Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Hi! I have a couple of questions :daisy: I'm looking for how much time I should give myself going from point A to point B, and also the quickest (non taxi) route.

I have a 340 reservation at Ohana. I'll be at magic kingdom. I know there is a boat and a monorail , but I'm not sure I know where ttc is.

I also have a 350 beaches and cream reservation in the afternoon on my resort day. I'll be staying at animal kingdom lodge.

Also a 945 Kona from AKL.

Thanks in advance!
'Ohana from MK: take the boat (second stop) or Monorail (third stop).

Beaches and Cream from AKL: bus to Hollywood Studios and then walk (~12 minutes) or boat (second stop). Alternatively, take a bus to AK and transfer to a Beach Club bus

Kona from AKL: bus to MK; the the same directions as 'Ohana from above.

'Ohana from MK: take the boat (second stop) or Monorail (third stop).

Beaches and Cream from AKL: bus to Hollywood Studios and then walk (~12 minutes) or boat (second stop). Alternatively, take a bus to AK and transfer to a Beach Club bus

Kona from AKL: bus to MK; the the same directions as 'Ohana from above.
That's the resort monorail from mk to poly, not the express monorail.

No, but it's very simple:
  • To get to TL, you need to take a bus to DS and then a shuttle bus to TL
  • To get to BB, you need to take a bus to AK and then a shuttle bus to BB
Reverse to go back to the resort.

Figure on about 45 minutes travel time typically, but up to 90 minutes if you have bad luck with connections.

Alternatives for faster transit are Uber, Lyft, or taxis.

Some people on Facebook said they had direct bus from All-Star last month, anyone can confirm?

I'm a little confused about how to resort hop. We'll be staying at PoR.

In general, do we take the bus to the TTC and from there to the resort of our choice? I know some resorts are within walking distance of the various parks.

I'm a little confused about how to resort hop. We'll be staying at PoR.

In general, do we take the bus to the TTC and from there to the resort of our choice? I know some resorts are within walking distance of the various parks.

Buses don't go to the TTC - you'd have to take a bus to the nearest park or DS.

Glad I asked. I thought they all stopped at the TTC, even the MK ones.
If you want to visit any of the Epcot resorts, don't go to Epcot, because the monorail and buses both go to the park's front gate, and the resorts are at the International Gateway at the back of the park. There's no transportation to get from the front to the IG, except walking thru the park which requires admission.

You can go to DHS and take a boat to the Epcot resorts, or you can get a bus at either AK or DS.

Hi, Who can tell me about the boat routes on Crescent Lake? We'll be staying at the Boardwalk for the first time next year!

Hi, Who can tell me about the boat routes on Crescent Lake? We'll be staying at the Boardwalk for the first time next year!
DHS<->Swan/Dolphin<->Beach/Yacht Club<->Boardwalk<->Epcot

Time-wise, I think you can walk quicker than the boat travels.

DHS<->Swan/Dolphin<->Beach/Yacht Club<->Boardwalk<->Epcot

Time-wise, I think you can walk quicker than the boat travels.

Yeah, I'm sure it's slow, but sometimes taking the boat is fun...
Where does it go after Epcot? Back to Boardwalk then?
So in going BW-Epcot there are no stops either direction, but BW-DHS you'll stop at YC/BC and S/D both ways?
And if you want to go HS-EC or EC-HS, that's doable but you stop at all 3 hotels each way?

Yeah, I'm sure it's slow, but sometimes taking the boat is fun...
Where does it go after Epcot? Back to Boardwalk then?
So in going BW-Epcot there are no stops either direction, but BW-DHS you'll stop at YC/BC and S/D both ways?
And if you want to go HS-EC or EC-HS, that's doable but you stop at all 3 hotels each way?
yep.

So, did the Minnie van service start this week? I know they were supposed to start testing it out at a couple of resorts.

Going from Fort Wilderness to Ohana for a 5 pm dinner. Is it any quicker to take boat to MK then monorail or boat to Contemporary then monorail? Just take whichever boat comes first?

Going from Fort Wilderness to Ohana for a 5 pm dinner. Is it any quicker to take boat to MK then monorail or boat to Contemporary then monorail? Just take whichever boat comes first?

There's no reason to go from Fort Wilderness to MK to the Contemporary to the Poly - just go Fort Wilderness to MK to the Poly.

There's no reason to go from Fort Wilderness to MK to the Contemporary to the Poly - just go Fort Wilderness to MK to the Poly.
There are boats from FtW to MK, to CR, and to WL. OP was asking about taking the boat from FtW to CR and boarding the Resort Monorail at CR, as opposed to taking the boat from FtW to MK and boarding the monorail there.

There are boats from FtW to MK, to CR, and to WL. OP was asking about taking the boat from FtW to CR and boarding the Resort Monorail at CR, as opposed to taking the boat from FtW to MK and boarding the monorail there.
Yes this exactly what I want to know. Is one way more convenient? Not sure where security check points are anymore. Also not sure if the resorts boat stops at contemporary or Wilderness lodge first after leaving FW. Also not sure how far the boat launches are from the monorail stops in each place. Or like I mentioned before do we just choose the boat that shows up first.

Yes this exactly what I want to know. Is one way more convenient? Not sure where security check points are anymore. Also not sure if the resorts boat stops at contemporary or Wilderness lodge first after leaving FW. Also not sure how far the boat launches are from the monorail stops in each place. Or like I mentioned before do we just choose the boat that shows up first.
There are two boats making the Contemporary/Winderness/Fort loop. They run in opposite directions. You could take either one, depending when the next boat is coming. You should be able to see one coming by the time the other is leaving.

At the Contemporary, you'd have to walk down the dock, past the pool, into the building, up to the 4th floor, and up the escalator to the monorail. Then the Poly would be the second stop.

If you take the boat to MK, you can catch a boat to the Poly. I believe you'd need to walk to a different dock. The Poly would be the second stop. The monorail would be just past the boat dock. The Poly would be the third stop.

We have a split stay with BWV & Poly. It would be most convenient to do HDDR during our time at BWV. What would the best transportation be to HDDR from BWV? BWV to MK then boat to FW? Or BWV to HS then bus to FW? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter