"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

That is up to each person to decide, but I would bet a lot of money that most people will be more than willing to pay the $15 to not have to stake out a parade spot and to sit in the terrace for hallowishes versus the garden. Just my opinion.
Just know that if you watch the first parade from the flagpole, you’re going going to be waiting a good 20 minutes between the HH and the actual start of the parade. Then another 20 minutes for the parade to pass. Then you go right to TT, have some snacks, watch the fireworks and all of a sudden 2 hours of your night is gone. It’s a BIG time commitment for this package, if indeed the parade viewing is included again this year. This was the biggest complaint of those that did the package 2 years ago.

Just know that if you watch the first parade from the flagpole, you’re going going to be waiting a good 20 minutes between the HH and the actual start of the parade. Then another 20 minutes for the parade to pass. Then you go right to TT, have some snacks, watch the fireworks and all of a sudden 2 hours of your night is gone. It’s a BIG time commitment for this package, if indeed the parade viewing is included again this year. This was the biggest complaint of those that did the package 2 years ago.
You just convinced me not to do the package lol. We like to use every second possible so I think we will plan on watching the parade from Frontierland so we don't have to fight so hard for a spot. Plus we are doing two parties so I think we will be okay without the dessert package.

Thanks for the detailed response. I think I am leaning towards the garden view party and trying for the second parade without a reserved spot. If these in fact are the parties that can be booked.

Hmm, good points.

I want the parade viewing. I have young (6 and 4 yo) kids so the second parade is out. But yeah, you are making me think about how much time this will take. And for my family this party would basically be the end (or very near to it) of the night for us. Thanks for making it so complicated. ;-)

So did anyone here actually snag a BOG reservation DURING the MNSSHP today? I tried around 2pm today and it says no availability for BOG. I tried about 8 dates in October and none had any availability. I guess I'm hoping that when they released the webpage this morning for ADRs at CTR/BOG and CP that the reservations weren't loaded yet. Hoping maybe there's still hope for dinner at BOG on Oct 14.

So did anyone here actually snag a BOG reservation DURING the MNSSHP today? I tried around 2pm today and it says no availability for BOG. I tried about 8 dates in October and none had any availability. I guess I'm hoping that when they released the webpage this morning for ADRs at CTR/BOG and CP that the reservations weren't loaded yet. Hoping maybe there's still hope for dinner at BOG on Oct 14.

There are a bunch of times for 09/21.

But I had to look from this page:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-table-service/

And not the BOG page. And I also had to have MNSSHP tickets purchased and linked to my account.

I hope this helps.

Actually I don't see any times after October 9th. Maybe they have only release BOG times for some of the days of MNSSHP.

Actually I don't see any times after October 9th. Maybe they have only release BOG times for some of the days of MNSSHP.
yeah, lol. i just checked every day in October. so it looks like Oct 9th is the latest day they have released. hoping they will add the other dates in tomorrow. i've been freakin out because I've literally called EVERY day to ask about MNSSHP BOG ADRs and finally its up, but nothing available the week I'm in Disney. so that gives me hope. :)

I don't disagree with this at all, but the flip side of it is of that 2 hours, about 35 - 40 minutes is the parade and fireworks themselves, which presumably most will want to see anyway. And if you don't have a reserved parade spot, people start staking out spots an hour or so ahead of time, which leaves only 20 - 30 extra minutes of that 2 hours that you wouldn't use if you didn't have the package and you're getting food/desserts as well.

I don't disagree with this at all, but the flip side of it is of that 2 hours, about 35 - 40 minutes is the parade and fireworks themselves, which presumably most will want to see anyway. And if you don't have a reserved parade spot, people start staking out spots an hour or so ahead of time, which leaves only 20 - 30 extra minutes of that 2 hours that you wouldn't use if you didn't have the package and you're getting food/desserts as well.
Absolutely - though you could grab a spot for the second parade in Frontierland without nearly the wait, and have virtually no gap between the HH and the parade.

yeah, lol. i just checked every day in October. so it looks like Oct 9th is the latest day they have released. hoping they will add the other dates in tomorrow. i've been freakin out because I've literally called EVERY day to ask about MNSSHP BOG ADRs and finally its up, but nothing available the week I'm in Disney. so that gives me hope. :)
I’m waiting not so patiently for 10/31 and so far nothing....

Absolutely - though you could grab a spot for the second parade in Frontierland without nearly the wait, and have virtually no gap between the HH and the parade.
We are not doing any of the dessert parties so plan to view HH then head to Frontierland to try and find a spot for the parade. Thanks for mentioning that this is an option that should work. First MNSSHP for us.

This works well. Last year, we grabbed a spot in Frontierland about 15 minutes before the last parade and there were still several empty spots and in fact the spot we had never did completely fill in for the parade.

It’s a BIG time commitment for this package.

This is the exact reason we've never booked the dessert party. I just couldn't wrap my head around losing a chunk of time nor paying the up charge on top of the ticket. As stated, it's a great alternative for those looking to enhance their party experience after years of attending the parties as well as for those who need assistance.

We are not doing any of the dessert parties so plan to view HH then head to Frontierland to try and find a spot for the parade. Thanks for mentioning that this is an option that should work. First MNSSHP for us.
Just to clarify - my HH referred to Headless Horseman not Happy Hallowishes :)

But your plan still works and you’ll likely have time to do something between the fireworks and grabbing a parade spot (we usually hop on Pirates or BTMRR on our way).

This is the exact reason we've never booked the dessert party. I just couldn't wrap my head around losing a chunk of time nor paying the up charge on top of the ticket. As stated, it's a great alternative for those looking to enhance their party experience after years of attending the parties as well as for those who need assistance.
Agree. For veterans who just want to absorb the ambiance, the dessert party is a great option. For those trying to get the most out of their night, there’s little value in this upcharge.

Has anyone seen Hallowishes from the Terrace? I know HEA is much better from the Plaza (for the projections), curious about Hallowishes?

I *really* want parade viewing, so at least that survived... too bad there is no Garden fireworks view that includes parade viewing.

Also very curious about the view of Hallowishes from the Terrace....

Thanks for the detailed response. I think I am leaning towards the garden view party and trying for the second parade without a reserved spot. If these in fact are the parties that can be booked.

Here's a DIS thread with photos of both Terrace & Garden views: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mk-happily-ever-after-dessert-party-discussion-thread.3604693/"]MK "Happily Ever After" Dessert Party Discussion Thread[/URL]

Just to clarify - my HH referred to Headless Horseman not Happy Hallowishes :)

But your plan still works and you’ll likely have time to do something between the fireworks and grabbing a parade spot (we usually hop on Pirates or BTMRR on our way).
Oops! LOL - thanks! I didn't realize there was that long a wait between the headless horseman and the parade.

I havn't looked up the times of Happy Hallowishes and the parade as unlike most others, we are taking advantage of going on the rides with lower waits during the party as it's our only visit to any of the parks this trip. Add it some stops by the trick or treat stops and we'll be happy campers!

There are a bunch of times for 09/21.

But I had to look from this page:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-table-service/

And not the BOG page. And I also had to have MNSSHP tickets purchased and linked to my account.

I hope this helps.

Just as an FYI, you do not need to have a MNSSHP ticket linked to your account to make an ADR (BOG or otherwise) during the party. You'll need one that evening to dine, but you don't need to have a ticket linked to make the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts