"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be at Disney from early (flight arrives at 730am) from July 6 - 14. It will be me, husband and son (16 years). We have always been all day park people and some of our most magical memories are being at MK until 2am at EMH. So we are taking the plung and getting DAH tickets. We could go on a Saturday July 7th or a Monday July 9th. Which one would you do and why? I keep going back and forth and can't decide.

I agree with the PPs - that’s the only Monday event in the summer lineup and I’d hit that one if I could.

It makes me think of the winter lineup - the one Tuesday night DAH was the most popular night among the DIS crowd.

We are going on July 9th and am contemplating getting tickets for the 14th (our last night). We had to scheduled ours so we could ensure we could sleep late both that morning and the next day. (And we are going to SeaWorld or Busch Gardens on the 7th and 8th, so the 7th is out). I think Monday will be much better than a Saturday.

We will be at Disney from early (flight arrives at 730am) from July 6 - 14. It will be me, husband and son (16 years). We have always been all day park people and some of our most magical memories are being at MK until 2am at EMH. So we are taking the plung and getting DAH tickets. We could go on a Saturday July 7th or a Monday July 9th. Which one would you do and why? I keep going back and forth and can't decide.
We are doing the Saturday as it fitted better with our plans rather than the Monday.
I’ve booked 3 fast passes from 7pm and hoping to do things like philharmagic before dah starts. Expecting it to be heaving when we first go in but hopefully once it starts it will be okay.

I used a local travel agent for our package. Does anyone know if she should book our DAH tickets, or is it fine if I call myself?

The DAH event has nothing to do with your resort package. You can call & buty your tickets then link them to your MDE account yourself. No reason to have your travel agent do it unless you really don’t want to do it yourself. But it isn’t hard to do. No advantage to having travel agent do it.

I can't decide what to do. According to FP experts on this forum, I should be able to book FP for my 10 days, and my 2 DAH days (no other FP or tickets used these days) I believe they are correct. However, there is the report out that from someone with 7 day ticket & DAH on the 8th day, who got a email from Disney that they had too many days (8) of FP and a day would be deleted. That person did call and was able to get this fixed and nothing was deleted. I plan to have SDD and FOP on my last two days of my trip...so if anything were to get deleted, it would be these. I don't want to risk them.

Do you think I can book my 10 days, then call the MDE help number number and ask for help about these two days? Or will they likely tell me no fast passes? The CS agent when I bought the tickets said no FP, but I wasn't really trusting that info. Or should I make all 12 days, then call immediately and make sure they won't be flagged?

I already linked one set of tickets in my MDE account with my vacation package. I didn't link the other set yet. I guess I could link them in a different account and book at 30 days since I have no hotel stay in that account. I think I could do that, but this starts to sound too confusing.

Any suggestions?

I just ordered my tickets for August 4 and am very excited! I do still have one question though I can't find a definite answer to. Would appreciate some quick help.

We don't have regular park tickets that day, so what is the earliest we can get into the park if the event begins at 10pm?

I just ordered my tickets for August 4 and am very excited! I do still have one question though I can't find a definite answer to. Would appreciate some quick help.

We don't have regular park tickets that day, so what is the earliest we can get into the park if the event begins at 10pm?

Official DAH ticket entry time as published by Disney as 7pm. In practice, guests with DAH tickets were let in approx 6pm for most of the winter DAH dates.

One needs to be a bit careful with this because Disney could change procedures at any time. I’d plan on 7pm, but check reports from the first few events to see what Disney actually does.

Official DAH ticket entry time as published by Disney as 7pm. In practice, guests with DAH tickets were let in approx 6pm for most of the winter DAH dates.

One needs to be a bit careful with this because Disney could change procedures at any time. I’d plan on 7pm, but check reports from the first few events to see what Disney actually does.
Thanks!

Did a search of this thread, but didn’t find my answer.

We will have about 20 people staying at OKW (1 GV + 2 2BR) on my points. What is the limit on DVC discount tickets can I buy for DAH?

If it matters, two rooms are points I bought resale in December and one room is points I bought direct years ago.

Will be there August 20-27, super disappointed this is not being offered during our trip. What are the chances they will add dates? And if they add dates, howl late will the do it? Has anyone experienced this in the past?
Not a fan of the morning version of this app and I know that EMM is available for my dates.
TIA:ccat:

Will be there August 20-27, super disappointed this is not being offered during our trip. What are the chances they will add dates? And if they add dates, howl late will the do it? Has anyone experienced this in the past?
Not a fan of the morning version of this app and I know that EMM is available for my dates.
TIA:ccat:

I wouldn't anticipate them adding any dates to what they've already announced. The most I could see them doing would be announcing more dates for the rest of 2018, beyond what they already have scheduled.

I just want to say again that I am so pumped for this! I honestly think I'm looking forward to this more than the rest of my trip combined. My husband and son have been pushing for a Universal only trip next year. I told them I might agree if we can go during this event (assuming it comes back in 2019), and just spend one evening at MK. What a great way for Disney to make sure they get some more of my money, lol.

I just want to say again that I am so pumped for this! I honestly think I'm looking forward to this more than the rest of my trip combined. My husband and son have been pushing for a Universal only trip next year. I told them I might agree if we can go during this event (assuming it comes back in 2019), and just spend one evening at MK. What a great way for Disney to make sure they get some more of my money, lol.
That’s us this year. A supposed non Disney trip! Then they released this so we are doing this with an overnight stay at AOA.

Can a DVC member buy a discounted DAH ticket for a non DVC member if we are attending the event together?

Can a DVC member buy a discounted DAH ticket for a non DVC member if we are attending the event together?

You can buy a certain number of discounted tickets, but I’m not sure how many. Maybe someone else knows? :confused3

This question has come up a few times and I’d like to add it to Post #1 if anyone knows for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter