Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Anyone know if I can have a cake delivered to a CL lounge? Long story....we are checking out of AKL CL on my DD birthday but will be spending the day at the resort. It would be nice to do the cake in the lounge on her actual birthday but I wasn't sure if this could be done.

I don't see why not. You would just tell Private Dining to deliver it to the lounge. Or you could have it delivered to your room in the morning before you check out and bring it to the lounge yourself.

I don't see why not. You would just tell Private Dining to deliver it to the lounge. Or you could have it delivered to your room in the morning before you check out and bring it to the lounge yourself.
Okay, thank you!!! I'll let you know if I find out differently.

I had these delivered to our room at the Polynesian during our December trip. They were $45 each plus tip for delivery. My only instructions were that one be Marie themed and the other Alice themed and I told them what to write on the plates. I think they were really cute! DD10 flipped out over her mini Marie cake. DD11 didn't seem as impressed with her Alice cake.

IMG_6971.JPG IMG_6979.JPG IMG_6974.JPG

$110 if i remember correctly. Was a couple months ago but I am almost positive it was around there.

Awesome Mickey Celebration Cake! $110 does seem a little steep for such a minimalist cake... I am thinking about ordering one similar for my son's 1st birthday at Chef Mickey's next month!

Thank you for the information!

I had these delivered to our room at the Polynesian during our December trip. They were $45 each plus tip for delivery. My only instructions were that one be Marie themed and the other Alice themed and I told them what to write on the plates. I think they were really cute! DD10 flipped out over her mini Marie cake. DD11 didn't seem as impressed with her Alice cake.
Love the Marie cake!

Not sure if it is ok to post this here, but it is a cake question. For anyone who has done the Cake Decorating Experience at Amorette's Patisserie, could you tell me what the flavor of the cake is? Also does anyone have any idea what the "seasonal" Mickey cake would be for the month of March? I just booked this for my very picky 10 year old and if it isn't something she would like then I would just order a custom cake like I normally do. TIA for any help!

View attachment 295732 View attachment 295733 View attachment 295734

That Marie cake is adorable!

I got permission from a user in one of the Disney Facebook groups to post her Star Wars anniversary cake for you guys.

• Price: $200
  • Notes: She only asked that the cake be Dark Side-themed. The pastry team came up with everything else. There's even a light behind the standing screen print!

Star%20Wards%20GF%20Anniversary%20Cake_zpsm54cyjla.jpg

These are so so cute! What flavors did you get for the cake and mousse inside?

I saw in the first post that the Disney Springs restaurants are independent of Disney, but before I phone I thought I'd throw it out here.

Anyone have any luck getting a cake to T-Rex cafe? I know the restaurant doesn't get the greatest reviews, but I have a Dino crazy DS and it will be his 4th bday!

Can you order a special cake to be delivered to one of the private fireworks cruises that leave from the lagoon hotels? If so which hotel would be best to book it to leave from, I was thinking the GF or Cont. Many thanks for any advice :)

Where did you call to order these? We had one delivered to CRT a few years ago and when we called to get one for our FEB trip, they said they didn't do it anymore.

Where did you call to order these? We had one delivered to CRT a few years ago and when we called to get one for our FEB trip, they said they didn't do it anymore.
Magic Kingdom restaurants are no longer doing custom cakes. Each one has a signature dessert which can be ordered (details in the first or second post of the thread). Any other Disney owned and operated restaurant or resort will do a custom cake for you. Numbers for each are in the first post.

Can you order a special cake to be delivered to one of the private fireworks cruises that leave from the lagoon hotels? If so which hotel would be best to book it to leave from, I was thinking the GF or Cont. Many thanks for any advice :)

Yes! The Contemporary is easiest to work with and offers the most flavor options.

I did a cake at contemporary since I was staying there. It went awesome. I’m deaf so it was a huge relief that I was able to email them about the cake! I got a great deal on the cake since I did minimal. Highly recommend it! I did this last June and going back next November and will do this again!

Thank you very much :thanks:. Do they deliver the cake to the boat or do you have to collect it from the contemporary? We are staying at Beach Club!

Thank you very much :thanks:. Do they deliver the cake to the boat or do you have to collect it from the contemporary? We are staying at Beach Club!
You would have to ask them about that. Normally, you could get the cake when you eat there or to your room if you are staying there. I would ask them what the options are since you are doing the cruise there. Maybe they would have you pick it up somewhere at contemporary? @lurkyloo ? She would know more about that than me. She’s been awesome at answering my questions before

I remember there are two non-Disney bakeries people recommending on this thread. Can anyone tell me what the names of those two are? I'd like to try to order a custom cake for pickup. Also, if anyone can share their experience with them? Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter