Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Sorry wrong thread

Attachments

• IMG_1167.JPG
    IMG_1167.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
How long should I wait before sending Pat another email? Sent it off about three days ago. Haven't heard back. We leave in two weeks.

We are staying at Poly in Sept for my daughters first birthday. I called GF this AM bc I wanted a minicake with rosettes/a lot of frosting, she suggested a cupcake with (a lot of) frosting piped as high as possible which I went with and I believe is gonna be good for what we need. It'll be delivered to our room the night before her birthday and I will be sure to post a photo. :)

We will be celebrating my nephew's 2nd birthday at Chef Mickeys. I would like to arrange a cake. What size would be best for 11 people? Also I am needing some inspiration for the cake. Does anyone have a Mickey or Mickey and the gang inspired cake pictures/ideas that they have done?

We are staying at Poly in Sept for my daughters first birthday. I called GF this AM bc I wanted a minicake with rosettes/a lot of frosting, she suggested a cupcake with (a lot of) frosting piped as high as possible which I went with and I believe is gonna be good for what we need. It'll be delivered to our room the night before her birthday and I will be sure to post a photo. :)

I've seen several posts about ordering cupcakes instead of cakes. How do you know which resorts offer cupcakes? I'd really like to order cupcakes instead of a cake for our October stay at the Beach Club.

We took a spur of the moment trip for our 22nd anniversary. I was going to order a two tiered mini cake but my husband is not a fan of all the buttercream. Since it was last minute, I took a chance and ordered one of the new celebration cakes for our dinner at Narcoosee's. It was white chocolate and to me the texture was very similar to the zebra dome cakes at Animal Kingdom Lodge, which we love. It was sooooooo adorable and really really good. My husband raved about that cake. It was very moist and the filling was delicious. I think I paid around $35 so I could not have been more pleased with the price.

Attachments

• Anniversary Cake.jpg2.jpg
    Anniversary Cake.jpg2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 242
We took a spur of the moment trip for our 22nd anniversary. I was going to order a two tiered mini cake but my husband is not a fan of all the buttercream. Since it was last minute, I took a chance and ordered one of the new celebration cakes for our dinner at Narcoosee's. It was white chocolate and to me the texture was very similar to the zebra dome cakes at Animal Kingdom Lodge, which we love. It was sooooooo adorable and really really good. My husband raved about that cake. It was very moist and the filling was delicious. I think I paid around $35 so I could not have been more pleased with the price.

If the icing isn't buttercream, what is it? How many will this serve?

If the icing isn't buttercream, what is it? How many will this serve?

It was more like a white chocolate ganache or something similar. Very similar to the zebra dome. I think it said it served 4-5 people. It was definitely way too much cake for just the two of us. The ears, tail, and buttons are made out of white chocolate and it was surrounded by these crunchy pearls. They were tasty too.

It was more like a white chocolate ganache or something similar. Very similar to the zebra dome. I think it said it served 4-5 people. It was definitely way too much cake for just the two of us. The ears, tail, and buttons are made out of white chocolate and it was surrounded by these crunchy pearls. They were tasty too.
It's fudgey in texture (we did the dark chocolate one last month). Delicious, whatever it is!! (No crunchy pearls on ours though :( )

How did you order it? I'd like a cake to welcome my daughter to our mother-daughter trip at the Poly. Want it for check in.

How did you order it? I'd like a cake to welcome my daughter to our mother-daughter trip at the Poly. Want it for check in.
You can call the main dining reservation line and they can order it for you. We just asked that the celebration cake be added to our dining reservation. I believe you can have it delivered to your room if you are staying at a deluxe resort.

Do you have a photo of the cross section? I have seen the chocolate one but not the white. I have never had a zebra dome so the texture is lost on me

Do you have a photo of the cross section? I have seen the chocolate one but not the white. I have never had a zebra dome so the texture is lost on me
I'm sorry I didn't take pics of the inside. I usually do! I can tell you the inside frosting type layers were similar to a mouse and the layers of cake were thinner and very moist. I hope that helps.

I was just quoted $105 for an 8" HM cake (chocolate w/ raspberry mousse), buttercream from the contemporary... Plus $6 if I want fresh raspberries.

I have never spent so much on a cake in my life! Now we're trying to decide if the splurge is worth it. Plus, we only needed a 6"...
Or if I should just go with the mouse-ears celebration cake. I wish those could be delivered to all resorts :(. I am correct in understanding that these are not the cakes available for pick-up at the food courts, right? Just TS restaurants and deluxe resorts?

We will probably splurge as we're trying to make this trip extra-special in every way, but still...:scared:

I was just quoted $105 for an 8" HM cake (chocolate w/ raspberry mousse), buttercream from the contemporary... Plus $6 if I want fresh raspberries.

I have never spent so much on a cake in my life! Now we're trying to decide if the splurge is worth it. Plus, we only needed a 6"...
Or if I should just go with the mouse-ears celebration cake. I wish those could be delivered to all resorts :(. I am correct in understanding that these are not the cakes available for pick-up at the food courts, right? Just TS restaurants and deluxe resorts?

We will probably splurge as we're trying to make this trip extra-special in every way, but still...:scared:

I haven't tried, but yes from the description the mouse ears only go to TS restaurants or deluxe resorts with room service. Personally, I'd splurge and go with the HM cake. But I'm also a big buttercream fan so the chocolate/white chocolate ganache like coating on the mouse ears cake is not appealing to me at all. I've also had many a cake now from the Contemporary and they are both gorgeous and delicious.

IRL I would never spend this much on a cake either, but at Disney I look at the overall picture. I wouldn't spend what I spend on TS or even resorts normally either, but as long as everything fits into my overall budget I'm okay with it. I find if I say I'm spending x on my vacation and not break down every little thing it's much more reasonable to me than looking at the individual cost of a cake or meal.

But I'll do just about anything to justify cake, so I could be the wrong person to ask, lol.

I haven't tried, but yes from the description the mouse ears only go to TS restaurants or deluxe resorts with room service. Personally, I'd splurge and go with the HM cake. But I'm also a big buttercream fan so the chocolate/white chocolate ganache like coating on the mouse ears cake is not appealing to me at all. I've also had many a cake now from the Contemporary and they are both gorgeous and delicious.

IRL I would never spend this much on a cake either, but at Disney I look at the overall picture. I wouldn't spend what I spend on TS or even resorts normally either, but as long as everything fits into my overall budget I'm okay with it. I find if I say I'm spending x on my vacation and not break down every little thing it's much more reasonable to me than looking at the individual cost of a cake or meal.

But I'll do just about anything to justify cake, so I could be the wrong person to ask, lol.

Haha! This is a great way to look at it! The entire trip is a surprise for our soon-to-be-4yo, so if a fancy cake themed to her favorite ride, to welcome her and celebrate her birthday does that, we'll likely splurge--at least is once. Besides, HM is the favorite attraction of all 4 of us who will be there...

The Mickey celebration cakes are better than the old podiums, and seem nice for adults, but just lack some magic for kids, I think. Super adorable for the price though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!