Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I am looking to do a family day cake for my son while we’re at Disney. I love the standard one that looks like Mickey ears but it might not be big enough, depending on which meal we ordered it for. Can you order that in a larger version? I see a similar one from the patisserie at Disney Springs but it doesn’t say how many it serves and I don’t think they deliver.

We are on the dining plan so we would get dessert with our TS meals anyway. We do have at least 1 more TS reservation than our plan covers so I considered doing it for that meal. But, the most likely meal we’ll be paying OOP for is Sci-Fi and that isn’t a good setup for a celebration with the movie and darkness. We are taking an Illuminations cruise our first night. Would it be easy to eat there? For that one though, we’ll have 8 people instead of 5 so the little cake wouldn’t be big enough.

We do have BOG scheduled for dinner but had planned on just doing dessert (wanted to meet Beast but don’t like the dinner menu). Maybe we do an appetizer and the cake there?

I'm looking for pictures of custom cakes from Disneyland. Some older posts reference the "Disneyland Cake" thread, but I can't find that. Does anyone know where that thread is or have the pictures I'm looking for?
THANKS!

I am looking to do a family day cake for my son while we’re at Disney. I love the standard one that looks like Mickey ears but it might not be big enough, depending on which meal we ordered it for. Can you order that in a larger version? I see a similar one from the patisserie at Disney Springs but it doesn’t say how many it serves and I don’t think they deliver.

We are on the dining plan so we would get dessert with our TS meals anyway. We do have at least 1 more TS reservation than our plan covers so I considered doing it for that meal. But, the most likely meal we’ll be paying OOP for is Sci-Fi and that isn’t a good setup for a celebration with the movie and darkness. We are taking an Illuminations cruise our first night. Would it be easy to eat there? For that one though, we’ll have 8 people instead of 5 so the little cake wouldn’t be big enough.

We do have BOG scheduled for dinner but had planned on just doing dessert (wanted to meet Beast but don’t like the dinner menu). Maybe we do an appetizer and the cake there?
Nice to see you over here! Welcome.

OK, here's @Sazzo'sMommy's AMAZING Moana cake from the Yacht & Beach Club, along with the details:

Place: Yacht & Beach Club Resort

Size:
8-inch

Cake Flavors:
  • Blue velvet cake - made to look like the ocean
  • cream cheese icing
  • white chocolate mousse filling
Price: $140.00 delivered to room

Notes: I worked with Austin in Private Dining. She was so kind and full of great help. We got to meet her as we were headed to our room, as she and Daniel had just placed the cake in our room! A very cool experience.

Moana%20Cake%201_zpsz5ipbgfz.jpeg

Moana%20Cake%205_zpsfmyosygg.jpeg

Moana%20Cake%206_zpsnxhpnofu.jpeg

Moana%20Cake%202_zpsznkxxfve.jpeg

Moana%20Cake%204_zpsst8ynlol.jpeg

Moana%20Cake%203_zpsq9vx4pby.jpeg

Moana%20Cake%207_zpsqlni54aa.jpeg

Wondering if there's any reason Boardwalk Inn said they cant do this -- but clearly Yacht Club did? Are they separate bakeries? Or bakers?

Wondering if there's any reason Boardwalk Inn said they cant do this -- but clearly Yacht Club did? Are they separate bakeries? Or bakers?

Yes, they are separate bakeries and have their own guidelines for what they offer.

My family of 4 could not finish the mickey ears celebration cake, it would definitely be enough for 5....and maybe even all 8 of you, depending of how big you slice. I'd estimate it was at least 6" at the bottom.

I just wanted to chime in with my experience, thank you to everyone for providing all of the contact info! I was a little hesitant to contact Pam at Grand Floridian because of some of the mentions of her but I found her to be very kind, helpful and responsive. My husband and I had a Wishes wedding at Disney 6 years ago and our reception at the Grand Floridian's Summer House so we were hoping to get a re-creation of the top layer of our wedding cake (chocolate cake with Bailey's mousse) that we could pick up and enjoy on our own while sitting at the Summer House. At first Pat said that we would have to have a dining reservation and she was trying to make us one over the phone until we mentioned again that we had gotten married AT DISNEY. Then, that changed things. She was able to pull up our Disney wedding file and pull up a picture of our cake for the re-creation. Because we had gotten married there, she agreed that we could pick up the cake from the Grand Floridian. So, it appears that this is something that they do for past Disney brides but even before she realized that, she was still very helpful and kind. I'll post back with a photo after we pick up the cake.

Because I'm nervy and obsessing over details with six days to go... when we get to Chef Mickey's the night we ordered our son's cake for, we just have a quiet word with the person who checks us in, correct? And they'll bring it out for dessert?

We ordered a cake from Yacht Club private dining for our Illuminations cruise. It was displayed nicely by the captain and we could have eaten it there if we had wanted to. However, this was a surprise for my family and they all ate dessert at our dinner before the cruise, so they weren't hungry. We boxed it up and took it back to our rental house.
IMG_3638.JPG

Because I'm nervy and obsessing over details with six days to go... when we get to Chef Mickey's the night we ordered our son's cake for, we just have a quiet word with the person who checks us in, correct? And they'll bring it out for dessert?

I would! They may stamp your ticket so your server knows to bring it out. Also, I would call Private Dining at the Contemporary (see Post #2) 2 or 3 days before and reconfirm every detail of the order.

Thanks, dis703, was leaning towards a nice family cake with my bday dinner at Ohana, and then an enchanted Christmas Bell mini cake at the princess's meal our last day there. I am hoping I can have something unusual added to the family cake. (the Maleficent horns I saw I'm guessing that are made of chocolate. two of those for my hubs and son.)

If they charged me anything extra for my pink Winnie the Pooh cake, it was only about $5. Disney's red velvet cake looks like this and tastes only slightly chocolatey:

Thanks! Not sure it's quite the right shade, but if they can't dye the cake red this may be my backup plan.

I emailed my request this morning so we'll see what they say. Looking for a Sorcerer Mickey/Fantasia design. Fingers crossed they can do what I'm asking. I have to order a cake for myself as well but I'm going to wait and see what the quote comes back at for my son's cake first. I'm going way bigger than needed for the two of us, but it's all about the wow factor, lol. 2 1/2 weeks and I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!