Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Not a show, but I did at a buffet. I had the same thought about "free" dessert but in the end the logistics worked out best to have it there (it was hubby's actual birthday, at the resort we were staying at and going back to our room after dinner, and early in our stay so we had a chance to eat the leftovers).

OK! I received a very prompt email reply this morning, saying that they could do a 6-inch cake with a flat-image of Goofy on top for $38 or a 3D white chocolate gold-accented Goofy figure on top for $58. I replied asking if the 3D one could be done in colors -- I'll report back when I get a response.

Another very prompt response. A 3D chocolate painted Goofy would make the cake $123. Whoo. :) (Although I was expecting it.) We're going to have to consider.

Has anyone done a custom Moana themed cake? If so I would love to see pics please!

Not a show, but I did at a buffet. I had the same thought about "free" dessert but in the end the logistics worked out best to have it there (it was hubby's actual birthday, at the resort we were staying at and going back to our room after dinner, and early in our stay so we had a chance to eat the leftovers).
Thank you. Early in our stay and at our resort is exactly why I'm considering it. DH's bday doesn't fall during our trip dates at all (it's 2 weeks later) so date doesn't matter!

Can someone help me with the mini 2 tier cake? We are eating at Narcoossee's for our anniversary and I just got off the phone with Pat. I told her I wanted something Tangled themed with the lanterns. For the mini cake she said they cannot do fondant (is that correct?) but they could print a photo and put it behind the cake like a backdrop (does anyone have a picture of what this might look like?)

Regarding flavors - I am cool with just the vanilla or chocolate cake, but was hoping for cookies and cream filling. She said that they can only do vanilla mousse(or maybe it was white chocolate) filling, chocolate mousse filling or a custard with strawberries on either.

Has anyone gotten a mini cake with fondant or the cookies and cream mousse? I know YMMV, but I'm curious and don't want to try for something that isn't possible. I tried to question as to why they can only do those and she said that they can only do mousse fillings on the mini cakes vs buttercream. When I looked back at the list posted here, it looks like the cookies and cream is a mousse. If its not possible that's fine, just looking for some feedback on if people have gotten anything different in the mini cakes and any tips to make that happen. Thanks 8o)

Last edited:

Can someone help me with the mini 2 tier cake? We are eating at Narcoossee's for our anniversary and I just got off the phone with Pat. I told her I wanted something Tangled themed with the lanterns. For the mini cake she said they cannot do fondant (is that correct?) but they could print a photo and put it behind the cake like a backdrop (does anyone have a picture of what this might look like?)

Regarding flavors - I am cool with just the vanilla or chocolate cake, but was hoping for cookies and cream filling. She said that they can only do vanilla mousse(or maybe it was white chocolate) filling, chocolate mousse filling or a custard with strawberries on either.

Has anyone gotten a mini cake with fondant or the cookies and cream mousse? I know YMMV, but I'm curious and don't want to try for something that isn't possible. I tried to question as to why they can only do those and she said that they can only do mousse fillings on the mini cakes vs buttercream. When I looked back at the list posted here, it looks like the cookies and cream is a mousse. If its not possible that's fine, just looking for some feedback on if people have gotten anything different in the mini cakes and any tips to make that happen. Thanks 8o)
Pat did a mini with fondant for me in 2015.

I’ve had a mini cake with fondant but it was from Yacht Club.

OK, getting nervy about calling to order. Do I remember someone said it's best to do so in the morning? Will I need anything in addition to ADR info and cake information?

OK, getting nervy about calling to order. Do I remember someone said it's best to do so in the morning? Will I need anything in addition to ADR info and cake information?
I've never had someone actually pick up when I called, so not sure time of day matters. Lol.

our arrival is 60 days! woohoo! when do I place our cake order. wilderness lodge room delivery. will they be able to have it set up on arrival?

Called the Pop cake line today. Yvonne promptly returned my call. Initially she offered the standard options but when I said I wanted a custom cake, she provided an email to send pictures for a custom cake quote. She said the smallest custom cake they do is 8 inch, and she will get back to me once she gets a quote from the bakery. I am asking for a Halloween theme similar to the cake that was posted upthread with the mickey head pumpkins.

We have a reservation at Ohana on 1/3/18 and I am still trying to decide what kind of cake to order.
On our last trip I got a great one delivered to Teppan Edo. But this time I am stumped on designs.
Swirling around ideas to commemorate our second trip together, DP's favorite characters are Roger and Jessica Rabbit and I used them on the last cake.
Hoping to do a 2 tier mini this time instead of a 6" with printed image.
Maybe pipe the cake to look like Roger's little overalls and bow tie and write "The cream in my coffee." (It's a Roger quote from the movie)

I'm trying to think of a clever way to continue the running play off Roger and Jessica ... They are tough characters!

EDIT:: Just called to order this idea, was told all 2 tiers start at $40 and if I wanted it customized it would start at $72. I then asked about doing a 6" again with a printed image but was informed that they no longer have 'clip art' for Roger or Jessica approved by legal so they cannot offer me anything with those characters. So we went back to the mini cake. She could do the bottom tier red buttercream, top tier white buttercream, and add a blue bow propped on top of the first tier leaning on the 2nd tier. This would keep the price at $40. Payment was needed upfront.

Last edited:
Just heard back from Yvonne, I am pleasantly surprised at how quickly! She said $100 plus tax for 8 inch fondant covered cake with Mickey head pumpkins on top. I am hoping it will be as great as all the other amazing cakes we have gotten. Kinda nervous about working with someone other than Brian and Donald at the Contemporary. They have always does such awesome work for us.

Just heard back from Yvonne, I am pleasantly surprised at how quickly! She said $100 plus tax for 8 inch fondant covered cake with Mickey head pumpkins on top. I am hoping it will be as great as all the other amazing cakes we have gotten. Kinda nervous about working with someone other than Brian and Donald at the Contemporary. They have always does such awesome work for us.

I totally know what you mean. I have an ADR at The Wave next month despite having zero interest in the food or the restaurant just so we can order cakes from the Contemporary Bakery. I just can't bring myself to switch it up, lol.

I totally know what you mean. I have an ADR at The Wave next month despite having zero interest in the food or the restaurant just so we can order cakes from the Contemporary Bakery. I just can't bring myself to switch it up, lol.
Yes! My sister kept hounding me to go to the Wave during our spring trip. I had no idea why. She surprised me with a Contemporary cake haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!