Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

Hey everyone I've put together my highlights video from the Disneyland 10K.
As always its a fun way to relive the race, and for those who haven't tried a runDisney race yet it gives you a good flavor of what to expect.
I tried to leave in any part where Disney had special decorations up, characters, or entertainment, but there was a lot this time so I'm sure I cut some stuff out.

One thing I did notice in my video is how much darker it was starting at 5 a.m. one place that seemed especially dark was that area right behind Paradise Pier in the last mile of the race. They didn't have a string of lights on the "return" side of the road and I was struggling to see the ground hoping that Disney didn't have any big potholes back there. (I'm sure that wasn't bad as the sun came up, but if you were returning within the first hour of the race it was dark.) But really, such a fun and well done race!

Hey everyone I've put together my highlights video from the Disneyland 10K.
As always its a fun way to relive the race, and for those who haven't tried a runDisney race yet it gives you a good flavor of what to expect.
I tried to leave in any part where Disney had special decorations up, characters, or entertainment, but there was a lot this time so I'm sure I cut some stuff out.

One thing I did notice in my video is how much darker it was starting at 5 a.m. one place that seemed especially dark was that area right behind Paradise Pier in the last mile of the race. They didn't have a string of lights on the "return" side of the road and I was struggling to see the ground hoping that Disney didn't have any big potholes back there. (I'm sure that wasn't bad as the sun came up, but if you were returning within the first hour of the race it was dark.) But really, such a fun and well done race!

I noticed this too! If they're going to continue 5am starts they really need to put some better lighting back there. Even just one of those lighting towers that are used for construction would improve the visibility greatly.

We parked at DTD and walked over. But we bought some goodies downtown real quick. I think a 20 dollar purchase got you 2 hours for free. Food got you more time. Cant remember, it was very confusing and there were lots of angry people and they were making people turn around and go get receipts validated. That works especially awesome in traffic lines when the attendant runs out to back a line of cars up to get one car to turn around against the traffic flow.

I don't think anyone answered this person. I would like to know as well for future reference

Didn't try this during DLHM weekend but GardenWalk still has 1 hour free parking. Will probably park there for Avengers pickup (or coerce someone into dropping us off).

My BFF and I parked in Pinocchio (we were there very early on Thursday morning) but we did that because I have free parking on my AP. I did notice a lot of people parking in the Disneyland Hotel self-parking lot so maybe that is an option although I have no first-hand knowledge how it worked or if it was a good idea.

Parked over in DTD again. Though I am going to make sure to get validation in the future. Didn't realize how much unvalidated at DTD costs. Realized the price different when I went into DTD to kill time before I flew home. Actually considering I bought a shirt I might have paid the same but I wanted the shirt so it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!