"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m hoping I don’t end up one of those people because I will have my 9 year old and 13 month old with me. I know 13 month old won’t be able to wait in too many lines so I’m sure when waiting for characters my Husband or I will go off with her (and I’m sure my 9 year old will want to go with them) and I will wait in line. I hope I don’t get stares when they join me. I’d never do it with adults or with 8 people but my baby can’t stay in lines for long.

I think you'll be fine.

Sorry, being a veteran, I know I should know the answer to this, but I don't. We have always gotten hard tickets for the parties, even though we have a Magicband, but this time we didn't.

We are only stopping by for two days on our way to Mexico, with the main purpose of going to the party the day we arrive, and doing rope drop at AK the next day to experience Pandora. I'm concerned about entering using the Magicband because we won't have room for error the next morning if something goes wrong and they accidentally ding us for our park day instead of the party ticket.

I called guest services and that was pointless...the cast member told me we couldn't enter until 6pm and when I disputed that, she put me on hold. She came back and said that we could enter at 4pm, but no day guests are permitted after 4 pm, so the system will know we're using the party ticket. Then she tried to transfer me to internet support thinking I wanted to make sure my party tickets were linked to the Magicbands. :( Clearly she was really uninformed.

Can anyone give me any advice how to handle this? Is there any way to guarantee they charge the party ticket and not the day ticket if we enter early. Can we verify our day ticket is still available at guest services after we enter the party?

Sorry, being a veteran, I know I should know the answer to this, but I don't. We have always gotten hard tickets for the parties, even though we have a Magicband, but this time we didn't.

We are only stopping by for two days on our way to Mexico, with the main purpose of going to the party the day we arrive, and doing rope drop at AK the next day to experience Pandora. I'm concerned about entering using the Magicband because we won't have room for error the next morning if something goes wrong and they accidentally ding us for our park day instead of the party ticket.

I called guest services and that was pointless...the cast member told me we couldn't enter until 6pm and when I disputed that, she put me on hold. She came back and said that we could enter at 4pm, but no day guests are permitted after 4 pm, so the system will know we're using the party ticket. Then she tried to transfer me to internet support thinking I wanted to make sure my party tickets were linked to the Magicbands. :( Clearly she was really uninformed.

Can anyone give me any advice how to handle this? Is there any way to guarantee they charge the party ticket and not the day ticket if we enter early. Can we verify our day ticket is still available at guest services after we enter the party?

Enter the MVMCP line, to the right with signs, not the regular turnstiles.

Do you have a one day AK/DHS/EP ticket for your AK day? If so, that wouldn't even be valid for entry into MK.

Guys! I just got the email from Disney about insufficient tickets to support my FP selections. Ugh. I booked these at 60 days and we leave in 5. I thought I was in the clear. We have 3 park days and MVMCP which is our second day. I scheduled those FPs 4:05-5:05 and 5:15-6:00 hoping I wouldn't get flagged. Seems even though not everyone is getting flagged, they can send the email at any point. Anyone had any recent experience or updates about this? On hold with Disney now. Even the CM said "well you're not supposed to be able to make them but some people have been able to". It should be a yes or no thing!

Guys! I just got the email from Disney about insufficient tickets to support my FP selections. Ugh. I booked these at 60 days and we leave in 5. I thought I was in the clear. We have 3 park days and MVMCP which is our second day. I scheduled those FPs 4:05-5:05 and 5:15-6:00 hoping I wouldn't get flagged. Seems even though not everyone is getting flagged, they can send the email at any point. Anyone had any recent experience or updates about this? On hold with Disney now. Even the CM said "well you're not supposed to be able to make them but some people have been able to". It should be a yes or no thing!

OH NO! I am going to WDW specifically for the party, so I don't have any other tickets attached to my account right now and was able to make 3 FP+ reservations from 3:30 - 6:00. I hope they don't take them away!!!

Was there a long line?

I’m 5 days out too but luckily I haven’t gotten the dreaded email. My party day is my first Day. My fingers are crossed.

Has anyone heard of not being able to enter at 4:00 PM with just a party ticket? We currently have a 4:10 PM dinner reservation at Skipper Canteens. TIA.

Post #1- FastPass+
https://www.disboards.com/threads/mvmcp-and-scheduling-fp-4-6pm.3633529/page-12#post-58489736

:offtopic:

Finally, after waiting for what seemed like forever. I ordered my last pair of Minnie Ear Headbands on Saturday. I didn't think they would ever be released. :sad2:
Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 9.45.39 AM.png

I few weeks back, I posted about the BoG breakfast ADR I scored (later flight), couldn't be to picky about location & time, well maybe. So CP @ 8:20am opened up last week, I grabbed it, then I was thinking, gosh, so early on last night & need to to check-out/MDE, etc. Then post about 4 hour pick up now (no longer 3hr for DME), so no need for lunch ADR, but that was going to make me miss out on our 7DMT FP+. Then December park hours were increased, so more FP+ opened up, I was able to get it for a time that works in my 3hr frame, it will just be our 1st ride instead of last. So I guess we will be getting up early on our last day to check out, eat & enjoy a few rides. :santa:

And no, I will not pay the extra $60 for car service for extra hour for free service, especially since, we got a deal on airfare and changed from 7:15am to 5:15pm for $30 total. What was thinking about leaving @ 7:15am in the 1st place? Oh, yeah, $89. :rotfl2:

I know I should know this but please humor me: I chose to print my tickets at home. Can I request plastic cards tickets when I arrive at MK? I won't have Magic Bands so I won't be able to use my fastpass otherwise.

Interestingly enough, MDE is giving me the option to make another day of FP at any park even though I should be out of days. Maybe because of my party ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter