"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU! We wasted over 3 1/2 hours last year waiting to meet Jack & Sally and don't want a repeat of THAT!!! We decided this year we want to meet the 7D and Queen of Hearts. Do you know what time the 7D come out? Do they start early?

Your kiddos are adorable!! I am so excited for this party. Last year was our first year going to MNSSHP and we just did Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head T-shirt costumes. When I got this idea for this year I dove right into 100%. It has been a lot of work...hoping to be a hit!!!
Dwarfs come out at 6:20. If you are one of the first in line, you should be done in time to make it to the Queen with a minimal wait. Have fun - and make sure to get tons of pics by HM (that's my one regret from last year!)

Thanks for the quick answer :)

With our boys being toddler, I believe Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy could be among the characters we'll meet.

Your looking at waiting in four separate lines to meet those characters, worth it yes but for a toddler that's a lot of waiting. Have you considered meeting Pooh & Gang in their Halloween attire, you get them all in one shot!

I saw today on FB that the pumpkin popcorn buckets are available throughout the day and even at EPCOT. I really wanted to get one, but was told they were sold out the night I went to MNSSHP. Without getting gouged on Ebay, what's the best way to get one of these shipped to Michigan?
Look up Pixie purchases with April on Facebook. Maybe she can hook you up.

Advice needed please on who to line up for first: Minnie, Daisy/Donald, and Goofy? Planning on lining up between 5:45 and 6:00. Any idea how long these will take to complete? Going on 9/26 (Tues), it's supposed to be a relatively low attendance party. Thanks!!! :goodvibes

Dwarfs come out at 6:20. If you are one of the first in line, you should be done in time to make it to the Queen with a minimal wait. Have fun - and make sure to get tons of pics by HM (that's my one regret from last year!)

Thanks for the strategy advice!! We got a lot of the HM magic shots last year and hope to this year too BUT we completely missed the Headless Horseman!! AND dinner! So those are other priorties for us to catch this year!!

Could someone tell me if 5-year-old wearing an official Luke Skywalker costumer with the blaster will be able to bring in the blaster for MNSSHP? I've tried to look it up here the the search agent and I aren't friends.

Meet my son Knave of Hearts from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland!!!

View attachment 271156

View attachment 271157

Woof! So much hand sewing my little fingers and eyes hurt!!! I'll make the cape after DH & DS make the chest plate til then I'm working on DH - White Rabbit :-)

I hand sewed 22.2 yards of red cording onto the sleeves. The silver bumpy fabric below is what I used for the pants, it's hard to see from the photo with my son. It's actually a two piece outfit, the boot covers are sewn onto the pants.

View attachment 271182

The hearts on the collar are 3.5" ribbons hand sewn together hiding the cut ends and then strung in a row with silk thread. I then attached it to the collar and sewed on the beads. This detail was hard to see in any of the online photos taken of the original costume.

View attachment 271184

I'm able to sew like this because of my mom. She studied in Japan for four years and was a Master Seamstress. I use and make my own patterns and she never used them, I hope to be that accomplished in my lifetime. Love you mom.

I didn't have a chance to get on here until now, but I just have to say that your work is AMAZING! I sew too, and I'm blown away by your details and hand work!

Kind hearted Dis'ers. That how I am getting my poison apple mug this year. Year after year of having them sold out before I could get one When they first said on the parks blog that WDW wouldn't get them this year I asked a kindly fellow Dis'er if she would pick one up for me and she said yes. Those Crooks on Ebay don't deserve to get our money.

This ::yes::
Do you have any Disney Outlets by you? I noticed them at mine just this morning.

edit- nvm, you mean the plastic party ones don't you?

Advice needed please on who to line up for first: Minnie, Daisy/Donald, and Goofy? Planning on lining up between 5:45 and 6:00. Any idea how long these will take to complete? Going on 9/26 (Tues), it's supposed to be a relatively low attendance party. Thanks!!! :goodvibes

I would do the ducks first. Probably line up around 6:30 or a little before. Did they change it this year? Last year you got the ducks and Minnie all from one line. I don't think you need to be quite as early as you are thinking. I actually haven't heard a lot about Goofy's line. In the past his line was always short but this year he is actually wearing a costume different from his day to day costume, so I'm not sure.

I would do the ducks first. Probably line up around 6:30 or a little before. Did they change it this year? Last year you got the ducks and Minnie all from one line. I don't think you need to be quite as early as you are thinking. I actually haven't heard a lot about Goofy's line. In the past his line was always short but this year he is actually wearing a costume different from his day to day costume, so I'm not sure.

@magickingdomprincess

It has changed this year. Minnie has her own line and the ducks have theirs. I recommend Minnie first as her line is always the longest then get in line for the ducks. Goofy meets at the Barnstormer in his pirate costume and it's been reported many times his line stays short. That's the order I'd meet them and I'd get in line at 6:15-6:30 to be among the first to see her.

So just checking my weather app for next week when we will be down there....glad i didn't have our party shirts made in long sleeves! :rolleyes1 However I was hoping for a bit of cooler weather because I was hoping Disney would have more long sleeve/sweatpant type of clothing out. I am always cold...:cold:

So just checking my weather app for next week when we will be down there....glad i didn't have our party shirts made in long sleeves! :rolleyes1 However I was hoping for a bit of cooler weather because I was hoping Disney would have more long sleeve/sweatpant type of clothing out. I am always cold...:cold:

Me too - I wear sweaters all year because our office is so cold......I had hoped for 80-ish ....... didn't realize Sept was still so hot there for some reason - maybe it was just being in denial and wishful thinking

Me too - I wear sweaters all year because our office is so cold......I had hoped for 80-ish ....... didn't realize Sept was still so hot there for some reason - maybe it was just being in denial and wishful thinking
i'm right there with ya! We typically have went in May/June and melted...was hoping for warm days by the pool and fall cool evenings...oh well I guess I get my warm days by the pool!

Hey all- we're doing our first party in less than two weeks! So excited! I'm trying to plan roughly when to do things- aiming for the later parade/hocus pocus times so we can go on rides during the earlier ones. Considering we'll want to do fireworks, then wait for those things, we're planning on fitting in one character meeting (for Pooh & Friends) and some rides before fireworks.

If we're planning to see Pooh & Friends at 7PM, would getting in line around 6:15/6:30 be sufficient? We don't want to waste the whole party standing in lines, but I figure if we get there at 4 we can hit some rides before that. Any suggestions for those who have been recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter