***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

And a little of me dies each day waiting 6 months to go on this trip. ANY and ALL advice from you will be so much appreciated. I'm sure i'm going to have tons of questions. :)

Our ADR day is July 9th - still working on the list, but I will definitely be wanting Boma & brunch at California Grill... :cloud9: I really love the tea at the Grand Floridian, too, but not sure if it will fit in.

A little calculator for anyone who'd like to figure out their ADR date quickly: http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

How did you guys get booked before the packages are released?
DVC books 11 months out, all year. :) I don't think anyone's managed to book non-DVC yet, right? Do correct me if I'm wrong!

I don't think anyone's managed to book non-DVC yet, right?

Hi! Im not certain of my dates until we can book - but the plan is for me and my sister to do our first ever WDW trip between the 20th of jan and the 3rd of feb, maybe at Pop (I hope we get one of the redone rooms, they look more Disney than the old ones). We are from Argentina so this is going to take a lot of planning! But we are soooo exited and cant wait to get there! 14 nights should be good for a first trip... we want to stay as much as possible. But cant confirm until prices for packages come out... I heard they come out on the 20th but maybe latter.

I'll confirm for the roll call /may I ask what it is for?/ as soon as we book our package! So happy to be in the thread!

First Disney World Trip Klaxons for @TheCakePopLady :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

That trip sounds so excited, the kids are going to freak out.:rotfl:

Definitely let us know when you've sorted your plans and I'll add you to the roll call, whoop whoop!!

Okay, we are booking today! Just waiting on my planner to get back from dropping her daughter somewhere. This is what we are booking (I'm so excited I could seriously scream!)

Jan 8 thru 13
Grand Floridian Deluxe Room with Theme Park View
5 Day Park Hopper
Memory Maker
Deluxe Dining Plan

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Now that we got it all sorted, I can figure out what dinning we want to book, the fast passes we must have, etc.

What character meals do you guys recommend for 6 and 11 year old girls?

The ones we definitely want to do so far:

Be our Guest for Dinner
Cinderella's Royal Table for Breakfast

Throw some recommendations at me, please!

We had our dates set but had to wait till 7 months out to book the room....so excited we are staying at the beach club villas for the first time.

We're heading back to the World January 27-February 3. We're going to surprise our boys, 8 and 4, the morning of. I'm almost as excited about surprising them as I am about the trip! Oh, the plan now is to stay at Port Orleans Riverside, but that could change depending on discounts and what we end up paying for airfare.

We're heading back to the World January 27-February 3. We're going to surprise our boys, 8 and 4, the morning of. I'm almost as excited about surprising them as I am about the trip! Oh, the plan now is to stay at Port Orleans Riverside, but that could change depending on discounts and what we end up paying for airfare.

I feel the same way. I'm not telling my kids until the morning we are leaving and I feel like i'm dying inside right now. It's going to be so hard to keep it a secret. LOL

We are looking at 1/28-2/3.

It's still a little early, but that's the tentative dates. We went the same time this year and loved it, but my son also ended up missing an important band commitment because we booked long before we knew about it.

So I may end up waiting till school starts and we get the band schedule. :rolleyes:

If we don't go that week it would be the week before or after. We loved the weather and lighter crowds (even the cold mornings were nice to me!)

ETA....we are planning to stay at All Star Music in a preferred room (hopefully jazz since my son is in the jazz band at school).

We stayed at Pop and really enjoyed it, but my kids wanted to try something new.

Last edited:
So we're officially booked! January 24th - 31st at POFQ.
Now time to get my schedule in order and think about those dining reservations! :yay:

We haven't been since they changed the rope drop opening ceremony at MK. Are BPO morning reservations still worth it?

I'm here! New to the boards. My husband and I are at Pop 1/10-1/12. Hoping for a refurbished room! Short timeframe as we are tacking it on to the front end of an already-planned trip to see family in Daytona Beach.

But, I am excited- my husband and I both went to MK as kids but neither one of us has been as an adult. And he has never been to Epcot, which I think he will really enjoy.

Now to decide which meals to cram in to our limited time!

It's so exciting to see all the new folks headed to WDW in Jan :car:. These boards and the site are a gold mine--anything you could ever want to know can be found here.

@TheCakePopLady--DVC stands for Disney Vacation Club, the "timeshare" program Disney offers. DVC owners can book their home resort 11 months before they want to travel and any other DVC resort 7 months out.

@k8Davies we're excited about making our ADRs too. Our date is 7/23. We would love to book BOG dinner (DD and I ate there on our last trip. It has one of the best steaks on property, so DH needs to go!), Spirit of Aloha, and Le Cellier. We are also considering The Wave and Boma. As always, there are so many good choices!

Some of our favorite restaurants--
MK: BOG, both dinner and lunch. Dinner is a MUCH more relaxing atmosphere though. And no matter when you're there, try to find the hidden Minnie! There are only 3 anywhere on property. We also love LTT and CHH. CP breakfast is a tradition for us on our last full day as well, and it's always lovely.

AK: Flame Tree BBQ. Can't talk about this one enough. So, so good! We also love Tusker House dinner as it's one of the few places you can meet Daisy Duck, and the salmon is great.

HS: HS gets a lot of criticism for being a 'blah' place these days, but we don't feel that way at all. Sci-Fi Dine In is a terrific place to eat with great theming and good food. We love PizzeRizzo as a QS too.

Epcot: Rose and Crown (bangers and mash are delish!), Both the San Angel Inn and La Hacienda in the Mexico pavilion are great too. There's no other restaurant on property like San Angel--I mean, where else can you dine near a river AND a volcano?

Disney Springs: D'luxe Burger has great food and HUGE portions. Split a burger there with a friend if you're not a big eater, and you both will be happy. Earl of Sandwich and WPE are both solid places to get a good meal that won't break the bank.

Resorts: We love FW. If you like dinner shows and great food, do the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Trails End has the same type of fare buffet style, and it's yummy! Ohana at the Poly is wonderful. The bread, dumplings, and chicken are my favorites.

Happy planning everyone!

Thanks @IndianaRRT for all the dining ideas definitely take a look at a few of those.

Although
Epcot: Rose and Crown (bangers and mash are delish!),
they can't be as good a my Ma's Bangers and mash lol :rotfl:

Now I love a drink at Disney world (especially that Slushy one you can get in France) and don't really pay attention to the cost, but the Rose and Crown I really begrudge paying more for a pint than I do in London :scared1:

The hoop Dee Do is on my to do list but I don't think the little one would cope with it just at the moment so hopefully it still going in a few years. Or hmmm I wonder if I could con the inlaws into watching him so me and the hubby can go :scratchin

Also want to try out Geyser point Bar and Grill, glad it's quick service as with the weather being a bit interchangeable in January, means I can wait for the perfect day to visit then sit by the lake sipping something tall and fruity.

Thanks @IndianaRRT for all the dining ideas definitely take a look at a few of those.

Although
they can't be as good a my Ma's Bangers and mash lol :rotfl:

Now I love a drink at Disney world (especially that Slushy one you can get in France) and don't really pay attention to the cost, but the Rose and Crown I really begrudge paying more for a pint than I do in London :scared1:

The hoop Dee Do is on my to do list but I don't think the little one would cope with it just at the moment so hopefully it still going in a few years. Or hmmm I wonder if I could con the inlaws into watching him so me and the hubby can go :scratchin

Also want to try out Geyser point Bar and Grill, glad it's quick service as with the weather being a bit interchangeable in January, means I can wait for the perfect day to visit then sit by the lake sipping something tall and fruity.

I agree about your mom's bangers and mash. Mom's cooking is always the best! I've never been across the pond, but maybe someday!

Booked 1/28-2/4 at CBR. It's the least expensive on site option for a room that sleeps 5. We thought about a split stay with a couple days at an AoA suite, but we were having a tough time figuring out the best way to split up a 7 day trip. I just hope I don't regret it with the construction. I'm trying to stay positive and reading updates on the CBR thread.

This is our second WDW trip as a family. Daughter will be 10 years, sons will be 4 1/2. The first time we went, DD was just shy of 7 years and boys were 15 months. It was in August (the heat and humidity were awful) and we only went for 3 days. I'm so excited for cooler weather and 6 park days.

Husband and I have decided to wait and tell the kids Christmas morning. This way the Disney trip will be their Christmas gift (one way to save money) and we can ask for Disney gc's as gifts from grandparents so the kids will have money for souvenir shopping.

Plan 2 full days at MK
1.5 days at Epcot (half day on the day we arrive and 1 full day later in the week)
1 day each at AK and HS

My plan for ADRs (if I can get them) -Askerhus for dinner on day 1, BOG for breakfast our first MK day, Tusker House breakfast at AK, a Fantasmic package at HS (Mama Melrose maybe?) and maybe Crystal Palace for a late breakfast or early lunch our second day at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!