***Official June 2018***

Okay, major change to plans (that could still change again.) Definitely staying offsite, but most likely flying. The consensus is that it's just too darn far to drive, and stopping at the halfway point means fewer days we could spend in Disney/Universal. Found a great deal on a Windsor Hills condo and will probably rent a car to get around. Really excited because in addition to WDW we'll be paying our first visit to Universal and maybe Legoland.

Sounds like a good plan! Universal is great fun, never been to Legoland but I'm sure it's great too!

I'm back!!! A year earlier than expected! Basically I got my husband hooked on Disney...which was one of my main goals for our 2017 trip! We are currently in the process of buying a DVC resale contract at Wilderness Lodge so I can't book anything until it goes through but it should go through in September, which would still be 9 months out, so hopefully we will be okay. This trip will be a shorter trip because we need to save some of our 2018 points to use in 2019, so we are doing only 4 nights and it will be mostly a resort only trip, with just one day at MK. Basically we were supposed to go to the beach, which is a cheaper trip, and use our vacation (tax refund) money for home repairs so we can't go all out this trip. Besides, it will be nice checking out our new "home"!

So, basically, we are tentative for Sunday 6/3 - Thursday 6/7! Planning to book Hoop Dee Doo, maybe do a boat rental, do the campfire and movie at WL, do WCC for breakfast or dinner (again), maybe some mini-golf, ToTWL, lots of pool time, and Disney Springs (maybe Homecomin').

YAY!!!

I'm back!!! A year earlier than expected! Basically I got my husband hooked on Disney...which was one of my main goals for our 2017 trip! We are currently in the process of buying a DVC resale contract at Wilderness Lodge so I can't book anything until it goes through but it should go through in September, which would still be 9 months out, so hopefully we will be okay. This trip will be a shorter trip because we need to save some of our 2018 points to use in 2019, so we are doing only 4 nights and it will be mostly a resort only trip, with just one day at MK. Basically we were supposed to go to the beach, which is a cheaper trip, and use our vacation (tax refund) money for home repairs so we can't go all out this trip. Besides, it will be nice checking out our new "home"!

So, basically, we are tentative for Sunday 6/3 - Thursday 6/7! Planning to book Hoop Dee Doo, maybe do a boat rental, do the campfire and movie at WL, do WCC for breakfast or dinner (again), maybe some mini-golf, ToTWL, lots of pool time, and Disney Springs (maybe Homecomin').

YAY!!!

Awesome! I'm 90% sure we'll be switching to the Poly at 7 months. But we'll have BRV and CCV as our second and third options if it's necessary. So glad you'll be able to use those points so soon!

We're in! June 16 - 23 @ OKW. Just booked it yesterday since we were in our 11 month window. Only 330 days to go!

Last edited:

We are booked. Our dates for 2018 are June 18-25. We will be staying at BLT. This will be our first time staying for a week. So excited.

We are booked. Our dates for 2018 are June 18-25. We will be staying at BLT. This will be our first time staying for a week. So excited.

Welcome aboard! I like staying a full week! Lots of opportunities to take a slower pace but have great experiences too!

I don't suppose there's a Facebook group for June 2018 planners? Or any plans to start one?

I don't suppose there's a Facebook group for June 2018 planners? Or any plans to start one?
I'm a member of one. Its been around awhile and every year after June, they change it to the next year. Disney June 2018.

We are not booked yet but planning on the end of June 2018. Not sure on the number of nights or resort(s) though! My tentative dates are June 18-July 1. I would like to do 5 nights Poly/8 nights BC, but I think DH has Pop in mind for part of the trip, so we'll see what I can talk him into!

Okay, here is an officially unofficial update:

WHO: Me, DW, DS15, DD10 (ages as of travel date)
WHEN: June 1-10, 2018
WHERE: Staying offsite at a Windsor Hills condo
TENTATIVE ITINERARY:
6/1 - Flying in to MCO out of Dallas Love Field. Time TBA. Renting a car. Dinner and shopping as Disney Springs if there is time.
6/2 - MK day. DD will probably do BBB. QS Lunch at Pinocchio's. Dinner most likely offsite or at condo (full kitchen ya know)
6/3 - EPCOT day. Not going to miss Soarin' this time. Afraid the kids might get bored with WS (other than the Frozen ride,) so I'm considering taking them back to the condo and hiring KNO to watch them while DW and I return to WS for a grown-up date night. Might make an ADR somewhere nice for dinner.
6/4 - HS day. This big 49 yr old kid will of course have to see and do all the Star Wars stuff (that he's not too old for:teeth:) Lunch at Pizza Rizzo's or somewhere. Must do the Chase Visa Star Wars character meet. Can't wait to ride ToT again!! Dinner most likely offsite or at condo.
6/5 - AK day. See all the cool new Avatar stuff possible. Didn't spend a full day here last time but we will definitely stay longer this time. Kids want Rainforest Cafe so we'll probably ADR that for dinner, then leave.
6/6 - MK again. It always takes two days to get everything in that we want here. Been thinking about trying to eat at BOG, but not sure the kids will like the food.
6/7 - USO/IOA day. Our first time here. I think we'll spend this day trying to see and do all the Harry Potter stuff in both parks.
6/8 - USO/IOA/VB day. Do anything we might have missed before. We might try to work in some time at VB as well.
6/9 - Make the long drive to Legoland. The kids love the Lego discovery center in our neck of the woods, so they want to do the real deal now. May have to find lunch elsewhere because I gather that Legoland food is horrible.
6/10 - Head to MCO and turn in rental car. Catch flight and return to Texas and "Face stupid reality again!" - Homer J. Simpson

Okay, here is an officially unofficial update:

WHO: Me, DW, DS15, DD10 (ages as of travel date)
WHEN: June 1-10, 2018
WHERE: Staying offsite at a Windsor Hills condo
TENTATIVE ITINERARY:
6/1 - Flying in to MCO out of Dallas Love Field. Time TBA. Renting a car. Dinner and shopping as Disney Springs if there is time.
6/2 - MK day. DD will probably do BBB. QS Lunch at Pinocchio's. Dinner most likely offsite or at condo (full kitchen ya know)
6/3 - EPCOT day. Not going to miss Soarin' this time. Afraid the kids might get bored with WS (other than the Frozen ride,) so I'm considering taking them back to the condo and hiring KNO to watch them while DW and I return to WS for a grown-up date night. Might make an ADR somewhere nice for dinner.
6/4 - HS day. This big 49 yr old kid will of course have to see and do all the Star Wars stuff (that he's not too old for:teeth:) Lunch at Pizza Rizzo's or somewhere. Must do the Chase Visa Star Wars character meet. Can't wait to ride ToT again!! Dinner most likely offsite or at condo.
6/5 - AK day. See all the cool new Avatar stuff possible. Didn't spend a full day here last time but we will definitely stay longer this time. Kids want Rainforest Cafe so we'll probably ADR that for dinner, then leave.
6/6 - MK again. It always takes two days to get everything in that we want here. Been thinking about trying to eat at BOG, but not sure the kids will like the food.
6/7 - USO/IOA day. Our first time here. I think we'll spend this day trying to see and do all the Harry Potter stuff in both parks.
6/8 - USO/IOA/VB day. Do anything we might have missed before. We might try to work in some time at VB as well.
6/9 - Make the long drive to Legoland. The kids love the Lego discovery center in our neck of the woods, so they want to do the real deal now. May have to find lunch elsewhere because I gather that Legoland food is horrible.
6/10 - Head to MCO and turn in rental car. Catch flight and return to Texas and "Face stupid reality again!" - Homer J. Simpson

Sounds like a great start! If you're worried about the 10 year old getting bored, she could try the Phineas and Ferb missions. They're really fun and definitely take up enough time that you can go and find yourself a drink or shop around the pavilion. Maybe let the 15 year old supervise if he's up to it? Also are you thinking Be Our Guest for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? I've never had breakfast or dinner but the lunch is great. Everything sounds kinda fancy but they can leave off the sauces (like on the ham sandwich). Personally I really love the slow roasted pork. It's really got a great flavor and it's just some pork, pan drippings type gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans. The child's portion is somewhat small but that one doesn't have the gravy on it at all. I've also tried the ham sandwich (minus the bechamel) and it was just like it should be! Ham, crunchy bread, melty cheese. The cupcakes are amazing, almost worth the $5. Maybe split a couple, they're very rich.

I love Universal and 2 days is really perfect. We were there for 3.5 days and we got a little tired of the crowds and heat. Since you won't have the early entry, consider trying to close out near Diagon Alley, it's really spectacular in the dark and not overly busy then. We just sat at a bench with some ice cream and enjoyed the ambiance of the whole place.

Sounds like a great start! If you're worried about the 10 year old getting bored, she could try the Phineas and Ferb missions. They're really fun and definitely take up enough time that you can go and find yourself a drink or shop around the pavilion. Maybe let the 15 year old supervise if he's up to it? Also are you thinking Be Our Guest for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? I've never had breakfast or dinner but the lunch is great. Everything sounds kinda fancy but they can leave off the sauces (like on the ham sandwich). Personally I really love the slow roasted pork. It's really got a great flavor and it's just some pork, pan drippings type gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans. The child's portion is somewhat small but that one doesn't have the gravy on it at all. I've also tried the ham sandwich (minus the bechamel) and it was just like it should be! Ham, crunchy bread, melty cheese. The cupcakes are amazing, almost worth the $5. Maybe split a couple, they're very rich.

I love Universal and 2 days is really perfect. We were there for 3.5 days and we got a little tired of the crowds and heat. Since you won't have the early entry, consider trying to close out near Diagon Alley, it's really spectacular in the dark and not overly busy then. We just sat at a bench with some ice cream and enjoyed the ambiance of the whole place.

Last time in EPCOT, DD was 6 and started whining about wanting to go back to the room after only a few minutes in WS. But who knows, she just might go for the Phineas & Ferb thing. DS can help keep an eye on her if we can get him to look up from his phone long enough :joker:
As for BOG, I think I looked at their lunch menu and it has a turkey sandwich. Both of the kids love turkey sandwiches as long as there isn't anything but meat, cheese, and mayo or maybe ranch. It may be too hard to get an ADR for it anyway. Have to think about it.

Officially booked a mother/daughter trip at BWV (rented points through a member on these boards) for May 29-June 5!
I'm waiting until Christmas to surprise DD that we're going. It's going to be so hard to not tell her and I'll have to plan in secret until then. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter