**Official March 2018 Thread**

What's your favorite way to relax at Walt Disney World?

• Total voters
We're going March 10-18 as it's my oldest daughter's spring break week from college ---- many colleges have that week off so you might see an uptick in crowds because of it.

I was there the first week of March 2016 with my youngest and it was fabulous! And then my oldest daughter flew in for the second week of March and the crowds were MUCH worse.

We're going March 10-18 as it's my oldest daughter's spring break week from college ---- many colleges have that week off so you might see an uptick in crowds because of it.

I was there the first week of March 2016 with my youngest and it was fabulous! And then my oldest daughter flew in for the second week of March and the crowds were MUCH worse.
We went last year and this year during the first two weeks of March and both were great! It explains why we will again be going that first week of March next year.

I wasn't tracking those dates so cant tell if anything changed. The overall crowd levels are 3, 5, 5 and 7 for those days.
Geez a 7 is kind of high for the first week of March. I guess it's on the weekend, but oh well. I'm not going to get all stressed out about it. Thank you for checking!

We’re coming for a short trip March 26-29. Staying at POP. I’m looking for strategies to survive the crowds that will ensue. Can’t wait!

We’re coming for a short trip March 26-29. Staying at POP. I’m looking for strategies to survive the crowds that will ensue. Can’t wait!
Get to the parks at least an hour early and you will walk on to most rides.

Get to the parks at least an hour early and you will walk on to most rides.
That’s what my daughter tells me....she’s the Disney expert in the family. We will go to all the xtra magic hours in the a.m. We are going Feb. 28th to March 5th. Does anyone know what the weather is likely to be?

That’s what my daughter tells me....she’s the Disney expert in the family. We will go to all the xtra magic hours in the a.m. We are going Feb. 28th to March 5th. Does anyone know what the weather is likely to be?
That's almost exactly when we will be there! We're going Feb 27-March 4. When we went at that time this year it was chilly in the morning and hot during the afternoon. It was much hotter than I thought it would be because DH got his neck burnt even after putting sun screen on. We are from the Midwest so aren't used to hot temperatures in February/March. We just wear shorts and a tshirt with a light jacket that way when it gets warm we can take our jacket off during the day. I also pack one pair of sweatpants and one pair of jeans.

I feel like Disney weather is just very unpredictable.

Last year from 3/5 - 3/11 there were some afternoons that felt like weather I have had in Florida in July. I just got back from a very small December trip and the first day I had a jacket on and the last day I was in shorts and flip flops. I was also told the week prior there was frost on some of the makeshift bridges at Coronado Springs and they had to be closed. All over the place!!

I like to bring a variety of options for extreme heat or some cooler mornings and nights, especially if I am going to be taking boats early or late or watching shows on the water later at night.

That's almost exactly when we will be there! We're going Feb 27-March 4. When we went at that time this year it was chilly in the morning and hot during the afternoon. It was much hotter than I thought it would be because DH got his neck burnt even after putting sun screen on. We are from the Midwest so aren't used to hot temperatures in February/March. We just wear shorts and a tshirt with a light jacket that way when it gets warm we can take our jacket off during the day. I also pack one pair of sweatpants and one pair of jeans.
I wasn't thinking shorts AT ALL...so it could actually be hot?

I feel like Disney weather is just very unpredictable.

Last year from 3/5 - 3/11 there were some afternoons that felt like weather I have had in Florida in July. I just got back from a very small December trip and the first day I had a jacket on and the last day I was in shorts and flip flops. I was also told the week prior there was frost on some of the makeshift bridges at Coronado Springs and they had to be closed. All over the place!!

I like to bring a variety of options for extreme heat or some cooler mornings and nights, especially if I am going to be taking boats early or late or watching shows on the water later at night.
Wow...so very diverse clothing options....got to really think about this...thanks.

I wasn't thinking shorts AT ALL...so it could actually be hot?
Oh, I would definitely bring shorts if I were you. We went swimming one morning at like 10:30 or 11 and I got sunburnt because it was that hot. I think there was maybe one day that I wore pants. BUT, like I said we are from the Midwest so I will start wearing shorts when it gets to about 55 or 60 here. Some people in the South would think I'm crazy for doing that so that might change your mind some. It gets cold in the morning with shorts, but I don't regret it by afternoon.

So excited for my first trip back in over 20 years :)! I'm bringing my daughter (7.5) with me for her first trip ever! We are there 3/6-3/13 and staying at POR in a royal room. I've had so much fun planning, I can't wait to surprise her on Christmas morning with the news....she has been asking to go for years!

So excited for my first trip back in over 20 years :)! I'm bringing my daughter (7.5) with me for her first trip ever! We are there 3/6-3/13 and staying at POR in a royal room. I've had so much fun planning, I can't wait to surprise her on Christmas morning with the news....she has been asking to go for years!
Priceless! I'm excited for her. Merry Christmas!

That’s so exciting! We get to tell our niece on Christmas Eve during the day! 2 more days!!

That’s so exciting! We get to tell our niece on Christmas Eve during the day! 2 more days!!

How are you all planning to tell them? I still need to come up with a plan. My oldest of 4 is 8 and the only reader so far so I thought he could lead them on a scavenger hunt around the house that takes them to a countdown poster. This will be their 4th trip (spoiled!) so they will recognize the poster and know what it means.

How are you all planning to tell them? I still need to come up with a plan. My oldest of 4 is 8 and the only reader so far so I thought he could lead them on a scavenger hunt around the house that takes them to a countdown poster. This will be their 4th trip (spoiled!) so they will recognize the poster and know what it means.
My nephew wrapped a backpack last Christmas, with a Disney character on it. When she opened it, he said you're going to need that. She said for what. He said...for our Disney trip!

I bought a Minnie tsum tsum balloon that I'm going to have in a large box. I also have small box that goes with it that has a magicband, the kids guide to WDW and a luggage tag in there. I can't decide which order to have her open them haha. I also bought a graphic off of Etsy that has the Mickey hands and says "This girl is going to Disney". I thought about writing on the back that she gets to go and taking a progression of pictures. I have too many ideas and so little time to decide lol!! Let me know what you decide to do, a scavenger hunt sounds so fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!