OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Ok! I've finally posted my Highlights video from my trip last week. The first video below is overarching for both parks and some of the Christmas entertainment, decorations, food, etc.

What do you think were the popular food items at the Festival of Holidays?

The majority of the entertainment schedule for DCA isn't listed for most of December yet. Anyone have any idea when that info usually hits the Disneyland website?

I found that the 5-Day calendar view had a decent amount of entertainment info for both November and December, hope it helps!:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/five-day/2017-11-19/

So DH is on the computer working on our big reveal to the kids. The kids are going to find out about our trip on my B-Day which is on December 13 (we leave on Christmas Eve). He is making a movie and I just was looking over his shoulder watching him piece together the different pictures of Disneyland at Christmas. I cannot wait to finally tell them, they are going to be so excited. We have been planning this trip a little over a year now and for it to be just over a month away is surreal to me. My kids have no idea what is coming to them...I have Disney Christmas shirts that I bought each of them at Kohl's yesterday (that was a chore trying to hide it from them as they were looking around) and I had already purchased holiday Minnie ears, the ones with the red plaid bow (I bought one for myself) on Disneystore.com. Now I have to find Disney holiday shirts for DH and I to wear on Christmas morning :santa:.

That is so awesome! First of all happy early B-Day :cool1: There is nothing like being able to spend it with family at Disney! So cool that you are going to be able to surprise the kiddos with it, have fun with the reveal and good luck finding shirts and keeping it all a secret :goodvibes :thumbsup2

No fireworks on the schedule for DCA on New Years Eve. They have them listed for DL. I hope they change it soon

What do you think were the popular food items at the Festival of Holidays?

We were grabbing lots of different desserts to try but the Sweet Potato Pie was all gone by 7:30 (I loved that last year).
And the Mini Yule Log was also gone.

Gut feeling says whatever item you think sounds the most delicious that will be one of the more popular options. Not to say they will sell out, but just know if there is something you really want to try and you are only there for a day or two grab it for lunch :)

For the FoH AP passports, I will be the only one with the AP, so I can only purchase 1 passport. Is it 1 per day, or just 1 for the season?

I've searched high and low for more answers so as a last resort decided to post a quick question in regards to Thanksgiving Dinner spots.

Two years ago we did the DLH Thanksgivbing feast however it's justa bit out of our budget this year as amazing as it was.
I currently have Goofy's Kitchen reserved at 1:10pm for "Dinner" , in addition I do have Steakhouse 55 booked for a 5:30pm seating. As a backup we could always do Plaza Inn counter service.

Here's my question : It's just me and DH and we love character meals so Goofy's seems fine and I know the menu can be hit or miss at times for food so was curious if anyone has gone in the past and what you thought specifically of the Thanksgiving offerings. The menu appeals to DH and myself but i'm constantly second guessing myself. We've been to SH 55 many times so it's more of a backup plan but leaning more towards a traditonal Thanksgiving offering.
Any ideas or input is welcome :)

No fireworks on the schedule for DCA on New Years Eve. They have them listed for DL. I hope they change it soon

Wwwwhhhhaaattt????? I hope that changes, I was really excited that they had fireworks on NYE!! I will be hoping along with you that that will change

Well, we don't get to the Grand Californian until Sunday, but we are leaving on a jet plane in the early AM tomorrow to spend a little time in San Diego and Laguna Beach to get some sun and beach time.

Thanks for all the info and fun on this thread, and I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving tomorrow!

-Lane

Well, we don't get to the Grand Californian until Sunday, but we are leaving on a jet plane in the early AM tomorrow to spend a little time in San Diego and Laguna Beach to get some sun and beach time.

Thanks for all the info and fun on this thread, and I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving tomorrow!

-Lane
I hope you have a safe and wonderful holiday. Thanks for joining our thread. Keep us posted. :rainbow:

Not that it really matters, but wonder why on Thursday, Dec 7th, the fireworks are at 915 rather than 930 like the rest of the week. And WOC shows at 815 that day rather than at 900 like on the other weekdays. Park hours that day are the same as other days earlier in the week. I think Disney just likes to make us ponder things sometimes. :)

I took my son to see coco tonight. I told him it was a Disney movie and his eyes got so big lol. Then on our way out we saw an airplan in the sky and I said “if you could ride an airplane anywhere where would you go?” He said “ Disneyland!” My follow up : “oh I hope that someday we can go there”

He doesn’t know that in 33 days on Christmas morning he is in for a big surprise!

I took my son to see coco tonight. I told him it was a Disney movie and his eyes got so big lol. Then on our way out we saw an airplan in the sky and I said “if you could ride an airplane anywhere where would you go?” He said “ Disneyland!” My follow up : “oh I hope that someday we can go there”

He doesn’t know that in 33 days on Christmas morning he is in for a big surprise!
How old is your son?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter