***Official December 2017 thread!

I considered the dessert parties,but for a family of 7, very expensive. We are doing the Illuminations boat party at Epcot, and very excited about it! Also, not doing MVMCP this year, have done it before, and not willing to spend a small fortune for the 7 of us to go again. Though we did always have a great time there.

Wouldn't mind some feedback on our plan. Myself and wife 12/9-12/15, staying at Saratoga springs, comment or send me a message. Also renting a car.

12/8 HS or Epcot, arrive @ 2pm

12/9 AK , should we do wild trek Africa tour at 10am? Boma dinner @8

12/10 AK/Epcot San Angel Inn @5 or 6 for CP Boma breakfast 7:45

12/11 Universal HP Xmas, will have 2 way ticket

12/12 MK MVMCP BOG @4:15. Want to meet Scrooge and JACK Skellington

12/13 MK all day take a break some point, Ohana @ 4:15 and garden dessert party

12/14 AK/Epcot, ohana breakfast 7:40, Biergarten dinner 6:15 CP

12/15 breakfast @ CP 8am, fly home @4

Last edited:

Wouldn't mind some feedback on our plan. Myself and wife 12/9-12/15, staying at Saratoga springs, comment or send me a message. Also renting a car.

12/8 HS or Epcot, arrive @ 2pm

12/9 AK , should we do wild trek Africa tour at 10am? Boma dinner @8

12/10 AK/Epcot San Angel Inn @5 or 6 for CP Boma breakfast 7:45

12/11 Universal HP Xmas, will have 2 way ticket

12/12 MK MVMCP BOG @4:15. Want to meet Scrooge and JACK Skellington

12/13 MK all day take a break some point, Ohana @ 4:15 and garden dessert party

12/14 AK/Epcot, ohana breakfast 7:40, Biergarten dinner 6:15 CP

12/15 breakfast @ CP 8am, fly home @4

I would be weary of the Ohana 4:15 pm dinner prior to the desert party at 6ish. I remember eating that late last time and only could eat very little desert, but that is just me. This time I plan to eat light prior to the desert party to be able to eat more desert! Ummmm

We are planning our first Christmas trip for our family, I went at Christmas when I was a kid. We will be back at WDW Dec 12-21, currently staying at POR royal room but that may change. Got a late start and having trouble finding dining reservations but I'll keep looking. I haven't made any solid park plans yet since Im waiting for some dining reservations and staying flexible. Excited to see the parks decorated for Christmas and looking forward to MVMCP!

We are going 12/9-12/15 staying at AKL Jambo.
I am still trying to switch some stuff around due to not being able to get the Plaza Dessert party for 12/11 so these plans are not concrete.
12/9 fly in around 2. We were going to HS to see the SW show, but it's not showing so trying to decide if we will do JBJB or not. We have an ADR for Sci Fi.
12/10 AK no ADR's will eat at Flame Tree or possible book a ROL dining package
12/11 was supposed to be our Epcot day with a PPO at GG and dinner at Le Cellier, but I booked the Plaza Dessert Party. We are also DVC, but not staying on points so I'm not sure if we can get tickets to the after hours thing at Epcot. So the plan at this moment is to go to Epcot for our PPO at GG, spend the day there and then head to MK for the desert party that night to see HEA
12/12 MK during the day and 630 HHDR
12/13 HS day, we had plans to go to MK for EMH that evening, but not sure yet. We may just stay at HS.
12/14 PPO BOG breakfast and spend the day at MK, heading to DS that night
12/15 Breakfast ADR at OHana and head to MK for a few hours before we fly out at 5

We are planning our first Christmas trip for our family, I went at Christmas when I was a kid. We will be back at WDW Dec 12-21, currently staying at POR royal room but that may change. Got a late start and having trouble finding dining reservations but I'll keep looking. I haven't made any solid park plans yet since Im waiting for some dining reservations and staying flexible. Excited to see the parks decorated for Christmas and looking forward to MVMCP!

Try the Touring Plans or Mouse Dining reservation finders. They worked great for me. Might be others as well.

Rivers of Lights hours are out! Hopefully they'll release the dining package soon.

Hmmm...I'm already hoping there will be 2 ROL shows during Christmas week. Current show time is 7:15pm but I have a JIKO ADR at 5:40pm. If current AK close time 9am--what are the chances they add a second show???

I'm so relieved that ROL is on my planned day.
Same here! I planned a Sunday based on the October hours (before they added all others weekdays to the calendar) and I was hoping they'd pick Sunday for December as well. Even with hoppers a last minute change makes everything so hard!

I'm so relieved that ROL is on my planned day.

Well back to rearranging my schedule! ROL is not on one of the days I had planned for AK. I will have to park hop over and do a dining package to see it. Or wait until I return in February.

Same here! I planned a Sunday based on the October hours (before they added all others weekdays to the calendar) and I was hoping they'd pick Sunday for December as well. Even with hoppers a last minute change makes everything so hard!

Well back to rearranging my schedule! ROL is not on one of the days I had planned for AK. I will have to park hop over and do a dining package to see it. Or wait until I return in February.

It's so hard to plan for things in advance when they don't release all the info. It's such a pain to have to rework your plans.

Our dates have moved from November into December so here I am!!

December 1-9 at POFQ! Just me and my two daughters!

So far, our plans look like this:

December 1st - Check in
December 2nd - Universal Studios / Harry Potter Christmas
December 3rd - Disney Springs - Homecoming Lunch / MVMCP - BOG Dinner
December 4th - Hollywood Studios - Hollywood & Vine Breakfast & 50's Prime Time Dinner
December 5th - Epcot - Bon Voyage Breakfast / Rose & Crown CP Lunch (Option #1)
December 6th - Animal Kingdom - Rainforest Cafe Breakfast
December 7th - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace Breakfast & BOG Lunch
December 8th - Epcot - Akershus Breakfast / Rose & Crown CP Lunch (Option #2)
December 9th - Check out of POFQ / Sea World

Waiting on the CP Narrator for December 8th to be announced so I can decide if we want him/her or Pat Sajak on the 5th!

Other than that, we're all set until FP day!

Our dates have moved from November into December so here I am!!

December 1-9 at POFQ! Just me and my two daughters!

So far, our plans look like this:

December 1st - Check in
December 2nd - Universal Studios / Harry Potter Christmas
December 3rd - Disney Springs - Homecoming Lunch / MVMCP - BOG Dinner
December 4th - Hollywood Studios - Hollywood & Vine Breakfast & 50's Prime Time Dinner
December 5th - Epcot - Bon Voyage Breakfast / Rose & Crown CP Lunch (Option #1)
December 6th - Animal Kingdom - Rainforest Cafe Breakfast
December 7th - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace Breakfast & BOG Lunch
December 8th - Epcot - Akershus Breakfast / Rose & Crown CP Lunch (Option #2)
December 9th - Check out of POFQ / Sea World

Waiting on the CP Narrator for December 8th to be announced so I can decide if we want him/her or Pat Sajak on the 5th!

Other than that, we're all set until FP day!
Great plans and they look so similar to mine! I'm also waiting to see who's the narrator for the 8th to decided if I want to pay for a package dinner twice (we're seeing NPH on the 18th). We'll be at POFQ from December 5th-8th them moving to ASMusic till the 19th!

ROL isn't on our AK day. Bummer, but not a deal breaker. Not going to rearrange our schedule for it due to ADRs. Hopefully they'll add ROL on our day.

Good news though, our morning arrival flight got pushed up to 5:50am instead of 6:15, so we should get into the parks super early. The plan is to do the big rides at HS, meet a few characters, then nap in the room until Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter