"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have a trip planned for September and I was so excited to see they were offering DAH. I've always wanted to go but they have them in Jan - March and I can't go that time of year. So I happily logged in to the Disney site only to find dates wern't showing (just a "call this number for availability" memo). Off to my new favorite place..Disboards. You guys never let me down. Well, the dates were posted but NOT for any time during my trip! :sad:
We are going 9/01- 9/08 but they only have one available for 9/20/18. Yup, I'm whining about it. Who else would understand but other Disney fanatics?

Okay. Pity party over. :charac2: :P

I already have a trip planned for September and I was so excited to see they were offering DAH. I've always wanted to go but they have them in Jan - March and I can't go that time of year. So I happily logged in to the Disney site only to find dates wern't showing (just a "call this number for availability" memo). Off to my new favorite place..Disboards. You guys never let me down. Well, the dates were posted but NOT for any time during my trip! :sad:
We are going 9/01- 9/08 but they only have one available for 9/20/18. Yup, I'm whining about it. Who else would understand but other Disney fanatics?

Okay. Pity party over. :charac2: :P

I'll join your pity party. We're going Sept 8-15. No DAH for me either. :worried:

Can anyone tell me, as an AP holder can i get the AP discount tickets for the people in our group that don’t have AP’s?
From what I've read on here, yes you can. I think you either give them your AP information over the phone or do it when you get there. Someone else that is actually an AP holder would know better, though.

From what I've read on here, yes you can. I think you either give them your AP information over the phone or do it when you get there. Someone else that is actually an AP holder would know better, though.
I bought 5 DAH tickets by phone using my AP discount. Received plastic tickets in the mail a few days later.

Can anyone tell me, as an AP holder can i get the AP discount tickets for the people in our group that don’t have AP’s?

I had no problem purchasing one from a non AP holder in March this year and picked it up at the TTC. I did have to show my AP card and ID but the process was easy.

I imagine there is a limit to the number of discounted rate tickets one can purchase but to what extent I don't know.

We are attending on in June. I am trying to figure out a plan. For parties we usually sleep late then get to the park around 4 or so. For this I am thinking about doing Epcot for lunch and a ride or two, back to the hotel for a rest, dinner at hotel, then head to MK around 7. Has anyone done it this way? I have DD12 and DS11. They will be struggling to make it to 1AM no matter what we do but I do want to get the most out of it. We might swim but this tires them out a lot....

We are attending on in June. I am trying to figure out a plan. For parties we usually sleep late then get to the park around 4 or so. For this I am thinking about doing Epcot for lunch and a ride or two, back to the hotel for a rest, dinner at hotel, then head to MK around 7. Has anyone done it this way? I have DD12 and DS11. They will be struggling to make it to 1AM no matter what we do but I do want to get the most out of it. We might swim but this tires them out a lot....

Granted my kids are younger, but the swimming thing has backfired on me with DS before. Wears him out to the point where he’s totally done / actually asking to go to sleep. :-)

Party/event dates are always such a struggle for me. I hate to “waste” the day, but it’s hard to find the right balance of conserving stamina - especially in the summer heat!

Granted my kids are younger, but the swimming thing has backfired on me with DS before. Wears him out to the point where he’s totally done / actually asking to go to sleep. :-)

Party/event dates are always such a struggle for me. I hate to “waste” the day, but it’s hard to find the right balance of conserving stamina - especially in the summer heat!

I've been thinking about what to do about it as well. In January it wasn't nearly as late and we didn't have any problems. I'm going to try and get both kids to sleep as late as possible (maybe stay out late the night before to adjust the schedule a bit). Maybe go to the pool for a bit but try and stay out the heat as much as possible that day. I don't like wasting the day but DAH was so much fun for us before it will be worth it to take it easy for most of the day!

At the second it begins, how do you get to bypass people that got in line one minute before it began?

Do you get to go in FP queues in the first portion of the event until the non-DAH crowd is all out of the park?

We went in March and it went until midnight. We slept in, went swimming for about an hour, ate lunch, and laid down in our room. We took our 9 yo niece and she wasn't able to fall asleep, but she definitely needed to lay down. She still couldn't make it until midnight even with that break.

At the second it begins, how do you get to bypass people that got in line one minute before it began?

Do you get to go in FP queues in the first portion of the event until the non-DAH crowd is all out of the park?

FYI, I merged your post into the main DAH discussion thread.

In the past some have reported being told to use the FP line with your DAH lanyard. In practice most non-major headliner rides are walk-ons or close to it at that time and you don’t tend to have a major day guest / DAH guest bottleneck. You may get a bit more of it with these summer dates, good weather, people want to be out late, etc, but I’m guessing it won’t be all that different.

Some folks craft their strategies around avoiding the rides at first where you’re more likely to see that happen... 7DMT, Space, etc.

Curious what others have to say as well.

Would an earlier swim (say in the range of 10-2, LOADS OF SUNSCREEN) then nap until 5:00 - 5:30ish. Grab a dinner then go over. I know my grands are TOAST after swimming and pool time. Just thinking you might get it to work to your advantage.

We will be at Disney from early (flight arrives at 730am) from July 6 - 14. It will be me, husband and son (16 years). We have always been all day park people and some of our most magical memories are being at MK until 2am at EMH. So we are taking the plung and getting DAH tickets. We could go on a Saturday July 7th or a Monday July 9th. Which one would you do and why? I keep going back and forth and can't decide.

Last edited:
We will be at Disney from early (flight arrives at 730am) from July 6 - 14. It will be me, husband and son (16 years). We have always been all day park people and some of our most magical memories are being at MK until 2am at EMH. So we are taking the plung and getting DAH tickets. We could go on a Saturday July 7th or a Monday July 9th. Which one would you do and why? I keep going back and forth and can't decide.
I’d do Monday in hopes that some of the July 4th crowd will have already cleared out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter