OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

No I believe the ADR's begin at 8 regardless of park opening time.
Ok thanks. Guess we'll just stand in line and wait for 7DMT with everyone else then. :-/
When will they post about the Christmas show taping schedule per park? Just want to know when I can stop tweaking everything finally.

How many of you out there with Kids are surprising them or have surprised them with a trip to WDW. How did you do it?

How many of you out there with Kids are surprising them or have surprised them with a trip to WDW. How did you do it?
I have surprised my kids a couple of times. Once we did a scavenger hunt and once they came downstairs to find our bags packed the day of. Both of those were fun. The scavenger hunt was my favorite/ hid travel items with the clues along the way- sunglasses, swimsuits, travel toys etc.

KtP just posted the filming schedule for the Christmas specials. Nov 3-7
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/...edule-abc-holiday-specials-walt-disney-world/

Thanks for posting this in both places!:worship: I'm trying not to freak out but I had everything planned and now I'm trying to figure out what to do. I had a Crystal Palace ADR at 1:30 then when the parade moved from 3 to 2 I was able to get a 2:30 but kept the 1:30. Well of course I got rid of the 1:30 last week right before the initial announcement. So now I have a 2:30 ADR when I'd much rather have an earlier one and I have FPs scheduled at 5 when I may need to shift everything to see the FoF parade if it moves from 2 to 5.:sad2: If I could shift the lunch I'd feel better about shifting my FPs, especially since we are now going to have to eat breakfast earlier and throw away our BOG breakfast we were planning to eat at 8:15. I had it all planned out so nicely until this morning!! :sad: I have a TP search going but nothing so far. :(

I’m surprising my daughter in 26 days!! Our plan is to tell her on the way to the airport. We’re pretending to take her out for her birthday and then once we get to the airport exit we’ll tell her. I already have most of her stuff packed and that morning everything will be loaded into the car before she gets up. I’m hoping that we get a very excited reaction. She tells me it’s her biggest dream to have me wake her up and tell her we’re going to Disney, so I hope she’s over the moon excited! It’s also going to be her first time to Disney World. We took her to Disneyland in 2015.

We were going to try and do it but my wife and I are both horrible at keeping secrets, lol.

HOWEVER, what DD7 doesn’t know is that her BFF and her parents are meeting us down there. We check in on the 25th, first park day is the 26th, and her friend arrives on the 29th. Her friend doesn’t know she’s going yet. Her birthday is the 26th so her parents are telling her she’s going then.

We have a few ADR’s and all of our fast passes together. They actually fly in on the 28th but not until like 9pm. We are just going to show up at Hollywood and Vine for our Disney Jr. breakfast with them in the morning. They’re going to be soooooooo happy!

I’m surprising my daughter in 26 days!! Our plan is to tell her on the way to the airport. We’re pretending to take her out for her birthday and then once we get to the airport exit we’ll tell her. I already have most of her stuff packed and that morning everything will be loaded into the car before she gets up. I’m hoping that we get a very excited reaction. She tells me it’s her biggest dream to have me wake her up and tell her we’re going to Disney, so I hope she’s over the moon excited! It’s also going to be her first time to Disney World. We took her to Disneyland in 2015.

That sounds awesome! Good luck with it! I unfortunately just cant keep quiet about it. So my DD's and I built a countdown paper chain and have been tearing off one link at a time since the 100 day mark. We're down to 37! Can't Wait! I think my wife is hopingthat I'll stop being a crazy person once we get there. I'm really excited because it's the kids first trip.

We told the kids when we booked. I don't think we could keep it a secret. We kept our July trip a secret over the summer but we booked it at 47 days out so it was much easier. Honestly I think my son was on to us so I don't think we did a good job keeping that secret. This November trip I tried to get the kids in on the planning with the ADRs and fast passes.

That sounds awesome! Good luck with it! I unfortunately just cant keep quiet about it. So my DD's and I built a countdown paper chain and have been tearing off one link at a time since the 100 day mark. We're down to 37! Can't Wait! I think my wife is hopingthat I'll stop being a crazy person once we get there. I'm really excited because it's the kids first trip.

Oh no, the crazy doesn't go away when you're there. I think I'm crazier when I'm there with changing my fast passes around and stuff like that. This trip I'm going to try to slow it down and take everything in more.

Looks like my pre-park opening BOG is no longer a pre-park.

I have PPO BOG for two separate days the last week of November that are now NOT PPO. This on top of no EMM for November has me super bummed and now trying to replan our MK days. I understand hours are always subject to change, but after having to make ADRs at 180 days and FP+ at 60, it sucks to get so close and have everything blown up. Oh, well. We will still be at Disney!!

I have PPO BOG for two separate days the last week of November that are now NOT PPO. This on top of no EMM for November has me super bummed and now trying to replan our MK days. I understand hours are always subject to change, but after having to make ADRs at 180 days and FP+ at 60, it sucks to get so close and have everything blown up. Oh, well. We will still be at Disney!!

It stinks doesn't it? We were in the same boat. Holding out for EMM, but happy to have a PPO BOG as a back up. Then Saturday I come to learn that the park hours have been extended so my PPO is no longer PPO :-( Oh well! It's still Disney and we will have a fabulous time!!!!

One year we told them we were going to see their aunt and they figured it out when we landed at MCO and they saw the WDW on the wall, they were estatic

We have been taking a picture there every year in the airport when we land since we started going, pretty cool when looking thru each year seeing the kids grow and especially as our family has grown

I wish we would have picked a spot at WDW itself to do this, however thinking back we have taken a picture at chef Mickey every year as well

Now days the older 2 are unfazed when we land however the younger 2 still get excited

We try to keep it a secret each year but becoming harder and harder

We told the kids when we booked. I don't think we could keep it a secret. We kept our July trip a secret over the summer but we booked it at 47 days out so it was much easier. Honestly I think my son was on to us so I don't think we did a good job keeping that secret. This November trip I tried to get the kids in on the planning with the ADRs and fast passes.
This is like my DH and I, we are both too excited to keep a secret, LOL. My husband does a countdown on our front door so the kids see it everyday before school and I like to plan Disney movies with themed food for the weekends. My oldest DS is 10 and he loves helping me figure out ADR's and FP+. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!