***Official June 2018***

Everyone should go watch the Dis Unplugged guys review Garden Grill breakfast. Even Pete was impressed and he said came into it with a few bad experiences under his belt. I think that cinnamon roll might've changed things a bit.
I listened to the podcast, and if he hadn't loved it, my heart would have been broken into tiny pieces. When he said the cinnamon roll was a "deal breaker" (although he clearly meant deal maker), I was glad, because that meant I could continue to listen to the podcasts, instead of casting him into obscurity like I've been forced to do with some other negative nellies (lookin' at YOU, Radio Harambe).

I listened to the podcast, and if he hadn't loved it, my heart would have been broken into tiny pieces. When he said the cinnamon roll was a "deal breaker" (although he clearly meant deal maker), I was glad, because that meant I could continue to listen to the podcasts, instead of casting him into obscurity like I've been forced to do with some other negative nellies (lookin' at YOU, Radio Harambe).

I was pleasantly surprised! And Ryno/Steve had a good time at Tusker House lunch (I think? Could've been dinner I guess) and that looked so good too. I'm hoping 10:30 is late enough to get a bit of lunch sampling too!

I got a discount!!! I'm not even sure how it worked or why it's so much, but I'm not questioning it!! I've been calling all the time since the March 7th discount ended trying to see if I had a PIN/UOC and nada...

so I call yesterday and I get a great (guy) agent and he looked for a PIN/UOC and nothing..still...then he says, let me look for other discounts I can apply to your reservation...I knew to not hold my breath - we have booked at WL-BR in a 2 br villa and I haven't been able to find one agent who can apply a discount to that - the discounts do not exclude a 2 br but they DO exclude a 3 br but for some reason the discounts are just NOT applicable for my reservation - which is fine - I'm trying to be patient and wait out something better..

AND the current discount is through June 10th and my reservation is June 8-14th so it would only apply for the first few days..

a little backstory -I made a $700 payment on Friday and then I cashed in $100 from Shopkick into Disney gift cards and applied those to my balance - which was then at $5,700 and change...(I know, I know..and it's only half paid off!! But I'm waiting for more discounts before I fully pay it off)

so, I was sitting at 5,734.92 left to pay by May 9th...

I'm on hold forever for this guy....and he comes back and says "I GOT IT! I got you a little discount applied to your reservation - it's not much, like $60-70 but it's something, right??" HECK YES! I'll take it - I just wanted to say I had some sort of a discount, right??

I questioned that he had everything the same - 2 br villa @ Boulder Creek, Deluxe Dining, 7 day park hopper with insurances, etc..and he says YES!

so I hang up and log back into my account a little later and WHAT do I see??? My new balance due by May 9th: $5,268.02 - WHAT?? that's a $466.90 savings!!! Yes sir, I'll take it!! I know it' not a lot and I'm hoping for more, but that's a start!!

I think what made it more was the discount also included a day of free hopper tickets if you bought 5 days and we were having 7 days so it's a discount on the first few night AND a day of free hopper tickets for 4 adults..

WAHOOO!!!

bring on more discounts!!

I got a discount!!! I'm not even sure how it worked or why it's so much, but I'm not questioning it!! I've been calling all the time since the March 7th discount ended trying to see if I had a PIN/UOC and nada...

so I call yesterday and I get a great (guy) agent and he looked for a PIN/UOC and nothing..still...then he says, let me look for other discounts I can apply to your reservation...I knew to not hold my breath - we have booked at WL-BR in a 2 br villa and I haven't been able to find one agent who can apply a discount to that - the discounts do not exclude a 2 br but they DO exclude a 3 br but for some reason the discounts are just NOT applicable for my reservation - which is fine - I'm trying to be patient and wait out something better..

AND the current discount is through June 10th and my reservation is June 8-14th so it would only apply for the first few days..

a little backstory -I made a $700 payment on Friday and then I cashed in $100 from Shopkick into Disney gift cards and applied those to my balance - which was then at $5,700 and change...(I know, I know..and it's only half paid off!! But I'm waiting for more discounts before I fully pay it off)

so, I was sitting at 5,734.92 left to pay by May 9th...

I'm on hold forever for this guy....and he comes back and says "I GOT IT! I got you a little discount applied to your reservation - it's not much, like $60-70 but it's something, right??" HECK YES! I'll take it - I just wanted to say I had some sort of a discount, right??

I questioned that he had everything the same - 2 br villa @ Boulder Creek, Deluxe Dining, 7 day park hopper with insurances, etc..and he says YES!

so I hang up and log back into my account a little later and WHAT do I see??? My new balance due by May 9th: $5,268.02 - WHAT?? that's a $466.90 savings!!! Yes sir, I'll take it!! I know it' not a lot and I'm hoping for more, but that's a start!!

I think what made it more was the discount also included a day of free hopper tickets if you bought 5 days and we were having 7 days so it's a discount on the first few night AND a day of free hopper tickets for 4 adults..

WAHOOO!!!

bring on more discounts!!
I wonder some times if Disney does this kind of thing on purpose so we'll have something to entertain ourselves while leading up to the trip. :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:

I was pleasantly surprised! And Ryno/Steve had a good time at Tusker House lunch (I think? Could've been dinner I guess) and that looked so good too. I'm hoping 10:30 is late enough to get a bit of lunch sampling too!
It is, definitely. The trick is not completely filling up on their tasty tasty breakfast so there's room for that lunch food.

I wonder some times if Disney does this kind of thing on purpose so we'll have something to entertain ourselves while leading up to the trip. :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:
Oh, I'm sure - maybe that we we'll enjoy the wait until our trip is here!!

Only 82 more days til we leave! Fastpass date opens late this month, and I am still trying to figure out what day we'll do what park LOL so I can figure out my fp times and rides. Anyone else stressing over it?
We are at 83 today so our window opens April 4th. Fortunately (or unfortunately...lol) we only have 1 park day so only one set of FPs to book. I'm a huge planner so this trip is a bit of a letdown in that respect but it also means I don't have a lot of wiggle room so that we can accomplish all we want to on our one park day. Another good thing is our park will be MK (so lots of available FP attractions) and it is on day 3 of our trip so I'll get the advantage of booking it more than 60 days out. We want to get done with them early this day so we can hopefully add more. Also, my thrill seeking 4 year old will finally be tall enough for 7DMT so we want to make sure we can get that scheduled for when we want it!

From what I gather it should be open fairly soon, especially if they have their full menu out but that's just my personal guess. I think I have all that figured out and I'm writing out what fastpasses I want when. I'm also trying to piece together a 3 night stay at the poly villas for October but as usual it's tough. Hopefully something comes through!
We are doing Pop in October for 3 nights because we don't have nearly enough points for all the trips I want to take...lol. We went through a certain agency and got a great rate. Will be our first time at Pop. After two trips at WL (and no other resorts/trips in 35 years), I hope my DH isn't too disappointed in Pop.

Tomorrow is my 90 day window for the CL extra FPs. Yes, I have a spreadsheet. :thumbsup2

Will be interested to hear what, if anything, can be done with TSMM FPs in June. I don't have high hopes, but while we enjoy that ride, neither DS nor I are going to shed tears if we can't book it.

Renee, we stayed at Pop for the first time last summer, and I was a bit apprehensive since it was our first Value. It was fine. The grounds are, in a word, CRAZYPANTS, and definitely worth a stroll around the property to see. One really nice feature is that Pop doesn't share buses, and we found them to be some of the most efficient out of everywhere we've been. As to the accommodations, Dave (over at a website whose name apparently gets blocked out by the boards :rolleyes2), says "You will never stay in a smaller room," and he WAS right about that, but it was comfortable, even pre-reno. All in all, we didn't fall in love, but we were perfectly content. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Keep the faith! Too soon for panic-remember FP haven't been made yet and you know once those start getting into place the ADRs will open up.
I planned our trip next week in less than 14 days and the only ADR I haven't had an alert for yet is BoG dinner (got a lunch one), which I am on the fence about doing anyway.
Totally agree with this!

We are doing Pop in October for 3 nights because we don't have nearly enough points for all the trips I want to take...lol. We went through a certain agency and got a great rate. Will be our first time at Pop. After two trips at WL (and no other resorts/trips in 35 years), I hope my DH isn't too disappointed in Pop.

Yeah I don't really either, I am pretty much gonna be borrowed out after this UY, oh well!

Tomorrow is my 90 day window for the CL extra FPs. Yes, I have a spreadsheet. :thumbsup2

Will be interested to hear what, if anything, can be done with TSMM FPs in June. I don't have high hopes, but while we enjoy that ride, neither DS nor I are going to shed tears if we can't book it.

Roxyfire, we stayed at Pop for the first time last summer, and I was a bit apprehensive since it was our first Value. It was fine. The grounds are, in a word, CRAZYPANTS, and definitely worth a stroll around the property to see. One really nice feature is that Pop doesn't share buses, and we found them to be some of the most efficient out of everywhere we've been. As to the accommodations, Dave (over at a website whose name apparently gets blocked out by the boards :rolleyes2), says "You will never stay in a smaller room," and he WAS right about that, but it was comfortable, even pre-reno. All in all, we didn't fall in love, but we were perfectly content. :thumbsup2

I do wanna stay at Pop at some point, but the price for the weekend nights does kinda turn me off a bit. Plus my waitlist came through and we're all Poly all the time now. I really should've bought my points there instead, oops!

I do wanna stay at Pop at some point, but the price for the weekend nights does kinda turn me off a bit. Plus my waitlist came through and we're all Poly all the time now. I really should've bought my points there instead, oops!
I don't know why I got it in my head you posted the comment about staying at Pop instead of Renee. I blame being thrown off by the cinnamon roll remark. :eek:

I don't know why I got it in my head you posted the comment about staying at Pop instead of Renee. I blame being thrown off by the cinnamon roll remark. :eek:

Nah it's fine! I was actually considering it at first but decided to just use my points since we're spending too much to stay at Hard Rock lol

I stayed at Pop for 1 night when I did the princess 1/2 in 2013. We had a snow storm coming and POR didn't have any openings to add to my reservation. The room was clean and the place was packed, but I didn't hear anything in my room and I LOVE their food court. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Stayed at Pop in October in a renovated room, 70's section- we walked across to AoA food court for breakfast everyday. Loved Pop and would stay there again. Tried to get a room but no discounts for our quickie trip next week-decided to save the money and spend it on a tour instead -Disney math:rotfl2:!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!