**Official March 2018 Thread**

What's your favorite way to relax at Walt Disney World?

• Total voters
No issues getting everything I wanted on FPs...actually lots of options which was kind of surprising to me...I was expecting to have to just pick whatever but actually got everything that would fit the schedule I had created :)
Well that must be nice! I moved fop up to 10:50 but had to sacrifice my th ROL adr at 10:35. So now I’m trying to figure out what to do. If I can’t move our FP a little later than we will do th at 8:30 am (missing lunch but oh well).

Okay cool we’re going feb 27-March 4. That’s the same time we went last year and it was chilly in the morning/ night. But like I said, dh and I both got sun burnt and could’ve swam every day. We are from the Midwest so we go swimming if it’s 68-70 degrees.
We are there almost the same time frame! Thanks for the advice. I'm bringing shorts and jeans and some crop pants with sleeveless tops and a sweatshirt. I hate to carry the sweatshirt once it heats up, but I don't want to be cold either. So that means I either tie it around my waist or bring something to put it in. Decisions, decisions!

Did anyone notice that MK is open one hour later on Thursday March 1st? All the other days it closes at 8 p.m. It's not EMH or a party, it just closes one hour later. And....that is a non-park day for us...to late to change our schedule, just too challenging to change our ADR's and FP's to get that extra hour.

Did anyone notice that MK is open one hour later on Thursday March 1st? All the other days it closes at 8 p.m. It's not EMH or a party, it just closes one hour later. And....that is a non-park day for us...to late to change our schedule, just too challenging to change our ADR's and FP's to get that extra hour.
I just got an update from touring plans. Says Wednesday the 28th and Thursday the 1st will close at 9. Friday the 2nd will close at 10, and Saturday the 3rd will close at 11.

I just got an update from touring plans. Says Wednesday the 28th and Thursday the 1st will close at 9. Friday the 2nd will close at 10, and Saturday the 3rd will close at 11.
What....that would be so awesome! Is it not posted on the Disney site yet...I'm going to look. I would be sooooo happy!

They might change the hours as it gets closer. If they are expecting crowds, MK will open earlier and stay open later.
Tough for people who plan pre-park breakfasts.

We’re doing dah that night and it starts at 9 so I’m not surprised that they are keeping it open until 9. I’m happy about March 3 being until 11! That’s our second and last mk day besides dah.

We’re doing dah that night and it starts at 9 so I’m not surprised that they are keeping it open until 9. I’m happy about March 3 being until 11! That’s our second and last mk day besides dah.
So excited about the 11 p.m. closing on 3/3 too! That gives us another late time besides the EMH night, which is only till 10 p.m. at MK. We'll end up going from HS after Fantasmic to MK for that night!

So excited about the 11 p.m. closing on 3/3 too! That gives us another late time besides the EMH night, which is only till 10 p.m. at MK. We'll end up going from HS after Fantasmic to MK for that night!
We might see ya there without knowing it! lol

With the new closing times for MK, I sort of feel like we could change a couple things around, but unfortunately at this late date the selection of ADR's is very limited. I think we just have to stick to our plans even though some of our dinner's will prevent us from getting to those later hours. We've talked about this in the past, how dinner always seems to interfere with where we want to be and when. We talked about not making any dining reservations and just getting quick service and snacks for the entire trip. It's always so hard to plan when the closing times change. And we don't want to rush through our dinners, which is what we found ourselves doing, to get to other things. We have given up eating at the most of the resorts at night, as this definitely took way too much time. So now, we are eating in the parks or in a resort close enough to a park, on the monorail line, to save us time. If anyone has figured out the perfect plan...please let us know....LOL!

With the new closing times for MK, I sort of feel like we could change a couple things around, but unfortunately at this late date the selection of ADR's is very limited. I think we just have to stick to our plans even though some of our dinner's will prevent us from getting to those later hours. We've talked about this in the past, how dinner always seems to interfere with where we want to be and when. We talked about not making any dining reservations and just getting quick service and snacks for the entire trip. It's always so hard to plan when the closing times change. And we don't want to rush through our dinners, which is what we found ourselves doing, to get to other things. We have given up eating at the most of the resorts at night, as this definitely took way too much time. So now, we are eating in the parks or in a resort close enough to a park, on the monorail line, to save us time. If anyone has figured out the perfect plan...please let us know....LOL!
I think the plan I have for our mk day is pretty good. We are eating both lunch and dinner in the park. Our dinner starts at 5:30ish so doesn’t interfere with the changed closing time. I’m so excited that it will be open until 11 pm now! It’s our last day before we leave so an awesome night for us and our niece!

I tend to do similar things. My group requires breaks, especially during the afternoon hours and extreme heat (which could happen in March).

My plan of attack is usually go in for the morning, do something standby, use all my FP+, book a FP+ for later, have a nice ADR in the park, and leave for a break. I either then have a dinner at my resort or whichever park I am hopping to or plan on being at for a night time FP+ or show. It is not perfect during slow seasons where the park hours can be 9pm, but with 11pm closures, it works better.

So, I haven't even begun to keep up with this thread but I figure it is time to jump back in so I don't miss any park hour updates that come along. It looks like so far, only the first few days have changed since the first-draft hours came out, is that right? We're going to be in WDW March 4 to 9 so of course I'm hoping for the hours to be extended that week too!

I can't say it's perfect but I will say for our family with little ones we enjoy ADR's for lunch rather than dinner. We move hard in the morning and by 11 or 11:30 are ready to sit down for a bit. We usually break mid-day so doing dinner ADR's don't make much sense as the kids are ready to go in the evening and the last thing they want is to sit down for 2 hours.

So, I haven't even begun to keep up with this thread but I figure it is time to jump back in so I don't miss any park hour updates that come along. It looks like so far, only the first few days have changed since the first-draft hours came out, is that right? We're going to be in WDW March 4 to 9 so of course I'm hoping for the hours to be extended that week too!

I think our chances are good that closing times at least at MK will change. We are going Mar 4-10 and if you look at the hours that did change in the last release, it was basically everything before our week. And if you look at prior year hours for late February MK still closed at 8pm but this year they did extend until 9 or even later. So I would fully expect them to do that for early March, especially as spring breaks start up the weekend of Mar 9.

I think the plan I have for our mk day is pretty good. We are eating both lunch and dinner in the park. Our dinner starts at 5:30ish so doesn’t interfere with the changed closing time. I’m so excited that it will be open until 11 pm now! It’s our last day before we leave so an awesome night for us and our niece!
Great this worked out perfect for you! Our minor problem is we booked BOG to close to HEA to be able to see it. And...the one other night we can see it will be our last night, which doesn't give us any back-up if it rains. So....we are looking to change our ADR but having no luck getting anything in MK for EMH. We may just keep it and fingers crossed for no rain on Sunday night.

I was hoping MK would extend hours for March 4th, Sunday. It's still closing at 8 p.m. so far.

Great this worked out perfect for you! Our minor problem is we booked BOG to close to HEA to be able to see it. And...the one other night we can see it will be our last night, which doesn't give us any back-up if it rains. So....we are looking to change our ADR but having no luck getting anything in MK for EMH. We may just keep it and fingers crossed for no rain on Sunday night.
Last year we were there at that time of year for a week and it didn’t rain once. Same with the year before. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen. Maybe we just got lucky.

We are going to be at Kidani from 3/26 - 30! First time visiting this AKL, cannot wait! We have a savannah view, 1 bedroom - any recommendations on room requests for view? My grandsons are 6 and 8.

Finally finished doing up our schedule. I like to have a paper visual, especially because we have to overlap FP times. My daughter likes to hang it in her room so she can just look at it quick for the day, otherwise I think she'll use her phone. We are all getting pretty pumped!

I take pictures of the schedule and then set them as the wallpaper on my phone.

FP day Tuesday :thumbsup2 Trying for FOP on 3 days as my DS15 absolutely loves it and only rode once last trip. I have to make FP's for 2 clients that morning also, so need to rely on DH to do ours correctly lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter