"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did the party this past Friday 11/17. We thought it would be crowded because it was a Friday night. We felt it was EMPTY.

We walked on to all the rides. Only 7DMT had a longer line. 30 minutes I think. But we were off the ride in 25 and made it over to Small World for last ride of the night.

We did not do the parades or shows or meet and greets, but we did watch the fireworks show while drinking the free hot cocoa.

Maybe if we didn’t just do rides we would have felt it busier. But there were no crowds in the street.

The lines for the free cookies and eggnog were long but went FAST.

What’s up with people trying to cut lines!?! A few people tried cutting in front of me. Seemed to me they were playing dumb like they didn’t realize where the line ended. I just directed them to the back of the line. One couple seemed disingenuous when I told them. Their reaction seemed fake but I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Right after that another woman and her young daughter appeared in front of me but slightly off to my right out of nowhere. When I told her where the end of the line was she said “Oh I know, everyone keeps cutting in front of me!” I don’t know how that could be because I was still behind the person I followed at the end of the line by the man with the candy cane sign. She stayed put. At that point I was just fed up. The NYer in me came out. At that moment the line turned and I didn’t turn with it, I just went straight in front of her. Her daughter asked why I went in front of them and she proceeded to tell her daughter and the people behind me (that she cut in front of) that there are just some bad people in the world. I just ignored her because I was fuming but decided it wasn’t going to ruin my night. All over a free cup of egg nog. Lol.

We did the party this past Friday 11/17. We thought it would be crowded because it was a Friday night. We felt it was EMPTY.

We walked on to all the rides. Only 7DMT had a longer line. 30 minutes I think. But we were off the ride in 25 and made it over to Small World for last ride of the night.

We did not do the parades or shows or meet and greets, but we did watch the fireworks show while drinking the free hot cocoa.

Maybe if we didn’t just do rides we would have felt it busier. But there were no crowds in the street.

The lines for the free cookies and eggnog were long but went FAST.

What’s up with people trying to cut lines!?! A few people tried cutting in front of me. Seemed to me they were playing dumb like they didn’t realize where the line ended. I just directed them to the back of the line. One couple seemed disingenuous when I told them. Their reaction seemed fake but I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Right after that another woman and her young daughter appeared in front of me but slightly off to my right out of nowhere. When I told her where the end of the line was she said “Oh I know, everyone keeps cutting in front of me!” I don’t know how that could be because I was still behind the person I followed at the end of the line by the man with the candy cane sign. She stayed put. At that point I was just fed up. The NYer in me came out. At that moment the line turned and I didn’t turn with it, I just went straight in front of her. Her daughter asked why I went in front of them and she proceeded to tell her daughter and the people behind me (that she cut in front of) that there are just some bad people in the world. I just ignored her because I was fuming but decided it wasn’t going to ruin my night. All over a free cup of egg nog. Lol.
We did Tuesday the 14th. And line cutting was a big problem. I must say there were a few times I didn't realized where the end of the line was at. Lol. It was crazy crowded for the first parade, and lots of people seem to have a less then magical time. They did check our bands like 3 times during the parade. I found it hard to find some of the cookie stands. I'd see the candy cane, but would have to ask where the cookies were. They ran out of hot cocoa, and eggnog. The mint cookies were wrapped. We got to ride Big thunder mountain 3 times without leaving the seat, so that was cool. It was so crowded by the fireworks we only got a side view. But we spent too much time sitting for the first parade, to sit more for fireworks. We left with mixed feelings if it was worth the price.

My 79yo MIL will be on a scooter. How early will they allow us in the disabled parade viewing area in the hub? We were hoping to just stay in that spot for the 1st parade and the fireworks.

I know I should know this but please humor me: I chose to print my tickets at home. Can I request plastic cards tickets when I arrive at MK? I won't have Magic Bands so I won't be able to use my fastpass otherwise.

I don't think so, the Green RFID cards are "coded" with ticket info. I would think you would scan your paper ticket for FP+. You can always ask GS.

Interestingly enough, MDE is giving me the option to make another day of FP at any park even though I should be out of days. Maybe because of my party ticket?

Yes, probably. The FP+ with MYM tickets and MVMCP tickets has been inconsistent. Some received emails & some didn't. Those with just MVMCP tickets received FP+ reminder emails. OP reported that already attended party & had no issues.

See Post #1 - FastPass+, there's a link for MVMCP & FP+ selections.

Does anyone know of Mickey, Minnie and goofy are in Christmas attire at mickeys backyard bbq?

I'm debating if my family can last long enough to watch the second parade at 11pm. If we find a spot near Town Square to watch the parade, when do you think it will get to us? When will it be over?

Also, is there "snow" at Town Square?

Never mind. Already been answered!!

ETA...My brain needs a rest from all of this frenetic planning! :scared:

Last edited:
Ooooh!! Can someone who dined at Be Our Guest during the MVMCP dinner dining hours tell me if the Beast was doing his greet inside the castle?

I remember there being a rumour circulating a couple of months ago that he doesn't greet guests during party nights.

Thank y'all! So excited for a Disney Christmas :santa:

I think I saw someone else ask this, but I don't remember a response. If I got to the Frozen castle lighting 45 minutes before it starts, could I get a spot that would double as a parade spot? I'm also not exactly sure where that would be -- the loop that passes closest to the castle?

Ooooh!! Can someone who dined at Be Our Guest during the MVMCP dinner dining hours tell me if the Beast was doing his greet inside the castle?

I remember there being a rumour circulating a couple of months ago that he doesn't greet guests during party nights.

We ate at Be Our Guest at the mvmcp on 11/10. The Beast was greeting guests; we saw him at the end of our meal with only one family in front of us! He was interactive and really funny, made a big deal about our Christmas shirts!

I can’t say for sure about MVMCP, but we were at BOG during the MNSSHP and he was there greeting guests during that party.

I'm debating if my family can last long enough to watch the second parade at 11pm. If we find a spot near Town Square to watch the parade, when do you think it will get to us? When will it be over?

Also, is there "snow" at Town Square?
The parade won’t arrive near Town Square until about 11:20, so won’t be past until 11:40 or so. It doesn’t snow in the square, but you will get some drifting down from Main Street.

We ate at BOG on Friday 11/17 at 5:45. The Beast was doing his greet inside the castle and it was great! We got an awesome picture that my DH missed - I was joking that we should use it for our Christmas card and see if anyone noticed.

We went to two parties last week - Tuesday 11/14 and Friday 11/17. We didn't really care about the parades or shows and the only character we HAD to meet was Sandy Claws. Honestly, we were expecting smaller crowds on Tuesday, but they were about the same for both parties. Both were definitely less crowded than MK during the day at all that week though.

Tuesday 11/14, we arrived right at 7 (nap fiasco - we were supposed to get there around 5!) and the line to get in to the park was a little long and Main Street was PACKED with people leaving. We took the bypass around and went straight to Tomorrowland to ride rides. My son walked onto Space Mountain four times in a row (his first time on Space and he loved it!!) while my DH and younger son did Buzz Lightyear (it was down for a little while, but came back up quickly). They walked on BTMRR later a few times in a row as well, no lines. Walked on Pirates, Jingle Cruise, Under the Sea, most everything except 7DMT. At 11 my oldest was DONE - the line for Sandy Claws was still about 45-60 minutes (we were hoping it would have died down by then) and he was crying because he wanted to meet Sandy Claws so bad but he was just done (he's 7).

So, Friday, we had a BOG res at 545, ate dinner and met the Beast. Then my older DS and Dh went and rode Splash (there was a lot of things not working still on the ride is the report I got from DH) while younger DS and I met Belle and then got in line for Sandy Claws (right around 7:45). We waited 45 minutes, but my older son joined us and the boys got to meet him finally. It was a great interaction and older DS was totally star-struck! There were longer wait lines for most rides on Friday, but not much longer. Couldn't walk on BTMRR or Space, but only had 10 minute waits. We finished the night in Tomorrowland (its our favorite land).

For us, the parties were worth the money for the walk-on access to the rides. We were able to do so many of them during the party, that we didn't feel bad about skipping our MK day and taking a much needed hotel day on Wednesday instead (I developed pneumonia on the trip, so it was a MUCH-NEEDED break day!). we enjoyed the free treats and I was excited to see Holiday Wishes for the first time (my family didn't' care though). I wanted to get more party-exclusive photpass pictures too than we did, but my family didn't care about those either....

All-in-all, we'd do it again.

What are the lines like for Santa Goofy? He's pretty much the only character my wife and I actually want to meet. We don't want to spend too much time waiting in line for a meet and greet though.

We attended the party on Sunday, November 12. We arrived a little before 4 and we were let right into the bypass, stopped for some photos and our first cookie. We then used our FP for Jingle Cruise. Around 5:00pm or so we made our way to wait in line for Nick and Judy. They came out at 6:15pm. We stopped for more snowcones and cookies while checking out the lines for Scrooge, Donald and the 7 Dwarfs. Waited in a short line for Ariel and Prince Eric then made our way to Cinderella/Prince Charming, Elena, Rapunzel/Flynn Rider, Tina/Naveen. We went to the Pinocchio Village Haus twice and placed our extra cookies in a tupperware container for later. Watched the fireworks from behind the castle and then made our way to the 7 Dwarfs. They had the longest wait of the evening. Afterward we made our way to Main Street for the 2nd parade. We were in front of the Art of Disney store and waited 45 minutes or so.

Overall it was about average crowd wise. I feel the 2nd parade had more people then we had thought but I was able to see it. We had a great time and hope to do it again next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter