***Official June 2018***

We are finally official. Our DVC contract closed a few weeks ago and we got our member number and points a little over a week ago. We booked immediately for Sun 6/3-Thurs 6/7. Just a short mostly resort only trip with one MK day (Tues June 5). We plan to hit Top of the World Lounge one night to view HEA, Sanaa one night (my DH's fave of last trip), Hoop Dee Doo, WCC for breakfast one morning (we did dinner this year), Disney Springs, rent a water craft possibly, pool time, the campfire/movie one night possibly and just checking out the resort.

We might be seeing you there at that time. My son was asking when we could stay at the villas there so might as well go for it!

It's official! POR is booked from June 1 - 12. We'd be perfectly happy staying there the whole time, but if the AP discounts are good, we'll probably do a split with BWI in CL. We love YC a LOT, but both of us want to try something new, and 99% of what I hear about BWI's club level has been awesome.

This will be the longest trip we've taken, and I'm SO excited about having extra time for Disney Springs, renting a boat on Crescent Lake, and just not feeling pressure to GET IT ALL DONE RIGHT NOW OR ELSE. :thumbsup2

We're planning a trip with my daughter's dance studio on June 21. I've never gone with a group like this before and I don't know what to expect. We're staying at Coronado springs.

So sorry if this has already been mentioned.

There used to be a thread somewhere called something like, "When do the park hours come out for (insert month and year)." However, I can't seem to find this thread anymore. So... does anyone know when the park hours come out for June 2018?

There used to be a thread somewhere called something like, "When do the park hours come out for (insert month and year)." However, I can't seem to find this thread anymore. So... does anyone know when the park hours come out for June 2018?

I'd have to guess its because hours really aren't finalized until a couple weeks, even days, beforehand. But I did a search and found some answers for you:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-far-out-do-they-release-park-hours-and-event-times.3630599/

I do tend to rely upon historical hours, I use Kenny the Pirate as a resource. There's also last year's TA calendar until it gets updated for next year at around 6 months out.

I'd have to guess its because hours really aren't finalized until a couple weeks, even days, beforehand. But I did a search and found some answers for you:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-far-out-do-they-release-park-hours-and-event-times.3630599/

I do tend to rely upon historical hours, I use Kenny the Pirate as a resource. There's also last year's TA calendar until it gets updated for next year at around 6 months out.
Yes, initial hours are about 6.5 months out so, I'm assuming, dining ressies can be made. But it is usually about mid month the month before (so mid May-ish for June) when mostly final hours are released. They can update day of but that hasn't happened for us.

There has been a trend of less open/late hours in June (or summer in general) so historical info is good to look at but it may not be accurate. I'd hope they wouldn't close any earlier than they did this past summer but ya never know.

Yes, initial hours are about 6.5 months out so, I'm assuming, dining ressies can be made. But it is usually about mid month the month before (so mid May-ish for June) when mostly final hours are released. They can update day of but that hasn't happened for us.

There has been a trend of less open/late hours in June (or summer in general) so historical info is good to look at but it may not be accurate. I'd hope they wouldn't close any earlier than they did this past summer but ya never know.

Yeah that's true, I never really worry about closing hours personally. If it's late and we feel like staying great, if not back to the resort. The opening hours/EMH can make a difference, that's what I suggest people watch for the most.

Yeah that's true, I never really worry about closing hours personally. If it's late and we feel like staying great, if not back to the resort. The opening hours/EMH can make a difference, that's what I suggest people watch for the most.
We do the midday break thing so we hit opening and stay fairly late. Not always right to closing but not much before. Our best night this year was the one 11pm MK close that we got. We had already done the dessert party and watched HEA on our previous MK night, so this was just a bunch of nighttime rides! My favorite time in the parks is night. We ended it with a ride on Astro Orbiter so we could see all the lights. Absolutely stunning!

We do the midday break thing so we hit opening and stay fairly late. Not always right to closing but not much before. Our best night this year was the one 11pm MK close that we got. We had already done the dessert party and watched HEA on our previous MK night, so this was just a bunch of nighttime rides! My favorite time in the parks is night. We ended it with a ride on Astro Orbiter so we could see all the lights. Absolutely stunning!

We do that as well, but I don't really worry too much about closing times until later on. I'm finding as time goes along, we have a hard time doing both so we focus either on early mornings or late nights. This next time I do want to gravitate more toward the later nights at MK whenever possible. But I'm not gonna make any firm evening plans until at the earliest a couple weeks out. It'll likely depend on combinations of EMH and where we can get FP for later in the day.

Planning on a trip 6/6 to 6/15. We will be visiting during Thanksgiving week so hoping for a room BB discount so we can make a reservation. Fingers crossed for a CSR/WL split stay.

Planning on a trip 6/6 to 6/15. We will be visiting during Thanksgiving week so hoping for a room BB discount so we can make a reservation. Fingers crossed for a CSR/WL split stay.

Good luck on your discount and welcome aboard!

Hi! Just decided today that we're going June 6-10. Quick trip with me, my mom, DS and my nephew. Not sure where we're staying yet but I'll update when I book. :) Woo hoo!

ETA: Booked at All Star Sports this morning. Happy Dance!!

Last edited:
Hi! Just decided today that we're going June 6-10. Quick trip with me, my mom, DS and my nephew. Not sure where we're staying yet but I'll update when I book. :) Woo hoo!

ETA: Booked at All Star Sports this morning. Happy Dance!!

Awesome! Glad you're with us, welcome aboard!

Roxyfire, I need an update! I just bought the plane tickets, which I know sounds insane, but I've been watching fares, and the flights I really wanted went WAY up and have stayed up for weeks. They ain't coming down. BUT, the flights I considered runners-up dropped, and I decided to go for it (they're actually a little less than the ones I bought for our trip next month). SO, we're going to be at POR from June 2 - 6, and (hopefully) BWI CL June 7 - 12.

This is probably for the best. The original plan was to fly out the evening of June 1 after DS's last day of school. We would have landed around 8:30pm, then once at POR (10:00pm? 10:30pm?) wouldn't have had time to do anything, and I'd be pacing the floor, waiting for the Owner's Locker, groceries, and eventually the luggage to be delivered (1:00am? 2:00am?). And of course neither one of us would be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed the next morning. Now that I've typed this out, I realize it would soooooo NOT have been a magical start to our trip. :darth:

This way, we spend the night at an airport hotel on the 1st, and have ample time in the morning for my favorite pre-WDW Trip ritual: mimosas at the United Club.:dance3:Only 221 days to go!!! :stitch::tigger::mickeyjum

Roxyfire, I need an update! I just bought the plane tickets, which I know sounds insane, but I've been watching fares, and the flights I really wanted went WAY up and have stayed up for weeks. They ain't coming down. BUT, the flights I considered runners-up dropped, and I decided to go for it (they're actually a little less than the ones I bought for our trip next month). SO, we're going to be at POR from June 2 - 6, and (hopefully) BWI CL June 7 - 12.

This is probably for the best. The original plan was to fly out the evening of June 1 after DS's last day of school. We would have landed around 8:30pm, then once at POR (10:00pm? 10:30pm?) wouldn't have had time to do anything, and I'd be pacing the floor, waiting for the Owner's Locker, groceries, and eventually the luggage to be delivered (1:00am? 2:00am?). And of course neither one of us would be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed the next morning. Now that I've typed this out, I realize it would soooooo NOT have been a magical start to our trip. :darth:

This way, we spend the night at an airport hotel on the 1st, and have ample time in the morning for my favorite pre-WDW Trip ritual: mimosas at the United Club.:dance3:Only 221 days to go!!! :stitch::tigger::mickeyjum

I'll get you updated! And, I know how you feel. No sense in trying to make an arrival day work that isn't gonna work. I locked in my Southwest Fare for the trip down, and I'm hoping the trip for the boy over to Memphis is at a somewhat reasonable time. So I might be you, but on the reverse! Also we gotta chat about that Star Wars VR experience...

I'll get you updated! And, I know how you feel. No sense in trying to make an arrival day work that isn't gonna work. I locked in my Southwest Fare for the trip down, and I'm hoping the trip for the boy over to Memphis is at a somewhat reasonable time. So I might be you, but on the reverse!
I know so many people in Houston use Southwest, but its airport is on the other side of town from our house, and they NEVER seem to have flights that work for us. United's airport is much more convenient, and with a guaranteed seat, for us, it's just worth the extra money.
Also we gotta chat about that Star Wars VR experience...
Oh, if that sucker is still at Disney Springs we are ALL OVER IT!!! :darth::chewy::darth::chewy::darth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter