Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

We just got back from WDW on Saturday, but I wanted to share our cake. It was a 6" red velvet cake with cream cheese filling...made by the GF bakery and delivered to the Poly. It wasn't exactly what I wanted and it didn't have some of the elements Pat described in our call, but I think it's still a really awesome looking cake. We normally get fondant, so this was my first time doing primarily buttercream. The cake was $101 (and some change).

27498522309_ba2c38a3bd_c.jpg

39245466472_411f487791_c.jpg

39245465732_49a4322cbc_c.jpg

Has anyone had success ordering a cake for an ADR at 1900 Park Fair? I wanted an and with amaretto mousse. Would this be possible?

I ordered one there in June. I searched back for my post after talking to Pat because I had asked about amaretto. Here's what I wrote then:

"Pat called me back a little while ago. In my message, I had said that I was hoping to get angel food cake (I knew that was a long shot) and Loki from Avengers as the theme. She started off by saying that they probably could've done angel food cake with more lead time, but since I want it for Sunday, all they could do was chocolate or vanilla. This was really disappointing as I had almond cake with amaretto mousse crunch filling as my backup. I asked about almond cake and she said oh no, they only do that for big wedding cakes."

"Oh, and somewhere in there she offered to add almond flavoring to the cake mix, which I accepted. It's also going to have white chocolate mousse filling."

The cake turned out really nicely and I was very happy with it. I did feel like they may have been more accommodating with flavors with more notice (mine was less than a week).

Emailed today about a split cake for DH and DS birthday. Does anyone know if they can do PawPatrol? I know it is a Disney franchise but understand that copy right can be weird. Also, any word this year on Marvel and copyright? Our cakes last year were spectacular but way tooooooo mucccchhhh cake ordering 2 separate cakes. Hoping they can accommodate!

You may have gotten an answer from them already, but I had a Loki cake done in June through GF. Pat told me they didn't have any screen prints for Avengers, but I asked them to do Loki colors and I brought a figure to go on top. It was a surprise for my husband, so I snuck it to our server while he was up at the buffet and she put it on the cake before bringing it out.

Loki cake.jpg

I ordered one there in June. I searched back for my post after talking to Pat because I had asked about amaretto. Here's what I wrote then:

"Pat called me back a little while ago. In my message, I had said that I was hoping to get angel food cake (I knew that was a long shot) and Loki from Avengers as the theme. She started off by saying that they probably could've done angel food cake with more lead time, but since I want it for Sunday, all they could do was chocolate or vanilla. This was really disappointing as I had almond cake with amaretto mousse crunch filling as my backup. I asked about almond cake and she said oh no, they only do that for big wedding cakes."

"Oh, and somewhere in there she offered to add almond flavoring to the cake mix, which I accepted. It's also going to have white chocolate mousse filling."

The cake turned out really nicely and I was very happy with it. I did feel like they may have been more accommodating with flavors with more notice (mine was less than a week).
Thank you so much

I want to preorder a specialty dessert for one of our dining reservations. Do we have to pay when we order it? Also wondering what happens if we cancel our dining reservation? This would be for a BOG dinner, so it would be the mini cupcake trio.

Has anyone done a "Celebration Cake" that is a sheet cake style with an edible image? I am wondering if they would possibly put Vintage Mickey Cartoon images all around the sides of the sheet cake and then add the writing on top of the cake (or possibly let us bring our own cake topper- if that is allowed?!?) Really wanted a cake topper that says "90 years loved" or something like that I saw on Etsy for my Grandpa's 90th Birthday cake.

I want to preorder a specialty dessert for one of our dining reservations. Do we have to pay when we order it? Also wondering what happens if we cancel our dining reservation? This would be for a BOG dinner, so it would be the mini cupcake trio.

Nope, you pay with the bill at dinner -- so if you have TiW or an AP, the discount applies!

If you cancel your ADR, you will need to cancel with the MK folks coordinating specialty desserts with at least 72 hours notice. They will say so in your confirmation email. See attached for mine, I underlined the cancellation bit in red.

I did the BOG mini cupcake trio for my SO's birthday dinner. He loved it! It was a nice surprise :goodvibes

Attachments

• bog specialty dessert.PNG
    bog specialty dessert.PNG
    192.5 KB · Views: 57
Nope, you pay with the bill at dinner -- so if you have TiW or an AP, the discount applies!

If you cancel your ADR, you will need to cancel with the MK folks coordinating specialty desserts with at least 72 hours notice. They will say so in your confirmation email. See attached for mine, I underlined the cancellation bit in red.

I did the BOG mini cupcake trio for my SO's birthday dinner. He loved it! It was a nice surprise :goodvibes
Thanks, that's just what I needed to know!

Has anyone done a "Celebration Cake" that is a sheet cake style with an edible image? I am wondering if they would possibly put Vintage Mickey Cartoon images all around the sides of the sheet cake and then add the writing on top of the cake (or possibly let us bring our own cake topper- if that is allowed?!?) Really wanted a cake topper that says "90 years loved" or something like that I saw on Etsy for my Grandpa's 90th Birthday cake.
I haven’t done a sheet cake but I’m sure they can as they have the option for weddings. You can definitely bring your own topper. You’ll be told you have to put it on yourself but we have always had the people at the checkin podium take the topper and it has always made it to the cake.

Does anyone have a picture of what the Amaretto Crunch Mousse looks like in a cake? Also can anyone describe it better? Similar tastes? Overly sweet? etc...

Does anyone have a picture of what the Amaretto Crunch Mousse looks like in a cake? Also can anyone describe it better? Similar tastes? Overly sweet? etc...

Here's what the filling and cake looked like in cups at the bridal showcase. (They called it "almond crunch" but it's the same thing.)

IMG_6374.jpg

I didn't try it though cuz I hate almond flavoring..... sorry!

Do they still do the princess cake packages at CRT? I can't find any reference to them now? It's my daughter's 18th when we are there and I've booked for the evening? Is my only option the slipper desert? Many thanks.

So I tried to read as much as the thread I could so I didn't ask a question that had been asked a 100 times but I don't think I saw the answers.

1) Can you have a mini cake sent to Ohana
2) Can you have a mini cake sent to your room at Poly or GF?

Does anyone have a list of the non cake options that can be ordered at either GF or Poly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!