Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

When I stayed at the Boardwalk last time, there was one time when the Friendships were not running due to lightning. So keep that in mind. They may be forced to walk if the boats aren't running, or to wait until the storm passes. The walk was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated, but you do have to walk uphill a bit. I'm a slow walker and it took me about 15 minutes to get to the Boardwalk. Beach club is closer. With elderly folks, I wouldn't attempt it unless the boats are down. You want them to save their energy for the parks. So take a slower pace and enjoy the boat ride.

How far the walk is to the boat launch will depend on where your room is. When I stayed at the Boardwalk, I requested a room close to transportation, and that was a huge help. With the Beach club though, if they put you close to the lobby/boat launch, you'll have a longer walk from Epcot if the boats are down.
What about a direct bus from Yacht & Beach to the TTC and then hoping a monorail? Is there such a bus?

I'm thinking about Beach Club, but we have 2 elderly folks (78 &82) and while I know there is an option to walk, that is really not practical for our group. Anyone know how far the walk to Yacht club to catch a boat to EPCOT or Studios is? Any good estimates on travel times to the 4 parks with MINIMAL (say 300' or less) walking? THANKS!

but you do have to walk uphill a bit.
From Beach club, you don’t have to walk uphill. There’s a path that goes under the bridge. Taking the boat will likely save you 100’ of walking, but take 15 minutes longer.
What about a direct bus from Yacht & Beach to the TTC and then hoping a monorail? Is there such a bus?
No buses run to the TTC. They run to the front of Magic Kingdom. From there, you’d have to take the monorail or boat to the TTC, and then transfer to the Epcot line. I bet it would be more walking.

No buses run to the TTC. They run to the front of Magic Kingdom. From there, you’d have to take the monorail or boat to the TTC, and then transfer to the Epcot line. I bet it would be more walking.

Not to mention that you'd be taking a bus from an Epcot resort to the MK, then taking the monorail back to Epcot.

This is such a full thread! Apologies if this had been covered. We have an 8 am Keys to the Kingdom tour booked for Wednesday. I was thinking of taking a cab there vs the bus, but do cabs go to the gates of Magic Kingdom or would we be brought to the TTC? If to the TTC, I think catching the bus is probably our best bet.

This is such a full thread! Apologies if this had been covered. We have an 8 am Keys to the Kingdom tour booked for Wednesday. I was thinking of taking a cab there vs the bus, but do cabs go to the gates of Magic Kingdom or would we be brought to the TTC? If to the TTC, I think catching the bus is probably our best bet.

A cab would go to the TTC, or you could have it drop you off at the Contemporary.

I'm thinking about Beach Club, but we have 2 elderly folks (78 &82) and while I know there is an option to walk, that is really not practical for our group. Anyone know how far the walk to Yacht club to catch a boat to EPCOT or Studios is? Any good estimates on travel times to the 4 parks with MINIMAL (say 300' or less) walking? THANKS!
You are really better off getting them a scooter if they can;t walk far. Once you get to the park there is a great deal of walking just to get to the gate of the park.

From Beach club, you don’t have to walk uphill. There’s a path that goes under the bridge. Taking the boat will likely save you 100’ of walking, but take 15 minutes longer.

I forgot about the path under the bridge. If you're already at the International Gateway, it's probably closer to walk to the Beach Club than to walk to the front of the park.

Sorry if this has been asked!! We are staying in CBR does the bus going to all the parks or just the TTC???

Thanks, i had read somewhere that they don't go to all the parks!

I can't imagine where you could have read that, because they've always gone to directly to the parks. Off property buses are the only ones that go to the TTC.

What's the best option to getting to the Boardwalk for breakfast (8AM) from POR using Disney transportation? Is routing through Disney Springs our only option?

We'll also need transportation back to POR from the boardwalk around 11:00 PM (planning to return to the boardwalk after Epcot closes). Just wondering if there is anything more direct than a bus to Disney Springs and then transferring to get to POR.

Thanks!

What's the best option to getting to the Boardwalk for breakfast (8AM) from POR using Disney transportation? Is routing through Disney Springs our only option?

We'll also need transportation back to POR from the boardwalk around 11:00 PM (planning to return to the boardwalk after Epcot closes). Just wondering if there is anything more direct than a bus to Disney Springs and then transferring to get to POR.

Thanks!

Buses to Disney Springs won't be running that early. If you want to use Disney transportation, you'd have to take the bus to DHS (and since buses start running at 6:30, that's probably the one you'll want to be on) and then walk or take the boat to Boardwalk - a taxi, Uber or Lyft is going to be a much better option.

You can go through Disney Springs to get back to POR at night, but again, a taxi, Uber or Lyft would be much faster.

Hi! Does anyone know if you can walk from Boma to Animal Kingdom Park? We have the 7:35 Boma breakfast, and wanted to know the fastest way to get to animal kingdom after that Thanks so much!

Hi! Does anyone know if you can walk from Boma to Animal Kingdom Park? We have the 7:35 Boma breakfast, and wanted to know the fastest way to get to animal kingdom after that Thanks so much!

Nope - there's no sidewalk. It's only about a 5 minutes bus ride.

Buses to Disney Springs won't be running that early. If you want to use Disney transportation, you'd have to take the bus to DHS (and since buses start running at 6:30, that's probably the one you'll want to be on) and then walk or take the boat to Boardwalk - a taxi, Uber or Lyft is going to be a much better option.
Boats won't be running that early, unless there's a.m. EMH at DHS. You should be able to get a bus ride to from DHS to BW; ask a bus driver for assistance. Even better, tell the driver of the bus where you are going when you get on at POR, and you may be offered a ride.

Oh thank you! I had forgotten about the DHS option! We are early risers and don't mind the early bus. We'll enjoy the early morning walk. =)

Thanks for the heads up. We'll look into it a little further.

I think we'll play it by ear for the evening transportation since we have more flexibility there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!