS forums but I've been counting the days til our November trip. We will be there with another family the week before Thanksgiving. This is my first time going to Disney close to the holidays. Usually stick to the summer months. I'm excited to see the park decorated. Bought my tickets to MVMCP already.
I am that week also! Are you having trouble w dining adrs? I'm struggling :(

We are going November 18-26. We went last Thanksgiving after taking a few years off & got hooked once again! My son graduates high school next May so this will probably the last trip with all 4 of us (said that last year too...lol)

Hi all! We're headed there the week after Thanksgiving and are so excited! For those who travelled the week after Thanksgiving last year, would you mind sharing your experience with crowds? I know they were higher than in the past, but I'd like your perspective on how manageable they were. I've heard everything from "it was insane" to "oh, there were moderate crowds but it wasn't that bad". I've resolved myself to the fact that light crowd times just don't seem to exist anymore...

Hi all! We're headed there the week after Thanksgiving and are so excited! For those who travelled the week after Thanksgiving last year, would you mind sharing your experience with crowds? I know they were higher than in the past, but I'd like your perspective on how manageable they were. I've heard everything from "it was insane" to "oh, there were moderate crowds but it wasn't that bad". I've resolved myself to the fact that light crowd times just don't seem to exist anymore...
It wasn't too bad. With a plan it's more than manageable. Saturday at HS was way less crowded than I had anticipated. Wednesday at MK was pretty crowded. We ended up hopping to EP before lunchtime.

I really didn't mind being woken up at 4am by a Touring Plans reservation alert!! Got our Chef Mickey breakfast for December 1st!!! :yay:

Awesome! I was really glad I had stayed at work late the other day when mine went off LOL. If I had been driving I would have been so angry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!