"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meet my son Knave of Hearts from Tim Burton's

Woof! So much hand sewing my little fingers and eyes hurt!!! I'll make the cape after DH & DS make the chest plate til then I'm working on DH - White Rabbit :-)

I hand sewed 22.2 yards of red cording onto the sleeves. The silver bumpy fabric below is what I used for the pants, it's hard to see from the photo with my son. It's actually a two piece outfit, the boot covers are sewn onto the pants.

Absolutely amazing! I am in awe!

Meet my son Knave of Hearts from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland!!!

View attachment 271156

View attachment 271157

Woof! So much hand sewing my little fingers and eyes hurt!!! I'll make the cape after DH & DS make the chest plate til then I'm working on DH - White Rabbit :-)

I hand sewed 22.2 yards of red cording onto the sleeves. The silver bumpy fabric below is what I used for the pants, it's hard to see from the photo with my son. It's actually a two piece outfit, the boot covers are sewn onto the pants.

View attachment 271182
AMAZING WORK!!!

I was so excited to see this video of Daisy de la Cruz!!! :cool1::banana: This is my costume for MNSSHP!!! (And my DH is going as the Man in the red and white boxers with no pants!) So excited - going next Friday night (9/30)!!! :dancer:

Can anybody tell me the suggested time to start lining up for the 7 Dwarves??
Plan to line up for the dwarfs around 5:15. The line will start building significantly after 5:30.

Fantastic costume choices, btw! Here are my kiddos last year
IMG_2480.JPG

Can you get the pumpkin Mickey waffle sundae from sleepy hollow before 7pm? Also can use a snack credit for it?

I'm going to step back on if you can buy before 7pm, I have read and even posted tweets stating some were sold out prior to 7pm but with Disney this could change but Yes to using snack credits that has been confirmed by fellow DISers. :-) Also if you have a Star Bucks card you can get points but not redeem them. You can use Star Bucks Gift Card at the Main Street Bakery.

Last edited:

The hearts on the collar are 3.5" ribbons hand sewn together hiding the cut ends and then strung in a row with silk thread. I then attached it to the collar and sewed on the beads. This detail was hard to see in any of the online photos taken of the original costume.

I'm able to sew like this because of my mom. She studied in Japan for four years and was a Master Seamstress. I use and make my own patterns and she never used them, I hope to be that accomplished in my lifetime. Love you mom.

AMAZING!

View attachment 271156

View attachment 271157

View attachment 271182

The hearts on the collar are 3.5" ribbons hand sewn together hiding the cut ends and then strung in a row with silk thread. I then attached it to the collar and sewed on the beads. This detail was hard to see in any of the online photos taken of the original costume.

View attachment 271184

I'm able to sew like this because of my mom. She studied in Japan for four years and was a Master Seamstress. I use and make my own patterns and she never used them, I hope to be that accomplished in my lifetime. Love you mom.

OK I used to be so proud of the hand made costumes I made my son when he was little.....now ..... not so much. My basic and often slightly lopsided creations had love in every stitch though...or thats what I keep telling my self when I see your sons costume :oops:

OK I used to be so proud of the hand made costumes I made my son when he was little.....now ..... not so much. My basic and often slightly lopsided creations had love in every stitch though...or thats what I keep telling my self when I see your sons costume :oops:

In earnest my mothers love is just pouring out of me with every stitch and I'm sure your son felt your love too. :hug:

So in reply to some of the DL vs DW comparison of Halloween. I was lucky enough to be in CA for a conference a number of years ago (just after they opened Cars Land). We didn't do the party but got to see the Haunted Mansion all decked out in the Nightmare Before xmas theme....IT WAS AMAZING! And I got to see Jack and Sally after the ride! Imagine by disappointment when the following year we went to Orlando and they didn't change around Haunted Mansion :( This will be our first Halloween party ever so can't comment on the party but DL definitely beats out DW in general for Halloween. Can't wait for the party however!

Has anyone had the experience of going to the party at a later time? If we were planning to get there around 9pm, we can still see the parade, the show, and the fireworks, which is really what we're more into.. Is this advisable?

You can get into the party at 4. allowing for 8 hours of fun. I can't see the wisdom of arriving 5 hours 'late' and only having 3 hours of the party - less than half!

But. to each his own!

View attachment 271156

View attachment 271157

View attachment 271182

View attachment 271184

That is seriously amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts