Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I had one done at the Contemporary in June. It was great. Guess I will have to figure something out using them or GF.

Sometimes it's also the cake you're requesting. I've had the Contemporary insist that I order an 8" a few times just because of the details I wanted on the cake.

I was able to order the 6" from Pat at GF.
I ordered a chocolate cake (DD's fave) with white chocolate mousse filling. Has anyone had this combo before? DD loves strawberries so I was thinking of adding them in the filling (they can do that for an extra fee). Wasn't sure how the cake would hold up though. Any thoughts? Thank you.

I was able to order the 6" from Pat at GF.
I ordered a chocolate cake (DD's fave) with white chocolate mousse filling. Has anyone had this combo before? DD loves strawberries so I was thinking of adding them in the filling (they can do that for an extra fee). Wasn't sure how the cake would hold up though. Any thoughts? Thank you.
Our favorite filling is Bavarian Cream with fresh raspberries. I’m sure the white chocolate with strawberries would be great and hold up just fine

Finally got my cake ordered! Although our reservation is at Ohana I placed the order through the Grand Floridian. I talked to Pat and she asked if I wanted the 6” or 8” cake. I went with the 6”. $55 Mickey and Minnie anniversary design.

Last edited:

Sometimes it's also the cake you're requesting. I've had the Contemporary insist that I order an 8" a few times just because of the details I wanted on the cake.

Yes, design can definitely be a factor. When I was looking into a white chocolate Cinderella they told me I'd need at least an 8 inch cake. But we opted for something else and got a 6 inch instead.

I'll probably be ordering for the first time in around a week, so I thought I'd run my ideas by everyone here. We're going to be eating at Trail's End for DS's 11th birthday, so I'll be ordering from the Contemporary. Since it's a buffet with plenty of desserts included already and it will just be me and three kids eating, I want to keep it simple/cheap/small. It's more of a ceremonial cake. My son loves Sorcerer Mickey, so my first thought was a two tier mini cake; the bottom layer would be red for the robes, and the top layer would be blue for the hat with the stars and moon done in frosting. Maybe a little glitter on top? Should be cheap and do-able? I've also thought about doing a cupcake for each of the three kids. It would be Sorcerer Mickey, a princess TBD later, and dinosaur or bat for younger DS. It would be a little cheaper, but I don't know if it would make the birthday boy feel less special if everyone gets their own thing? It's the kind of thing I feel like could either really bug someone or wouldn't cross their mind.

I ordered one from the Boardwalk Bakery back in 2015. It was a 8in cake in the school colors for $40. I bought the cake topper from Etsy. We will be needing another one this June, but I think I am going more with a "oh, the places you will go" outdoors theme.

Thank you so much for that. That is lovely and using this school colours is a great idea. Our schools in Australia graduate in November (The school year in Australia is end of Jan/ Early February to End Nov/Early December) so our big summer school break is December/January.

Has anyone had experience getting a cake at Le Cellier? I am wanting one of the mini 2 tier cakes for my mom for her birthday. It will be for mid December. When would be the best time to call to try to order it? Thanks!

Yes, Epcot can do 2-tier mini cakes. I'd start calling in the next few weeks, and then call again one or two days before to reconfirm everything.

I'll probably be ordering for the first time in around a week, so I thought I'd run my ideas by everyone here. We're going to be eating at Trail's End for DS's 11th birthday, so I'll be ordering from the Contemporary. Since it's a buffet with plenty of desserts included already and it will just be me and three kids eating, I want to keep it simple/cheap/small. It's more of a ceremonial cake. My son loves Sorcerer Mickey, so my first thought was a two tier mini cake; the bottom layer would be red for the robes, and the top layer would be blue for the hat with the stars and moon done in frosting. Maybe a little glitter on top? Should be cheap and do-able? I've also thought about doing a cupcake for each of the three kids. It would be Sorcerer Mickey, a princess TBD later, and dinosaur or bat for younger DS. It would be a little cheaper, but I don't know if it would make the birthday boy feel less special if everyone gets their own thing? It's the kind of thing I feel like could either really bug someone or wouldn't cross their mind.

That sounds like a great idea for a mini cake! And that will be plenty to feed the 4 of you while still feeling more special than everyone getting a cupcake.

I've seen a few cakes now where they have dyed the color of the cake. Does anyone know if there is an upcharge for this? And along those lines how red is a red velvet cake? I'm searching but haven't found a picture yet. And any reviews on the taste? I know it's supposed to be cocoa/chocolate but how does it compare to a regular chocolate cake? I don't know that I've ever tried red velvet because I don't care for the cream cheese frosting it's usually paired with, but thinking of coloring the actual cake for a Sorcerer Mickey Cake and red velvet might just be the easiest way to manage it.

Thanks!

If they charged me anything extra for my pink Winnie the Pooh cake, it was only about $5. Disney's red velvet cake looks like this and tastes only slightly chocolatey:

1338_2911Je.jpg

View attachment 278163
Had my birthday brunch today at Dinosaur Lounge at Animal Kingdom. Wonderful meal and this was my cake. Chocolate with vanilla buttercream. It was one of the most delicious cakes I've ever tasted. $65.
Is this a custom cake or the Mickey Head cake that was not considered a custom Cake. I think this is what I've been looking for. Is it 2 layers? Standard flavor or did you have a choice? Thanks for your help.

Is this a custom cake or the Mickey Head cake that was not considered a custom Cake. I think this is what I've been looking for. Is it 2 layers? Standard flavor or did you have a choice? Thanks for your help.
Custom cake. It was three layers. I could pick any flavour and filling.

Just ordered a 'castle' mini cake for arrival day. $30 and includes a glowing castle.

(what light up castle? and where from? Please and thank you.

I am considering three orders.

3 ppl here

so a 6 inch may be too big- but if I did one from Pat at GF delivering to Ohana on my bday. it would be frozen/holiday themed.

Two mini cake ideas I had was

The Bell mini cake but in the enchanted Christmas colors (red dress gold trim, and maybe blue/white roses instead of the red ones on the top?

The frozen mini cake I had an idea of would be blue and white maybe a screen of the sisters and some snowflakes?

I am not sure but maybe ill have one cake and one mini cake.

@JadeDarkstar
Ordered from the Poly to be delivered to Ohana
It is a mini cake only 1 tier with a castle figure on top that has a glow light in it
if you google castle mini cake WDW there are a few photos that come up for reference

Thank you I will contact someone to see what they can do, wow the castle looks chocolate, are you saying it glows and is plastic?

I wonder if I could request the white roses be blue and a little more frozen theam instead just white?
What email/ number did you use?

Thank you I will contact someone to see what they can do, wow the castle looks chocolate, are you saying it glows and is plastic?

I wonder if I could request the white roses be blue and a little more frozen theam instead just white?
What email/ number did you use?

I think the castle is white chocolate but hollow and has a glow cube in it but I've never ordered one so I'm not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!