"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we are on the subject of the parade. For MNSSHP we would usually stake out a spot for the second parade so we can do more things during the first one. Is the second parade less crowded? In other words, would you recommend the first or the second? I would love to see it with the snow, but trying to be mindful that the time between the second one and the fireworks leaves very little time for us to do anything else except for keeping spots.

I am 100% fully on team '2nd Parade'. It will still get to 3-5 people deep. But the lines form up later for the 2nd than the 1st.

In using the second parade strategy is it a good time after viewing the 2nd parade to do character meets?

I'm liking the train station ides. For the 1st parade, what is considered "last minute" for a spot? Still an hour early? We're going Sunday 11/28 so it will be a crowded party! My dilemma is that we have the MVMCP dessert party booked and that starts at 9, so we'd eat dessert from 9-9:30 and then head to the plaza gardens for our viewing of Holiday Wishes. I'm still contemplating whether or not we keep the party, but train station is closer to Tomorrowland Terrace than Fronteirland! I really hate to spend so much time waiting for a parade and then waiting for Wishes. I just don't know my kids would last!
This will depend when the parade starts. For MNSSHP this year, the first parade was moved to 9:15, so no way to do the dessert party and first parade.

This will depend when the parade starts. For MNSSHP this year, the first parade was moved to 9:15, so no way to do the dessert party and first parade.

I *think* the first parade is at 8:30 and the 2nd is at 11, but that is just what I've seen on sites that are guessing based on last year. Who knows what will really be the case when Disney releases the official schedule.
Was the parade moved for MNSSHP because it's still daylight earlier with August parties? For all the MVMCP it should be dark by 8 for sure!

Where do things currently stand with making fp+ selections for party night. Other than my party tickets I have only a 1 day one park ticket that we are using on our last day and using at AK. I managed to get a flights of passage FP which is no easy task. The first day of our stay we are doing the party. Id like to make the FP+ reservations for my party day but if they bump my last day of fast passes that would be my AK flight of passage day. Recently is anyone having trouble booking the FP+ for party day or was that just an issue a couple months ago that has since gone away?

Last edited:
I *think* the first parade is at 8:30 and the 2nd is at 11, but that is just what I've seen on sites that are guessing based on last year. Who knows what will really be the case when Disney releases the official schedule.
Was the parade moved for MNSSHP because it's still daylight earlier with August parties? For all the MVMCP it should be dark by 8 for sure!
Not sure why the change; historically the first parade has always been at 8:15 and it's been plenty dark by then.

Where do things currently stand with making fp+ selections for party night. Other than my party tickets I have only a 1 day one park ticket that we are using on our last day and using at AK. I managed to get a flights of passage FP which is no easy task. We are there for 4 days. The first day we are doing the party. Id like to make the FP+ reservations for my party day but if they bump my last day of fast passes that would be my AK flight of passage day. Recently is anyone having trouble booking the FP+ for party day or was that just an issue a couple months ago that has since gone away?

There's a really helpful thread going on about this: https://www.disboards.com/threads/mvmcp-and-scheduling-fp-4-6pm.3633529/page-3#post-58230268

I've also been following the MNSSHP thread since those parties have already started. Sounds like it's a mixed bag and there isn't much rhyme or reason for why FPs are being canceled.

In using the second parade strategy is it a good time after viewing the 2nd parade to do character meets?

Not really. What I've found since they moved the second parade time back to 11 pm is that by the time the parade is over there really isn't a lot of time to use the emptier, final hour of the party to do meets or rides.

I used to be a big advocate of the second parade, but now I always recommend seeing the first. The last hour of the party can be somewhat empty. That is just too good of a time to pass up to be waiting for and watching the parade.

The first year they changed the parade to 11 we watched the second from Frontierland and by the time it was done and we got out of the crowds there was only about a half hour left to the party. At that point a lot of character lines were closed and we just felt like we couldn't squeeze anything in.

Where do things currently stand with making fp+ selections for party night. Other than my party tickets I have only a 1 day one park ticket that we are using on our last day and using at AK. I managed to get a flights of passage FP which is no easy task. We are there for 4 days. The first day we are doing the party. Id like to make the FP+ reservations for my party day but if they bump my last day of fast passes that would be my AK flight of passage day. Recently is anyone having trouble booking the FP+ for party day or was that just an issue a couple months ago that has since gone away?

There's a really helpful thread going on about this: https://www.disboards.com/threads/mvmcp-and-scheduling-fp-4-6pm.3633529/page-3#post-58230268

I've also been following the MNSSHP thread since those parties have already started. Sounds like it's a mixed bag and there isn't much rhyme or reason for why FPs are being canceled.

This! Started separate thread for MVMCP, link posted in Post #1 under FP+ Information. Also, the MNSSHP & Scheduling FP+ is listed there as well since those parties have started.

Agree with IceQueen182, no particular reason on why some had FP+ cancelled.

This! Started separate thread for MVMCP, link posted in Post #1 under FP+ Information. Also, the MNSSHP & Scheduling FP+ is listed there as well since those parties have started.

Agree with IceQueen182, no particular reason on why some had FP+ cancelled.
Thanks, I'll check out that thread.

It will happen throughout the night - not sure if it is a set schedule or not but when we got to the park last year for party around 5:30 or so it was snowing by the time we walked to the castle it had stopped - it does go thru the parade as well.
That's happy news- I'd love to see it more than once :)

Sorry another question- MVMCP on my mind today!! :)

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but how soon before the first parade should we look for a spot on Main Street for viewing? I know an hour would be the safe bet, but don't want to waste all that party time... Would 30 min work for a not super busy night?

Thanks!!!

Sorry another question- MVMCP on my mind today!! :)

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but how soon before the first parade should we look for a spot on Main Street for viewing? I know an hour would be the safe bet, but don't want to waste all that party time... Would 30 min work for a not super busy night?

Thanks!!!

Sadly an hour is probably appropriate. However, if you want to gamble there are usually spots in front of the Train station a lot later than front row spots on the rest of Main Street.

Sadly an hour is probably appropriate. However, if you want to gamble there are usually spots in front of the Train station a lot later than front row spots on the rest of Main Street.
Here's a question: the parade starts at 11:00 (for the second show) in Frontierland, correct? How long does it take to arrive in Town Square?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter