Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

I'm not sure how he managed to not get caught, but we seemed to be following behind a kid with a go pro strapped to his chest for most of the houses last year. I can't believe nobody stopped him.

Each year you will see someone doing their thing to try to get pictures

Do the day tour of unmasking the horror and take pictures in those houses

Unless you're the guy from last year who tried to get in with a bag the size of a small car......he was told to leave it as he wouldn't be allowed in with it...........it was mahoosive!!!

Goodness knows what was in it........

Every trip we see someone lugging a checked sized piece of luggage thru the parks.o_O

Pushing a stroller is one thing, but I cannot imagine rolling a 50# bag around all day.

Have wondered perhaps it could be portable medical equipment of some sort & security cannot refuse.:confused3

I got mine too. I had put 3 different upc codes in that wouldn't work. Sent an email, the response was that the Coke promotion was only for Florida and Georgia residents.

I called to get my tickets and told the person on the phone that the upc on the coke can wasn't working and they just put the discount through for me. When I provided my address, they didn't tell me it was for certain states. So bizarre that they would tell you that.

I plan to start my annual sticky of

"When are you going to hhn?"

It will show what dates you plan on attending and your screen name

And it is possible for anyone to post their info to receive a pm from others to maybe set up a meet and greet and put a name with a face

I have been waiting to start this sticky once the ap ticket rates are released

Past years it has been in June or July

I will get the new temporary sticky in place soon

I do this sticky yearly and then remove the sticky status weeks after the hhn is over

Always look to you starting that thread mac........nice to be able to meet up with folks......even if it is just a quick hello for 5 minutes.......nice to be able to put a face to a name to folks.

Met a few folks over the years...........

Just started planning our October trip this year. Last year we had to cancel due to hurricane (our flights were cancled). B
een looking for information on HHN, can't seem to find...Is there going to be a Repository VR house this year?

Just started planning our October trip this year. Last year we had to cancel due to hurricane (our flights were cancled). B
een looking for information on HHN, can't seem to find...Is there going to be a Repository VR house this year?

I hope so !!

Long-time reader, first-time poster here.

I'm hearing some interesting things timeline wise. I'm expecting we should hear more about this year's host before the end of the month (and that's extremely liberal, honestly I'd be surprised if we don't know something by end of the week). Then we should likely get some more info in mid-July. I'm expecting some big Nintendo news around that same time to offset the D23 announcements with closures of Kids Zone to begin in mid-November and rolling through next year. The Christmas events will offset the need for kids stuff but next year I expect more family entertainment, including dance parties, around the park.

From my understanding, they were going to announce HHN stuff last week but decided to put it off due to the Pulse anniversary.

Looks like we might get more than one host, or a host and a side host if you will. Also, hearing some interesting stuff regarding the up-charge event this year. They learned a lot last year but the biggest issue was the low thru-put, expect this year to be much higher capacity if it happens.

The houses have mostly been leaked by now with no real big surprises to come, despite some issues with certain IPs already announced. Luckily certain IPs weren't announced earlier and it looks like the non-IP house we're getting instead will be much better.

Thoughts?

This is the first year that I'm buying tickets. I'm a little bit confused so hopefully someone can help. We are going to have a multi-day 3 park ticket and do HHN on September 22nd. I read that I may get a discount for having it sort of as an "add on." How would I get that discount? And does anyone know how much it is?

This is the first year that I'm buying tickets. I'm a little bit confused so hopefully someone can help. We are going to have a multi-day 3 park ticket and do HHN on September 22nd. I read that I may get a discount for having it sort of as an "add on." How would I get that discount? And does anyone know how much it is?
You would provide the ticket #s on your day tickets to get the HHN Stay and Scream discount. I don't know what the discount is but all will be revealed in plenty of time.

Ok questions for the HHN vets. The wife and I are going (first time) we are going to be there Wed- Sun 9/20-9/24. So that gives us 3 nights (thurs, fri and Sat) We plan on getting the rush of fear tickets with our AP pass for $82 or so. The ROF with express is $200 more. I think we should be able to get by without it and save the $400. Am I correct in my thinking?

You would provide the ticket #s on your day tickets to get the HHN Stay and Scream discount. I don't know what the discount is but all will be revealed in plenty of time.

Just to clarify, would I have to add it on the day of with guest services? Or are there locations in the park to do it at? I've been stuck in some pretty long lines at guest services before, and I want to avoid losing a chunk of the first day of my family's first trip!

Some past years it could be done at the main mercy shop in the park

Show the day ticket, purchase the add in hhn ticket

Not enough info out yet if that will be the case this year

When the ap ticket passes are listed on the site, all deals should be out to the public at that time

Just to clarify, would I have to add it on the day of with guest services? Or are there locations in the park to do it at? I've been stuck in some pretty long lines at guest services before, and I want to avoid losing a chunk of the first day of my family's first trip!
You don't have to buy the HHN ticket the day you are going...you can buy it anytime...as long as the day tickets are active. You would need to go to Guest Services to get the HHN ticket...but that could change this year. Too early to tell what is going to be the procedure.

QUESTION...We are long time fans of US/IOA. Multiple visits...even WON a trip to Universal a few years ago. This year we are talking about going to the Halloween Horror Nights. We are going on a cruise and returning to Miami on October 15. We are talking about driving from Miami to Orlando, and going to HHN that night. It is a Sunday night and close to Halloween, so I am not sure what the crowd levels typically are for a night like that. Should we stay at HRH (our favorite) to get the Express Pass...OR can we get away with staying at Castaway Cay, since we never have stayed there and save a few bucks but no EP. What are your thoughts? WE will NOT be going to the parks during the day, just an afternoon by the pool, dinner at Bubba Gumps and off to HHN. Fly out first thing the next day. Do we need the EP or are the crowds not very heavy on a Sunday night?

QUESTION...We are long time fans of US/IOA. Multiple visits...even WON a trip to Universal a few years ago. This year we are talking about going to the Halloween Horror Nights. We are going on a cruise and returning to Miami on October 15. We are talking about driving from Miami to Orlando, and going to HHN that night. It is a Sunday night and close to Halloween, so I am not sure what the crowd levels typically are for a night like that. Should we stay at HRH (our favorite) to get the Express Pass...OR can we get away with staying at Castaway Cay, since we never have stayed there and save a few bucks but no EP. What are your thoughts? WE will NOT be going to the parks during the day, just an afternoon by the pool, dinner at Bubba Gumps and off to HHN. Fly out first thing the next day. Do we need the EP or are the crowds not very heavy on a Sunday night?
EP from the hotel does not work for HHN. It's a separate EP, specific to HHN, you will have to buy if you want EP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter