Official May 2018

Our FP day is tomorrow, I'm more nervous about it this time than ever before because of FoP. My plan is now to try and get the FoP FPs for 1 morning and then 1 evening, fingers crossed that works.

Bummed about TSM being stand by only while we are there. I love that ride, but no way will we stand in line for hours for it. Might try to RD it, but I think that will be even more insane than it usually is. I hope some of the bloggers will do some reports on it when it goes standby only in April.

61 long, long days to go!!!!

I just made mine today. I was on there at right at 6 am my time. There were plenty of FP for everything including FoP and Frozen. In fact there are still some available now. You should be fine just get on there as soon as you can. Good Luck!

Our FP day is tomorrow, I'm more nervous about it this time than ever before because of FoP. My plan is now to try and get the FoP FPs for 1 morning and then 1 evening, fingers crossed that works.

Bummed about TSM being stand by only while we are there. I love that ride, but no way will we stand in line for hours for it. Might try to RD it, but I think that will be even more insane than it usually is. I hope some of the bloggers will do some reports on it when it goes standby only in April.

61 long, long days to go!!!!

Ours is tomorrow too! I didn’t even know TSM was going stand by only, so thank you to this thread and giving me a heads up to revise my plans in advance. Mom2Stitch, here’s to a great week 61 days from now!

I just made mine today. I was on there at right at 6 am my time. There were plenty of FP for everything including FoP and Frozen. In fact there are still some available now. You should be fine just get on there as soon as you can. Good Luck!

That is great news and I'm relieved to hear that! I'll be on at 7AM sharp, when it's Disney related I don't sleep, lol. I texted DS today that I was going to get Frozen FPs instead of TT and he texted back in all caps NOOOO! So I guess no Frozen for me unless we can pick it up as a 4th. FoP is what is most important, so good to know it's not as hard to get as it use to be.

Ours is tomorrow too! I didn’t even know TSM was going stand by only, so thank you to this thread and giving me a heads up to revise my plans in advance. Mom2Stitch, here’s to a great week 61 days from now!

I'm hoping that it's a "quiet" week that falls in between holidays and school breaks, but recent crowd levels and waits are scary. No matter, we will be at Disney - still better than being home!

I hope you get everything you want tomorrow - Good Luck!

That is great news and I'm relieved to hear that! I'll be on at 7AM sharp, when it's Disney related I don't sleep, lol. I texted DS today that I was going to get Frozen FPs instead of TT and he texted back in all caps NOOOO! So I guess no Frozen for me unless we can pick it up as a 4th. FoP is what is most important, so good to know it's not as hard to get as it use to be.

I'm hoping that it's a "quiet" week that falls in between holidays and school breaks, but recent crowd levels and waits are scary. No matter, we will be at Disney - still better than being home!

I hope you get everything you want tomorrow - Good Luck!

Same, but whatever will be will be. Hopefully we’ll be pleasantly surprised :). I warned work I would be in late tomorrow because it was fast pass + day lol. Good luck right back atcha!

Rocketeer53: thanks for the encouraging report!

Joining this thread! Our FP day is next week, fingers crossed. We are doing one day per park so no second chances unfortunately!

Our fast pass day is just around the corner, and I feel like I've been training for a marathon, lol. But like my fellow May travelers, we will make the best of whatever we can - cause we're still at DISNEY!!:love:

All Fast Passes made! Plenty of times available for all that I was looking for and for the most part got the exact times I wanted. Now I can tinker with and finalize everything. Then the long wait begins, the last 60 days seems like the hardest part!

Hi guys! Newbie here, I'm taking my first ever Disney World trip May 13th - May 19th staying onsite at Fort Wilderness Cabins! I grew up in California with an annual pass so I was lucky enough to spend many days at Disneyland but since I moved to The South for work I decided it would be as good a time as any to visit the other US parks!

My Mom is joining us as she hasn't been to the world either. I spoke to a CM on the phone a while back and it looks like the only mother's day event they had planned at that time was a brunch in one of the Orleans resorts. It was too early since we're arriving that day so I planned a Mom + Daughter tea at the Grand Floridian instead on another day. One of the things I like about Disney is being able to still do amazing stuff even if you have to postpone a holiday!

I wanted to report that today is my 60th and I was able to get every fastpass I wanted at times I wanted! FoP was a little later, but I'm honestly just happy I got one at all! Definitely a different touring style than Disneyland but I like it a lot! I'm definitely a planner. That said, my plan is pretty loose since I only have the passes + a few ADRs since I'd also like to be flexible to seeing new things.

Phew, seems like I typed a lot. Thanks for reading and I have to say I love lurking this forum. You all are seriously amazing.

All Fast Passes made! Plenty of times available for all that I was looking for and for the most part got the exact times I wanted. Now I can tinker with and finalize everything. Then the long wait begins, the last 60 days seems like the hardest part!

Ours too! I booked FOP first and then had to juggle with the time at the very end to make my middle FP+ work, and had no problem shifting the time. I hope this means our week won't be crowded :).

Hi guys! Newbie here, I'm taking my first ever Disney World trip May 13th - May 19th staying onsite at Fort Wilderness Cabins! I grew up in California with an annual pass so I was lucky enough to spend many days at Disneyland but since I moved to The South for work I decided it would be as good a time as any to visit the other US parks!

My Mom is joining us as she hasn't been to the world either. I spoke to a CM on the phone a while back and it looks like the only mother's day event they had planned at that time was a brunch in one of the Orleans resorts. It was too early since we're arriving that day so I planned a Mom + Daughter tea at the Grand Floridian instead on another day. One of the things I like about Disney is being able to still do amazing stuff even if you have to postpone a holiday!

I wanted to report that today is my 60th and I was able to get every fastpass I wanted at times I wanted! FoP was a little later, but I'm honestly just happy I got one at all! Definitely a different touring style than Disneyland but I like it a lot! I'm definitely a planner. That said, my plan is pretty loose since I only have the passes + a few ADRs since I'd also like to be flexible to seeing new things.

Phew, seems like I typed a lot. Thanks for reading and I have to say I love lurking this forum. You all are seriously amazing.

We're also the same days as you are. Glad you were able to get the FP+ you wanted, plus the mom daughter tea sounds amazing!

Ours too! I booked FOP first and then had to juggle with the time at the very end to make my middle FP+ work, and had no problem shifting the time. I hope this means our week won't be crowded :).

We're also the same days as you are. Glad you were able to get the FP+ you wanted, plus the mom daughter tea sounds amazing!

Fingers crossed we won't get too many crowds! Also, hoping for nice weather but also preparing for the worst, lol. :D I'm super excited about tea, I've always wanted to check out the Grand Floridian and high tea is so much fun.

My wife is British, so tea is part of her daily life. We'll be going to the tea room on Sunday the 6th of May for tea and sandwiches. Should be fun !!!

Question: since my 60 days is here soon, I went onto MDE to look around, and the FP+ calendar only goes out 30 days, so May dates aren't even showing. I have resort reservations, so I should be able to reserve at 60 days. Is it only showing 30 days because I haven't reached my 60th day out yet? Will the May dates open up then? TIA

Question: since my 60 days is here soon, I went onto MDE to look around, and the FP+ calendar only goes out 30 days, so May dates aren't even showing. I have resort reservations, so I should be able to reserve at 60 days. Is it only showing 30 days because I haven't reached my 60th day out yet? Will the May dates open up then? TIA
Correct. At 7am EST exactly 60 days out your dates will open up.

ETA: the fp+ sticky thread, section “booking window” goes into more detail :). https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/

Last edited:
I have to say I am a little jealous of you going early May LOL just because your trip is sooner than mine :rotfl: I am getting anxious about fast pass selection, I still got about 2 weeks to go, and need it to be here so I can be done!

Those who have made fp's did you get what you wanted?

I have to say I am a little jealous of you going early May LOL just because your trip is sooner than mine :rotfl: I am getting anxious about fast pass selection, I still got about 2 weeks to go, and need it to be here so I can be done!

Yep! Everything I wanted at the general times I wanted :). Fop, fea, etc. The only one I didn’t try for is 7dmt, because we’re doing emm.

I will be there May 19-23rd! Daddy/daughter trip! Probably my last real trip with daughter before she goes away to college and doesn't want to hang out with her parents anymore. :)

Looking at the park openings and closings. Seeing that on Saturday the 19th that the MK is closed at 9pm. Disapointed in that. I figured MK would be a 11pm/midnight closing on a Saturday.

Hey all, joining in. Just booked a last minute short trip 5/6-5/9 yesterday. Staying at BWV. I booked our fast passes last night and even at 52 days, could not get FOP for any of our days at any time. :(. So, if you want to ride it, make sure you get that one first right at 60 days! Other than that, I agree with other posters, all of the other FP's were readily available for multiple times. I had no trouble getting anything else.
I'll be curious to see how TSMM stand by times are---no way do I want to wait in that line.

Yes and no issues with any of them :)

I will be there May 19-23rd! Daddy/daughter trip! Probably my last real trip with daughter before she goes away to college and doesn't want to hang out with her parents anymore. :)

Looking at the park openings and closings. Seeing that on Saturday the 19th that the MK is closed at 9pm. Disapointed in that. I figured MK would be a 11pm/midnight closing on a Saturday.

My DS is graduating college in May and his request was to go to Disney to celebrate. I bet she'll be happy to hang out with her parents at Disney!

Park hours might change, look again about mid-April for changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!