"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Moana only meet at the party or is there another place to meet her? My daughter wants to meet her and I️ don’t want to use the party time if possible. Thanks

Is there usually a long wait to meet Pooh and friends? Also, how about Scrooge McDuck or Santa Goofy? (I'm thinking we will likely just try to find Santa Goofy at AK, but if the line isn't bad at MK, I'd consider it.) What time do these characters come out, and what time would people suggest lining up? Thanks so much!

We have tickets for the party for 12/19. I have fastpasses for 4pm-6pm.

We were wanting to use our regular park ticket to check out HS that morning with no fastpasses.

Does anyone know if this will freak the system out? I don’t want to lose my MK fastpasses.

Is there usually a long wait to meet Pooh and friends? Also, how about Scrooge McDuck or Santa Goofy? (I'm thinking we will likely just try to find Santa Goofy at AK, but if the line isn't bad at MK, I'd consider it.) What time do these characters come out, and what time would people suggest lining up? Thanks so much!

We were there the first night and the pooh line was about 30 minutes. I didn't ask, but from looking at it I'd guess that Scrooge and Donald were at least twice that. We walked right up to meet Santa Goofy late in the night and only waiting 5 or 10 minutes. They were doing a great job of getting folks efficiently through the meet.

The journey begins at the Firehouse on Main Street, U.S.A., where you can pick up everything you need to play. This special event card will be distributed separately (and in addition to) the regular Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card packs you’re given at this location. Guests must register to play with their party ticket and event wristband in order to get one.
Time: 4:00pm - Midnight

2017 MNSSHP reports state guests w/wristbands could at anytime pick up the SotMK card @ MK Guest Services

I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences here. I'm noting that it says party guests can pick up the party card at guest services (as opposed to the fire house, I'm assuming?) Is that the case for the entire party, or just from 4:00- 7:00?
Also, what have the lines been like? I remember reading in a thread from a previous year that lines for the card were long at the beginning of the party? Is that still the case?

TIA!

Is Santa Goofy always at animal kingdom? I’ve seen were he’s in Disney Springs but not until after Christmas

Is Santa Goofy always at animal kingdom? I’ve seen were he’s in Disney Springs but not until after Christmas

I'm not sure - I just am going off of what I read from other posters on this thread. I've been keeping an eye on it for a few weeks now. Maybe someone could tell us a little more about the characters in Christmas attire at Animal Kingdom? It is my understanding that you can meet Mickey and Minnie together in holiday attire, Santa Goofy, and Pluto dressed as a reindeer. Where are they located in AK, and how are the waits?

I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences here. I'm noting that it says party guests can pick up the party card at guest services (as opposed to the fire house, I'm assuming?) Is that the case for the entire party, or just from 4:00- 7:00?
Also, what have the lines been like? I remember reading in a thread from a previous year that lines for the card were long at the beginning of the party? Is that still the case?

TIA!

Last year someone was standing outside in front of the firehouse from 4pm onwards. They gave you the special card after they made a mark on your party wrist band, indicating you already received your card. There were no lines when we were there last year.

THIS!!! I have no problem letting people hold spots so others can do what they want but I had this happen with Sandy Claws - waited 45 mins and then the guy in front of me suddenly had 8 people show up as it was their turn, but because they just showed up it was 10 mins of chatting and prepping before they started. It was my and DH like let us go quick at least.
So I’m hoping I don’t end up one of those people because I will have my 9 year old and 13 month old with me. I know 13 month old won’t be able to wait in too many lines so I’m sure when waiting for characters my Husband or I will go off with her (and I’m sure my 9 year old will want to go with them) and I will wait in line. I hope I don’t get stares when they join me. I’d never do it with adults or with 8 people but my baby can’t stay in lines for long.

Does anyone know when they start handing out the treats? (cookies, hot chocolate, etc.?) Is it 6 pm when the park closes? Or 7:00 pm when the party starts?

Sorry if this has already been answered - first MVMCP here. If we watch the second parade from Main Street, will we have time to make it to and watch the final Mickey's Most Merriest at the castle? Not sure how long it takes for the parade to pass you on Main Street.

Also - any suggestions on how to manage watching the fireworks & getting a spot on Main Street for the second parade? What time would we need to line up for the parade? Should we just stake out a spot and watch the fireworks from Main Street too?

We have tickets for the party for 12/19. I have fastpasses for 4pm-6pm.

We were wanting to use our regular park ticket to check out HS that morning with no fastpasses.

Does anyone know if this will freak the system out? I don’t want to lose my MK fastpasses.

Going into a different park won't affect your FP's at another park. :thumbsup2

We have always seen him at AK in the past and haven't heard that was changing. Goofy and Pluto were over by Dinoland.

I think that's part of the reason his line is so short at MVMCP since he can be met other places too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!