Official May 2018

After looking at it that is a Saturday, and Cinco de Mayo...maybe that's why? Still a 6 on the crowd calendar.

I have to say I am a little jealous of you going early May LOL just because your trip is sooner than mine :rotfl: I am getting anxious about fast pass selection, I still got about 2 weeks to go, and need it to be here so I can be done!

Those who have made fp's did you get what you wanted?
I actually did, or within about 5 to 10 mins of the time I wanted. Naturally once the 60th day hit I jumped on it and was rewarded. :yay:

Just got an email about AK hours changing for early May. Our AK day was initially listed as 9-9:30 with EMH in the morning, but now it's 8-10:30 with EMH. I don't normally curse, but I let a few slip with that one. I'm thankful for the extra time, but that's going to be a looooonnnnggg day.

All FP made! 60 days and counting. Didn't have any trouble getting what I wanted that being said I used the 90-day club level FP for FOP and SDMT. Doing a split stay starting at Poly (May 17th- May 22nd) and YC Club Level (May 22nd - May 27th). So excited!

Just booked for our girl's only trip! Got a great deal on airline tickets, so my daughter and I are going down for a 2 night trip to POP May 1-3! Hubby and son are staying home and my mom (who lives in FL) will be going with us for a couple days. Only doing EPCOT & MK but I don't even care! 2 days at WDW is better than nothing. :earsgirl:

Made our FP reservations this morning! I did notice that MK's hours are now showing it close at 10pm on the Sunday through Tuesday we are there. Still shows 9pm for the Saturday. Hoping that gets moved to midnight. Fingers crossed.

I made my FP+ selections yesterday! Ran into a bit of stress when, even 60 days out, no FOP were available for the days I wanted at first. I kept refreshing, though, and finally one popped up. WHEW! I'm happy with how my itinerary has shaped up!

Good for you!! What is your FOP day? My 60 day window is coming up, and we are doing AK on 60+2 and 60+6. Wondering how hard it may be for us to score FOP for those days.

Bottom Line Up Front: Especially if you can be flexible with morning vs. afternoon on your AK days, I'm certain you will be able to book them. Definitely on 60+6. Our trip is pretty quick so I didn't have a lot of flexibility with scheduling. I was also just surprised at the scarcity I encountered this far out!

Since we are staying at AKL this time, I was hoping to do AK on the day we arrive (so 60 days out, even) to minimize travelling around. From what I've read on here, and since I was only looking for afternoon/evening, I guess I just really wasn't expecting to see NO availability! It's not even supposed to be a bad day for that park - panic ensued. Barring that day, I was hoping for a morning time another day - 60+1 nada, and 60+2 no mornings (but there WERE still evenings available that day...not great for me though). All the while I was refreshing Sunday, which was my ideal time, and one finally appeared so I stopped looking. Now I'm more relaxed but counting down 59 sloooow days!

Bottom Line Up Front: Especially if you can be flexible with morning vs. afternoon on your AK days, I'm certain you will be able to book them. Definitely on 60+6. Our trip is pretty quick so I didn't have a lot of flexibility with scheduling. I was also just surprised at the scarcity I encountered this far out!

Since we are staying at AKL this time, I was hoping to do AK on the day we arrive (so 60 days out, even) to minimize travelling around. From what I've read on here, and since I was only looking for afternoon/evening, I guess I just really wasn't expecting to see NO availability! It's not even supposed to be a bad day for that park - panic ensued. Barring that day, I was hoping for a morning time another day - 60+1 nada, and 60+2 no mornings (but there WERE still evenings available that day...not great for me though). All the while I was refreshing Sunday, which was my ideal time, and one finally appeared so I stopped looking. Now I'm more relaxed but counting down 59 sloooow days!

Thank you! I will stay flexible! :) Hoping for mornings, but realize that is probably not going to happen (especially on 60+2). So glad you were able to refresh and get a time that worked for you! I agree - once FP picking is done, then the relaxation and LONG wait sets in! LOL

For morning slots you can tenetivly to plan a day they most likely will extend hours, like Saturday and catch when they add the new FPs or stalk that day for evening when others grab the morning slots.

Got our FPs today! I didn't get up right when they opened (because that would have been 4 am) but got everything we wanted. It does help when you are making plans for you and two preschoolers with one only being tall enough for the Speedway.

Got my FP's done too. Mixed feeling of relief and joy! Hard to describe to anyone outside the DIS. Glad you folks understand and came share in what I'm feeling. :)

I have 63 days til we leave and 4 days til fastpass day! My kids are getting so excited, ok I am not going to lie, we all are ready to go! They were watching Tim Tracker on youtube today and watching rides, food and more LOL they are a bit obsessed. I feel like this trip will be bittersweet though because it will most likely be our only trip for quite some time and I want to visit some other places too. I think it'll be at least 3-5 years after all the new stuff is open and been open for a bit. Ah well, that is part of the reason we planned a 13 day trip (10 park days) this time because it would be so long before we could go back.

Anyway, I am glad to hear you guys are getting fp's that you want, I am hoping we will get the same, the only one that is a must have at this point seems to be FOP. I keep hoping that TSM will open up fp's before we leave, but I am not real hopeful at this point. I guess we'll just rope drop and hope for the best. :D I still need to figure out what dining reservations we are going to keep. I think I am going to drop Liberty Tree Tavern and Yak and Yeti for sure, I am questionable on the BOG lunch. I signed up for *********** alerts for Beaches n Cream in hopes to get a last minute reservation for our trip. Fingers crossed!

My 8 yr old has mentioned she wanted to do BBB but a we are so close to our date now, I doubt I can get a reservation and b. it's not really in the budget I think I will have her wear a princess dress the morning we have CRT breakfast, do her hair in a bun and get her a tiara/crown to wear and do her makeup stuff in a style similar. I wonder if I can get a sash on ebay?? lol must check that out in a minute! Sounds like a good optional plan, right??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter