Official March Trip Reports

If you are anywhere near Topsail State Park, I HIGHLY recommend it. Probably the best Florida State Park ... at least in the Panhandle.

I agree 100%! We camped there several years ago and even though it was August and hot as blue blazes, but we loved it.

Check in March 26 for grandson's spring break. Unfortunately we have Florida Resident AP's that are blacked out for spring break, but we just plan to hang out at the Fort all week and enjoy it. Heading back home on March 31. The exciting news is that we'll be bringing our new golf cart to run around in!

Checking in on 3/23 and out on 3/31 full hook-up. First time during Spring Break proper, so hedging my bets by making sure all of my Fort reservations (Done the first day I could make reservations), Dining Reservations (Done) and Tickets (Done) are complete. Closing in on the 60 day mark for Fastpass+ ressies so will grab those as soon as possible.

Checking in on 3/23 and out on 3/31 full hook-up. First time during Spring Break proper, so hedging my bets by making sure all of my Fort reservations (Done the first day I could make reservations), Dining Reservations (Done) and Tickets (Done) are complete. Closing in on the 60 day mark for Fastpass+ ressies so will grab those as soon as possible.
Smart planning!

Thanks, though it still feels weird to make Fort reservations over a year (499 days) in advance. We are trying lots of new things for this trip:

-- Illuminations cruise
-- International Flower & Garden Festival
-- Rivers of Light Dining Package
-- Akershus Princess Breakfast
-- Be Our Guest Dinner

One thing we love about Disney is the variety of (new) things to do. Every trip is different. Can't wait for all the Star Wars stuff to start opening!

3/25-3/30 Basic Tent loop with our pop-up! Annual passholders, but our first time to Fort Wilderness. 9-yr. old really wanted to camp there. Now we're both excited about it too, albeit not looking forward to the long drive from MN. Plan on rope-dropping and doing a few things then returning and enjoying the campground for most of the day.
That's a short stay, but just long enough to hook you into The Fort. Enjoy!

3/25-3/30 Basic Tent loop with our pop-up! Annual passholders, but our first time to Fort Wilderness. 9-yr. old really wanted to camp there. Now we're both excited about it too, albeit not looking forward to the long drive from MN. Plan on rope-dropping and doing a few things then returning and enjoying the campground for most of the day.
We have to postpone our trip. It's just not in the cards this spring. Sorry to miss you all.
Now to cancel all my Fastpasses and golfcart reservation.

Looks like we should have lots of good trip reports for March. We are not doing any parks, just enjoying the Fort. My sister and her family have also planned a March trip, we will overlap one day, so we will get to visit with them and my niece and nephews for a while. Plan to decorate the cart for Easter, so a trip to the Dollar Tree is in order. For all those traveling, hope you have a safe and uneventful journey, for us, it's only 40 minutes, so not big travel plans for us.

Out FW trip ends on March 10,then 1345 miles back to the frozen tundra. We do, however, have to be thankful for 14 nights at the Fort.

Out FW trip ends on March 10,then 1345 miles back to the frozen tundra. We do, however, have to be thankful for 14 nights at the Fort.

We'll pull in on the 10th. Maybe we'll cross paths before you roll out.

On a another note, my DW has started to ramp up the vinyl machine and has started early development of shirts for our upcoming trip.

Me having a medical background I got my first one:
15175848238111469056807.jpg

Last edited:
tiggerdad We will be getting there March 10 also! Will look for that neat shirt... she could sell those... my husband and I both have a medical background also...

We had a couple days in the 40's this last week. I really wanted to take the cover off the camper and start to check everything out again but, this week we are suppose to get about 7 inches of snow. I already have 3 boxes of items to put in the camper, but I guess I better wait until early March to take the cover off.

Jaredjohn4,
We had into 60's today so I went out and opened mine up. Hooked up the water and pressurized it. Was afraid with the single degree temps we had in January that I might have some leaks.

I had blown it out with air compressor and put the RV antifreeze in the pea traps. Hooked up water and had 2 issues.

First, commode seal wasn't holding water in the bowl. Now, a lot of people think this means the seal needs to be replaced. Actually, it doesn't. You see a lot of YouTube videos on this saying that's what you need to do. Actually, with the water off, open the valve like you're flushing the toilet. With it open, spray the visible seal with Armor All tire foam cleaner and let it sit. After about an hour I bet it seals again.

Was told this by an old RV mechanic and I've done it three times and works like a charm. 6 year old camper and still on original seal. Give it a try.

Now, problem 2:
Water leak on input line to water heater.
IMAG0793.jpg
The leak was around that pitiful thread sealer stuff they use. After a few years it dries out and cracks, allowing water to leak. I took it out and cleaned it. Resealed it, but with sealing tape instead.
IMAG0794.jpg

No more leak.

Everything else seemed good. I can blow lines out again if we get colder than 25 or so between and go time.

I'll start cleaning it out and wash it in a few more weeks.

Well add me to the March list.

I had been looking for a Cast Member/Friends and Family discount during spring break since my daughter is a CM currently in the Disney College Program. But no discounts are needed during spring break time-hotels are pretty full. And momma said she was going to see her daughter during spring break come hell or high water so I booked a short trip for the two of us in the Aliner. In on Monday March 12 and out on Friday March 16 (4 nights). As FYI we also have an April trip at CBR and I have to schedule a May trip to move DD out of Disney housing when her DCP is over.

So an in-day, an out-day, and three full days probably means only one park day and doing things with DD on the others. I am paying $144 for a Tent/Popup site (that's WITH tax) a night; i could have gotten one of the All Stars for $42 more a night but passed. I know I will probably get stuck in 2000 loop but one can try/hope.

At least DD gets a CM discount on many TS restaurants including Trails End. So I see a TE breakfast and dinner in my future.

So count me in for March!

Bama Ed

Well, this a first with being at the Fort same time as Ed. I get to mark that off my bucket list. :dancer:

I guess he gets to watch me wander around looking for those initials in the concrete...:lmao:

Michael Thanks for tip on the potty seal got to file that one away Wish my Hot water heater was that accessible might have to go take a look once things warm up we are still in 20 to 40 range.

Ed hope your daughter is getting as much out of the program as you and the wife are. I bet we could get top dollar for a video of you playing Hot/Cold with Tiggerdad as he searches for the elusive initials

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!